IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's lookin like Broner vs. Demarco, not Guerrero...
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 11 2012, 10:05 PM) *
I think Merchant and the gang thought this due to this aura of invincibility that was around Roy at the time, but looking back on it, the writing was on the wall for him to get beat. His run at 175 was never that impressive to me

And that's what I have a problem with, Guerrero is a solid fighter. I like watching him fight, just not at 147. I think the networks are the reason these fighters act the way they do, every fighters goal is to get on TV, then onto ESPN or one of those main event cards, then onto HBO or Showtime and the end goal is PPV. The problem is the 2 big networks pic and choose who they air and who they want to puush and it's usually some "sensational" story behind them

Fighters like Guerrero should get dates due to skill

i don't think guerrero is where he is because of his back story. he has skill. he can fight. he's right where he needs to be...a headliner on showtime. like i said before...i think he needs a big win or two to get him in line to face floyd...but i have no problem with him calling out floyd right now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 12 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 12 2012, 03:04 PM) *
i don't think guerrero is where he is because of his back story. he has skill. he can fight. he's right where he needs to be...a headliner on showtime. like i said before...i think he needs a big win or two to get him in line to face floyd...but i have no problem with him calling out floyd right now.

Definitely not but he was pushed as that headliner in Showtime for his big mouth as in calling out Floyd and his wife's unfortunate situation

If not for that, He'd be on ShoBox instead of Showtime Championship Boxing

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 12 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Definitely not but he was pushed as that headliner in Showtime for his big mouth as in calling out Floyd and his wife's unfortunate situation

If not for that, He'd be on ShoBox instead of Showtime Championship Boxing

agree to disagree on that one.

i think it was a much bigger deal that he jumped 2 weight classes to take on an undefeated contender. it's a rare feat worthy of respect imo.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 13 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #34

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

l like this fight

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 14 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

the more i think about it...broner by ko. broner can punch...and he's way to fast for demarco. he'll make easy work of demarco.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 14 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 13 2012, 03:07 PM) *
agree to disagree on that one.

i think it was a much bigger deal that he jumped 2 weight classes to take on an undefeated contender. it's a rare feat worthy of respect imo.

I think he'll get Broner before he gets Floyd, and we'll be saying the same thing about his jump up in weight classes and the ass whopping he's going to put on Guerrero

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 14 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 14 2012, 02:18 PM) *
the more i think about it...broner by ko. broner can punch...and he's way to fast for demarco. he'll make easy work of demarco.

True, Demarco looked so good in his win last weekend that he almost has no choice but to fight Broner next. I think Broner makes short work of him

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 14 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 14 2012, 02:37 PM) *
I think he'll get Broner before he gets Floyd, and we'll be saying the same thing about his jump up in weight classes and the ass whopping he's going to put on Guerrero

not really when u consider that guerrero fought most of his career at 130. now if he beats a natural 147lb fighter...then yes.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 14 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 14 2012, 05:52 PM) *
not really when u consider that guerrero fought most of his career at 130. now if he beats a natural 147lb fighter...then yes.

When it's all said and done, I think we'll be talking more about Broner then Robert. I like him and he's a hard nosed fighter but Broner just has that "it" factor inside and outside the ring. Guerrero doesn't. Special talent special skill, that's Broner. He does alot of a-hole stuff but that's his choice. It doesn't take away from his ability and he's ahead of Robert in that dept. If they fought I think due to Broner's age and his activity he'd give the ghost fits.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 9 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 14 2012, 09:19 PM) *
When it's all said and done, I think we'll be talking more about Broner then Robert. I like him and he's a hard nosed fighter but Broner just has that "it" factor inside and outside the ring. Guerrero doesn't. Special talent special skill, that's Broner. He does alot of a-hole stuff but that's his choice. It doesn't take away from his ability and he's ahead of Robert in that dept. If they fought I think due to Broner's age and his activity he'd give the ghost fits.

no doubt....broner's skill is undeniable. demarco will be a show case bout for him. guerrero would be a fight.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:02 PM