IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What fighters do you think will suffer health issues after their career?
mrchitown
post Apr 14 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 14 2013, 02:36 PM) *
Just cause they look good does not mean they are. Hearns always looks like he is lost or has no idea where he is, Haglere left the game early cause he really didn't like boxing so he went to shoot movies. So he got out when he still had brain cells. Holyfield looks drunk and if you hear and look at Tyson's movements and speech he seems to get confused but they are not as apparent as others. Duran even looks slow. Chavez Sr. looks slow and old. But maybe that has to be with his drug use and a combination of getting hit in the head. So who knows.

I'd attribute that to more of his lifestyle outside the ring then in it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 14 2013, 06:06 PM) *
I'd attribute that to more of his lifestyle outside the ring then in it

touche but I am sure taking blows to the head did not help.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 15 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #13

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 14 2013, 11:52 AM) *
It really depends on how a person is. Just because a fighter took punches does not mean they will suffer health issues. Look at Julio Caesar Chavez. Guy had more than a 100 fights and he's more alert and oriented than his son. Marvin Hagler is doin fine hell even Holyfield and Tyson are doing great.

It really does depend. Its like a lottery. But every punch they take brings them closer to those health problems.

good points--- JAKE LOMATTA WAS BORN IN 1922-- LOOKS good and can talk pretty well.. He took loads of punches---

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 15 2013, 07:40 AM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (bMaK @ Apr 14 2013, 09:50 PM) *
All of them. Y'all look at the damage they take in the fights, or the lack of damage for some, and always overlook the work they put in in the gym.

STG, I was going to mention the endless rounds of sparring, as well. So, I'll go w/ all of them, too.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 15 2013, 07:42 AM
Post #15

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (bMaK @ Apr 14 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Sweet Pea was a great defensive fighter. Today he still looks and sounds like shit.

Floyd is arguably the greatest defensive fighter in boxing. He's got a permanent busted rib, has had issues with a knee, elbow, and shoulder.

I'm pretty sure his hands are gonna be killing him when he gets up in age.

I'd attribute that more to the "nose candy" than what happened inside the ring....though, I'm sure being punched in the head may exacerbated his troubles.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 14 2013, 10:00 AM) *
Yesterday was a display of what boxing is about. Hit and not get hit. Rigondeaux put on a boxing clinic and had a virtuoso performance against a so called top 5 pound for pound fighter. Many people believed because Rigondeaux did not stand and one place to trade shots they viewed the fight as being boring or Rigondeaux running. However fighters like Rios, Alvarado, Pacquiao, Marquez, Morales, Bradley, and a slue of other fighters who stand toe to toe and take punishment are considered "real" boxers.

What concerns me about the above mentioned fighters are they will have serious health issues after their career is over. Here are my list of fighters that I feel will have serious health issues after their career is over, please add to the list if I missed any fighters.

1. Rios
2. Alvarado
3. Pacquiao
4. Marquez
5. Bradley (if starts fighting like he did against Ruslan)
6. Ruslan P.
7. Paulie M. (he gets hit way to much for my liking)
8. El Perro Agulo (spelling is off, sorry)
9. Kermit Cintron
10. Victor Ortiz
11. Khan (he gets hit way too much)

paulie doesn't belong on that list. even when he took beatings against cotto and hatton...it wasn't no where near what the others suffered. i'd take marquez off that list too.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 14 2013, 09:06 PM) *
You could make the case that anyone who steps thru those ropes will end up having health issues. Just because a fighter is defensive doesn't mean they're immune from it, though brawlers would immediately set off alarms for something like this, you really just have to wait and see how it plays out

i'll agree with this...most of the damage occurs in the gym.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bMaK @ Apr 14 2013, 08:50 PM) *
All of them. Y'all look at the damage they take in the fights, or the lack of damage for some, and always overlook the work they put in in the gym.

missed this. exactly. how u been B!?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

All fighters deal with some type of health issue after their career is over, even if it's just a nagging injury. Some will have waaaay worse injuries than the others though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 16 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2013, 07:57 PM) *
All fighters deal with some type of health issue after their career is over, even if it's just a nagging injury. Some will have waaaay worse injuries than the others though.

i didn't even make it to the pros and i have a bad shoulder...and joint pain in my wrist and knuckles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:11 PM