IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> austin trout, the more i hear/see this guy...
Marcus
post Apr 4 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 08:52 PM) *
it's too bad floyd isn't going to fight him.

I actually think there's a possibility we could see that down the road. Floyd would probably make him fight Ishe Smith first or something. We already see how much the fans are demanding Mayweather-Canelo. I just think the value of a Mayweather-Trout fight needs to increase for Floyd to really consider it. But the ticket sales/views for Trout-Canelo/Trout-Cotto should definitely get Floyd's attention. I can't really say if i can see Trout beating Floyd until i see how Floyd performs on May 4. I give Floyd the SLIGHT edge. A lot of people like to discredit Floyd's win over Cotto saying how he lost a step without giving credit to Cotto for making it a tough fight. Rather than giving Cotto credit for being a solid opponent they say Floyd's legs are gone which i don't see because Floyd moved ALOT in that fight. Maybe not as much as he used to, but he moved ALOT. In fact Cotto MADE Floyd use his legs in that fight.

As for Trout, I've had the privilege of encountering him at the press tour and weigh-in for his Cotto fight. Very cool dude. He let the fans pose with his belt and all. lol Trout kinda reminds me of Sergio Martinez. He's earning his recognition the hard way, nothing was given to him but a fight contract. Yes he has Al Haymon in his corner but its obvious he's not getting the same push that Berto or Broner got. Trout earned the right to call himself a world champion.

And as for Canelo.. he needs to stop focusing on his next opponent after 4/20 and start focusing on the monster he has in front of him. But this will be a great fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 4 2013, 08:17 PM) *
I actually think there's a possibility we could see that down the road. Floyd would probably make him fight Ishe Smith first or something. We already see how much the fans are demanding Mayweather-Canelo. I just think the value of a Mayweather-Trout fight needs to increase for Floyd to really consider it. But the ticket sales/views for Trout-Canelo/Trout-Cotto should definitely get Floyd's attention. I can't really say if i can see Trout beating Floyd until i see how Floyd performs on May 4. I give Floyd the SLIGHT edge. A lot of people like to discredit Floyd's win over Cotto saying how he lost a step without giving credit to Cotto for making it a tough fight. Rather than giving Cotto credit for being a solid opponent they say Floyd's legs are gone which i don't see because Floyd moved ALOT in that fight. Maybe not as much as he used to, but he moved ALOT. In fact Cotto MADE Floyd use his legs in that fight.

As for Trout, I've had the privilege of encountering him at the press tour and weigh-in for his Cotto fight. Very cool dude. He let the fans pose with his belt and all. lol Trout kinda reminds me of Sergio Martinez. He's earning his recognition the hard way, nothing was given to him but a fight contract. Yes he has Al Haymon in his corner but its obvious he's not getting the same push that Berto or Broner got. Trout earned the right to call himself a world champion.

And as for Canelo.. he needs to stop focusing on his next opponent after 4/20 and start focusing on the monster he has in front of him. But this will be a great fight.

i saw a few interviews where canelo stated that he isn't thinking about anyone but trout. he's going to need to pull out all the stops to beat trout. trout is a bigger, faster, slicker guy. it's going to be interesting.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 4 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I've admired this cat for a while. He's a nice kid and deserving. I hope he does achieve greatness. Canelo is in trouble.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 5 2013, 05:14 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 4 2013, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 06:22 PM) *
i saw a few interviews where canelo stated that he isn't thinking about anyone but trout. he's going to need to pull out all the stops to beat trout. trout is a bigger, faster, slicker guy. it's going to be interesting.

He actually has mentioned Mayweather. I think Alvarez shot himself in the foot by not being on this May 4th PPV. He could of been introduced to a larger audience but that is what ego does to you.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 5 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

At first, I was reading this like where is he going with this. By the end, however, he brought the whole Love theme home and I was like WOW, that was some profound stuff there. As some of you may know, I have a HUGE respect for those who work to perfect their craft. I can't stand people with tons of talent and no actual skill. (see Amir Khan). Part of why I became more than a casual boxing fan is when I started watching guys train. When I began watching guys like B-Hop, Mayweather, Winky Wright etc just master the psychological aspect of their sport so much more than everybody else. The ability to become technically sound and fight off the temptation of squandering the opportunity to develop into a great, for the sake of landing the big shot or doing something fundamentally incorrect for the sake of ooohhh and ahhhs and fan appreciation...THAT is what I appreciate about this kid. THAT is what I appreciate about Andre Ward. THAT is why I think Mikey Garcia is the most impressive Top Prank fighter Bob Arum has. THAT is what I'll be looking for the next time Terence Crawford fights. That dedication to perfecting your craft above all else. The ability to say "I don't mind getting booed as long as I'm truly getting better." I hope this kid has a bright future

p.s. As for Floyd, let's get serious... he doesn't owe anybody a fight with Austin Trout. That's ridiculous. Trout should be fighting guys like GGG and Sergio Martinez. It has to stop somewhere man.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 5 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2013, 02:04 PM) *
At first, I was reading this like where is he going with this. By the end, however, he brought the whole Love theme home and I was like WOW, that was some profound stuff there. As some of you may know, I have a HUGE respect for those who work to perfect their craft. I can't stand people with tons of talent and no actual skill. (see Amir Khan). Part of why I became more than a casual boxing fan is when I started watching guys train. When I began watching guys like B-Hop, Mayweather, Winky Wright etc just master the psychological aspect of their sport so much more than everybody else. The ability to become technically sound and fight off the temptation of squandering the opportunity to develop into a great, for the sake of landing the big shot or doing something fundamentally incorrect for the sake of ooohhh and ahhhs and fan appreciation...THAT is what I appreciate about this kid. THAT is what I appreciate about Andre Ward. THAT is why I think Mikey Garcia is the most impressive Top Prank fighter Bob Arum has. THAT is what I'll be looking for the next time Terence Crawford fights. That dedication to perfecting your craft above all else. The ability to say "I don't mind getting booed as long as I'm truly getting better." I hope this kid has a bright future

p.s. As for Floyd, let's get serious... he doesn't owe anybody a fight with Austin Trout. That's ridiculous. Trout should be fighting guys like GGG and Sergio Martinez. It has to stop somewhere man.

I'd love for that fight. Trout vs GGG or Sergio I mean lol

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 5 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #17

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

I cant wait for this one. People talk as if this is a fight of peers, but to me, this is a huge step up fight for Alvarez due to the size, skill and movement of Trout.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 5 2013, 05:14 AM) *

He actually has mentioned Mayweather. I think Alvarez shot himself in the foot by not being on this May 4th PPV. He could of been introduced to a larger audience but that is what ego does to you.

i know it wasn't ppv in mexico...but he's done extremely impressive numbers there. all the mexican fans that i know are high on this kid. i've not seen the mexican fans light up about a fighter like this since chavez sr. if he pulls off this win impressively...he's not gonna need floyd for a while.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2013, 08:04 AM) *

solid post. i like that crawford kid. skill wise...he's at the head of the pack at toprank.

true...floyd doesn't owe anyone anything....but the canelo fight has been talked about for a while. if trout should beat canelo...he is the front runner to face floyd imo.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 5 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Expect a rematch with Canelo if he beats him.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:50 AM