IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd getting worked in sparring??, Does this mean anything?
Dolimite
post Apr 23 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 23 2013, 05:17 PM) *
Like holding the head and punching? Or the thumbing?

He is a dirty fighter that knows how to cover it up. He is smart and crafty in that way. He doesn't have have knock out power but he is gritty. I think Floyd will pot shot him all night and wear him down. We will see how good his conditioning is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 23 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #72

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 23 2013, 11:03 PM) *
He is a dirty fighter that knows how to cover it up. He is smart and crafty in that way. He doesn't have have knock out power but he is gritty. I think Floyd will pot shot him all night and wear him down. We will see how good his conditioning is.

I thought it was pretty obvious in most of his fights.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 23 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #73

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 08:19 PM) *
which video?

I don't know if anyone here knows him, but I think he has pretty good videos.

He also goes over the Zab Judah and Demarcus Corley fights with Mayweather in his other videos, which were some rough fights Floyd had with southpaws. He's a trainer himself and sometimes gives you a study of both fighters prior to a fight to weigh a liable outcome of the fight.

This post has been edited by sduck: Apr 23 2013, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 24 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #74

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 22 2013, 10:46 PM) *
True, I agree with everything you said.....most of the people who making a big deal out of this is big fans of his. I'm reading on other sites and they putting so much stock in this rumor that he's getting beaten up in sparring, when in fact that now the story is that Broner got knocked out cold by Spence jr, whose supposedly the guy who dropped Floyd. I smell bullshit on all levels but let the couch potatoes tell it. Everybody play expert when they want to make it seem like they actually know some shit

Sparring and the actual fight are 2 different things, just like in other sports, practice and the games are 2 different things. When I ran track , it was a guy who was right there with me in practice all the time but when it came to the actual meets where it counted, he ran well but I never seen him lol.....I think most people know the difference between the 2 but some of the people putting faith in this story are grasping at straws...I'll say ti for the 3rd time it's too much being looked into it on both sides..I'd just like to see some keep it real for just a minute though but that's to much to ask

I don't think there's much difference, Tyson used to work all of his sparring partners to the point that many quit and would never come back. Manny Pac had an easy time with DLH after Oscar was getting beat up by a smaller Valero who blacked both of Oscar's eyes, SRL refused to fight Aaron Pryor because in sparring The Hawk repeatedly beat up on him and dropped him often.

I have to disagree knowing what I know about what happens in sparring and then seeing results of such in fights.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 24 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 24 2013, 11:37 AM) *
I don't think there's much difference, Tyson used to work all of his sparring partners to the point that many quit and would never come back. Manny Pac had an easy time with DLH after Oscar was getting beat up by a smaller Valero who blacked both of Oscar's eyes, SRL refused to fight Aaron Pryor because in sparring The Hawk repeatedly beat up on him and dropped him often.

I have to disagree knowing what I know about what happens in sparring and then seeing results of such in fights.

I agree here. But a black eye doesn't mean much you can get a black eye without being dropped, shit you can het one without even being stunned or hurt.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Paulie M had a black eye in sparring when he gave an interview about him shitting on Keith Thurman at his interview. He was sporting a clear black eye. Where is the backlash on Paulie having a black eye? You get hit in sparring, you get dunked on in practice and INT in practice, you are wrinkling out the kinks. And just because you have a great sparring session (see victor ortiz). he had great sparring but look at his actual fights. By the way if Guerrero sported a black eye I would still say the same thing. He is working hard and he is really taking chances. People need to calm it down.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 24 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 24 2013, 11:37 AM) *

Btw where did you hear this stuff about pryor? I heard the opposite, that srl dropped him a lot even tho their sessions were very intense. But I did hear pryor kod Leonard bad in one session. I love those sparring stories from back in the day. Theirs great footage of chavez getting worked by Mosley and another vid of chavez toying with dlh

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Apr 24 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #78

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

it's no big deal. if errol makes a name for himself one day maybe he can tell how he got the better of mayweather in sparring. it happens all the times, didn't mayweather say he beat sweet pea up in sparring, hearns got bested against McClellan in sparring too. so it whatever.........

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #79

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 05:49 PM) *
there are soooo many hack sites. there should be a law against it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+1000 hahaha. I think they be writing this stuff just for the hits to their website. I be reading some stuff people be sending me and I be reading like you can't be serious. Where did you find this garbage

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 24 2013, 10:37 AM) *

Brutal you just like disagreeing with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I disagree but your point is duly noted, I just think it's a difference on a multitude of levels in the practice setting and the actual event, in this case the event being the fight

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:56 AM