IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
mitukczuk
post Feb 19 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Money May vs. Guerrero!

What are your unofficial predcitions?

I think Guerrero will try to make it as rough and ugly as possible, but he will eventually fall behind - as everyone - and allow Floyd to capitalize on his mistakes. I don't think The Ghost will break down though. He seems to be very strong-willed so I expect him to fight for the whole 3 minutes of every round. Floyd might get hit early on before he adjusts as he did in the Judah fight. I don't see a KO though. Floyd ain't gonna leave his throne just yet.

I expect Floyd to be defensively minded and picking his shots while frustrating Guerrero with defense on the ropes as I think Robert will try to bully him there.

All in all...I feel the same way as I always do when Floyd announces his opponent - unsure. Hell, I was worried that JMM will get him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Not gonna happen though...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Feb 19 2013, 01:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 19 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Well its all over boxingscene. It's official and on top of the guerrero news he has signed a huge deal with showtime which if it doesn't make him the if not one of the richest athletes alive he might become the highest grossing boxer ever (if his ppv pace keeps up)

Thoughts, predictions, hate, pour it out.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 19 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Beat me to it.

Mods, use thy divine powers and merge these topics!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 19 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

You are stealing my limelight, Check !

MERGE !

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 19 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 19 2013, 01:18 PM) *
You are stealing my limelight, Check !

MERGE !

Lmao

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 19 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Maybe this took so long. I hope everyone is happy. A six fight deal? Which means he will be fighting until either 38 or 39. 2 fights a year. How much money is he getting? Someone from HBO is beyond pissed. LOL

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 19 2013, 01:10 PM) *
Well its all over boxingscene. It's official and on top of the guerrero news he has signed a huge deal with showtime which if it doesn't make him the if not one of the richest athletes alive he might become the highest grossing boxer ever (if his ppv pace keeps up)

Thoughts, predictions, hate, pour it out.

He will fight 6 times within the next 30 months. He better stay far away from all the pussy thats around him. I'm hypothesizing that he's probably guaranteed $300M for this deal (50M/fight) NOT including his cut of the PPV. "MONEY" never seemed so suiting to go before Mayweather at this point.

Who the hell will he fight in 6 fights? The givens are Robert Guerrero and Alvarez vs. Trout winner.

He'll probably fight the winner of Alexander Brook. MAYBE K9 if he beats Smith as well. But i cant think of any other 3 guaranteed possible opponents he can fight within the next 30 months besides Brook/Alexander winner, Trout/Alvarez winner, and Guerrero..

Who thinks that 0 will go?

This post has been edited by Marcus: Feb 19 2013, 01:27 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 01:22 PM) *
Maybe this took so long. I hope everyone is happy. A six fight deal? Which means he will be fighting until either 38 or 39. 2 fights a year. How much money is he getting? Someone from HBO is beyond pissed. LOL

They're sick yes, but they won't really be sick until they realize Broner is fighting on SHOWTIME too under Floyd's undercards lmaoo

This is great for boxing because CBS and there networks arre going to promote BOXING extensively im sure. This is bigger than Floyd's agenda.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #9

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 01:22 PM) *

They're sick yes, but they won't really be sick until they realize Broner is fighting on SHOWTIME too under Floyd's undercards lmaoo

This is great for boxing because CBS and there networks arre going to promote BOXING extensively im sure. This is bigger than Floyd's agenda.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 19 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 19 2013, 01:23 PM) *
He will fight 6 times within the next 60 months. He better stay far away from all the pussy thats around him. I'm hypothesizing that he's probably guaranteed $300M for this deal (50M/fight) NOT including his cut of the PPV. "MONEY" never seemed so suiting to go before Mayweather at this point.

Who the hell will he fight in 6 fights? The givens are Robert Guerrero and Alvarez vs. Trout winner.

I he'll probably fight winner of Alexander Brook. MAYBE K9 if he beats his fighter as well. But i cant think of any other 3 possible opponents he can fight within the next 30 months besides Brook/Alexander winner, Trout/Alvarez winner, and Guerrero..

Who thinks that 0 will go?

Don't quote me on this but I believe they said it was a 30 month deal. 2 fights a year or so..?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 07:16 PM