> Danny Green vs Antonio Tarver
gravytrain
post Apr 6 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 6 2011, 08:34 PM) *
But I think it's funny because just about every American hates him, but why? he is kind of irrelevant.

He embarrassed Roy Jones Jr, and then beat BJ Flores, a guy nobody gave a fuck about and people can't stand him, haha.

I love it.

it's probably because his sorry ass lost to Mundine lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 7 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #12

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

I dont mind Danny, but he did start down mundines path of least resistance with some easy fights. So he has dropped a few notches in my book. Tarver isnt the biggest match out there for him either, but more credible than feasting Jones carcass... slightly more credible that is. I just think he will get caught with a big shot as he presses forward

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 7 2011, 05:24 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 7 2011, 04:28 AM) *
I think that's a pretty unfair to compare his path to Mundines path, there not even close. Had Mundine made the moves Danny Green was/has been willing to make, I guarantee you he would have been spoken about higher than he is now. He also wouldn't be training for a rematch against a guy smaller than him with much less skills than him either.

If Mundine had ever pulled a stunt like fighting Paul Briggs he would've been crucified and rightly so. If I had to pick a point where I started disliking Green a little it was this fight. It really was a black mark for he sport of boxing.

That and the fact that all of his opponents lately are fighting for his supposed CW crown yet they all come in at 'Dannyweight.' What's that all about?

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Apr 7 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #14

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 7 2011, 08:24 PM) *
If Mundine had ever pulled a stunt like fighting Paul Briggs he would've been crucified and rightly so.

Umm he did & then some by fighting a alcoholic Lester Ellis who was IBF 130 lb champion in 1985! Or maybe when he called out Jeff Fench? Or when he fought Guy Waters? Or what about when he fought a coked up Shannan Taylor?

Mundine is a joke. He was a 2nd rate 5/8 & is a 2nd rate boxer. Everything about the dumb abo is 2nd rate.

As for Green vs Tarver I am surprised at how many are picking Tarver by easy victory. What has he remotely done in the last few years to give people that opinion? lose twice to Dawson? Not saying Danny is all that & a pack of crisps but for fucks sake it is Tarver he is fighting not a prime Robinson. This is the same cunt who could not adjust to old fox Hopkins & fought like a complete bitch against RJJ in their third fight.

Personally I hope Green catches him good & sends him to the land'o twitch.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 7 2011, 06:02 AM
Post #15

Middleweight

Siaca was a cynical attempt at beating Mundines conqueror. He had fought 4 times in 4 years prior, and was coming off a year long lay off. That is a least resistance fight based purely on sticking it to mundine

The Briggs fight was a disgrace. A 3 year lay off only to come back and fight for a title? Some dodgy strings were pulled in making that match

When i said he started down mundines yellow brick road of shit fights... you bet he did. Did he meet mundines mates the cowardly lion and the tin man, no, but he sure as hell shook hands with the scare crow. All I said was he dropped a few notches in my book. If he didnt drop a few notches in your own after those matches then there is something wrong with you

Is he anywhere near as bad as Mundine? No, not even close to the shit choc was pulling, but still... he tainted his fan base with some recent shitty fights.

Yes, in retrospect Jones was a carcass, but at the time he was supposed to beat Green. Granted. But realistically, Jones only looked good against Lacy because Lacy was a shell. Lacy gave people a false sense of security that Roy was back on track. He wasnt even close to the old roy, as demonstrated in the green fight and subsequent performances. If i am guilty of anything it is in overestimating Jones prior to the fight. But in the cold light of day, regardless of the prefight hype, Green fought a shot Jones. The prefight hype for Jones argument only carries you so far. It does not improve the actual quality of the win. That can only be determined by the quality of the opponent that steps into the ring on the night

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Apr 7 2011, 04:30 PM

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 7 2011, 06:03 AM
Post #16

Middleweight

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 7 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Personally I hope Green catches him good & sends him to the land'o twitch.

And so do i

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 7 2011, 06:06 AM
Post #17

Middleweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 7 2011, 10:24 AM) *
If Mundine had ever pulled a stunt like fighting Paul Briggs he would've been crucified and rightly so. If I had to pick a point where I started disliking Green a little it was this fight. It really was a black mark for he sport of boxing.

That and the fact that all of his opponents lately are fighting for his supposed CW crown yet they all come in at 'Dannyweight.' What's that all about?

Exactly

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Apr 7 2011, 06:07 AM

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 7 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #18

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

I personally don't mind Green... I talk shit to get all the aussies fired up!

I do think all the catchweight fights were gay but people do worse and I DOUBT HIGHLY that Hopkins "ducked" Green.

Anyways... I still would like to see Green laid out motionless. Tarver SD

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Apr 7 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #19

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

All I know is the winner of this fight needs to come see James.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 7 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Apr 7 2011, 10:11 AM) *
All I know is the winner of this fight needs to come see James.

only if the fights on espn2 or showbox.... lol...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 01:22 PM