IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO: Tripleheader. Garcia, Darchinyan, Donaire@6:30PT/9:30ET-SPOILERS!, No New Threads or Public Streams
BoxingEinstein
post Nov 10 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #61

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Solid and impressive win for Garcia which bumps him up on my p4p list. He's currently in my top 15. Martinez is no joke of an opponent but Garcia fights like a veteran and has the skills plus IQ to go with it. I thought he would win by unanimous decision or 12th round stoppage. Garcia should fight Uchiyama or Mendez and then move up to light weight. I think he beats Abril and Demarco.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 10 2013, 01:12 AM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 10 2013, 12:46 AM) *
Solid and impressive win for Garcia which bumps him up on my p4p list. He's currently in my top 15. Martinez is no joke of an opponent but Garcia fights like a veteran and has the skills plus IQ to go with it. I thought he would win by unanimous decision or 12th round stoppage. Garcia should fight Uchiyama or Mendez and then move up to light weight. I think he beats Abril and Demarco.

Abril is tough for anyone. And i think demarco moved to 140

Mikey is a scary dude, a uchiyama fight would be nice but doubtful. They better keep mares away from this dude tho

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 10 2013, 05:28 AM
Post #63

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Night of the counters with one judge scoring bad in the first fight. Actually pretty fair comments by Lampley! Although he said, "There's a good shot by Martinez" when Garcia actually landed it before the KO. Good tactical fights that had some fireworks in spots.

I think Donaire will have to fight no hoppers to keep winning. It doesn't even seem like he really is into fighting anymore. Ringo I think mentally rattled him.

Good Garcia win!

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 10 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #64

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 10 2013, 05:28 AM) *
Night of the counters with one judge scoring bad in the first fight. Actually pretty fair comments by Lampley! Although he said, "There's a good shot by Martinez" when Garcia actually landed it before the KO. Good tactical fights that had some fireworks in spots.

I think Donaire will have to fight no hoppers to keep winning. It doesn't even seem like he really is into fighting anymore. Ringo I think mentally rattled him.

Good Garcia win!

Jack

Nonito refuses to box, the guy has so much skill but seems to only look for one shot in every one of his fights... I think he fell in love with this "Hbo ko artist" they labeled him as. Dude needs to get together with a trainer he will actually do an entire camp with, Idk why he is with Garcia at this point. Dude seems to be in the bay more often why not just train with his buddy ward and virgil? Bet you he would actually make him implement more technical approaches. Cause from the looks of it nonito doesn't enjoy taking the punishment you have to endure sometimes to get the ko.

I wonder if arum told him the same thing about being more "fan friendly" and that's why he takes that approach??

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 10 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Very good card, I enjoyed all the fights. I was looking forward to seeing the outcome of the Andrade-Matrisoyan fight and I'm glad Andrade won. He dominated that fight outside of the knockdown. Don't see how that idiot judge gave the first 5 rounds to Vanes, seems like you can't have a fight anymore without a trace of stupidity. Andrade was peppering Vanes with shots all night, the only criticism I have is that he leaves his right hand too low and loads up on the left. I hope he takes some defenses and gets some more seasoning. I think he's going to be a pretty good champion, now if we can just get GRJ to step up and go for a belt it will all be good

In the Donaire-Darchiniyan fight, I think it was very telling about Nonito and where he's at and where he's going. You can hear it in his voice in that clip that he doesn't have the same level of confidence and enthusiasm for boxing. He was making excuses talking about the Rigo fight, he should speak for himself because all the greats have supreme focus, he lost focus and he paid the price for it. It's a saying called soul clapped and Rigo clapped his soul. From hear on out, Donaire is going to have to work his ass off just to come out with the W. He looked terrible in the fight and Vic was well on his way to a win, he just got caught but he had a good game plan. Nonito was very hesitant, it's going to be interesting to see what happens with his career from hear on out

Martinez came to fight and he put up a pretty good effort but that body shot that Mikey threw was lethal. He just appears to be getting better and better, I think we are witnessing the blossoming of a great fighter.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Nov 11 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #66

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

Mickey was always going to be a great fighter, they have brought him along very well and i am very impressed with his maturity and patience in the ring. he has a full arsenal and knows what to throw and when.
why can't donaire ever give his opponents credit? dude is full of excuses every fight he doesn't win by ko.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 12 2013, 05:11 AM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 11 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Mickey was always going to be a great fighter, they have brought him along very well and i am very impressed with his maturity and patience in the ring. he has a full arsenal and knows what to throw and when.
why can't donaire ever give his opponents credit? dude is full of excuses every fight he doesn't win by ko.

he is very good for a kid who never wanted to be there lol

+Quote Post
flazi
post Nov 13 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #68

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

thats right, he never really wanted to be there. now he knows he was born for it.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 06:14 AM