IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime:Agbeko vs. Mares@ 10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, Update: No Suspention For Mora-But No Main Events in Future
Jack 1000
post Aug 14 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #41

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

That ref should be fired... he obviously wasn't trying to protect the fighters, which is his jobs main purpose.

Well, I think he was trying to protected Mares. However, the way he officiated, Abner could have brought a baseball bat into the ring and hit Joseph in the balls with it and Mora would keep saying, "Hey, stop hitting him with that bat, OK?" like 50 times, but never take the bat away from him or penalize Abner for using it. That's the biased type of impact that Mora's action had for me in this fight.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 14 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #42

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 14 2011, 02:26 AM) *
Piece of shit Mora. If they were on the beltline why did that fuck warn Mares 8 times.

Mares is a piece of shit for what he said after the fight. The video was clear with Darchinyan. It was clear tonight. I want to see this motherfucker out fucking cold.

Agbeko was plain and simple, flat out robbed tonight. You would think after so many shit decisions boxing would clean up but no, it is just continuing in to the shitter.

Exactly! He kept telling this dummy to "keep 'em up", but he denied all low blows and warnings during his post-fight interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 14 2011, 11:31 PM
Post #43

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I dont remember thinking Mares being dirty in the Vic fight but this fight was a disgrace. Great fight but Agbeko was robbed of a draw or a win after 2nd viewing it was closer than I thought. Hard to watch fights on stream cuz you cant tell sometimes if punches land or not

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 15 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #44

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Round 1: Mares 10-8
Round 2: Mares 10-9
Round 3: Mares 10-9
Round 4: Agbeko 10-9
Round 5: Mares 10-9
Round 6: Mares 10-9
Round 7: Mares 10-9 (Close)
Round 8: Mares 10-9
Round 9: Agebko 10-9
Round 10: Agebko 10-9
Round 11: Mares 10-9 (Total BS KD)
Round 12: Agbeko 10-9

Fitz i just finished watching it again on my computer and yeah youre right Mares won most rounds. But minus 10-8 rounds and dedcut some points and I dunno, it could possibly be a draw...Id need to compute this shit tho...lol...

But I would want to see a rematch anyway.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 15 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #45

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 15 2011, 04:31 AM) *
I dont remember thinking Mares being dirty in the Vic fight but this fight was a disgrace. Great fight but Agbeko was robbed of a draw or a win after 2nd viewing it was closer than I thought. Hard to watch fights on stream cuz you cant tell sometimes if punches land or not

Vics appeal for a rematch mentioned around 12 - 14 low blows. No doubt alot of those would have been borderline, but thrown in to sell the appeal. The reffing problem with the Vic fight was more about not letting Vic employ his usual style

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 15 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #46

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

He's a fucking nut crackin machine

In fact thats his new nickname for me. Abner "The nut cracker" Mares

Heres one of the family photo's

(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Nut_cracker.jpg/800px-Nut_cracker.jpg)

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 15 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #47

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I recorded it and finally got to watch it. I was impressed by both fighters, especially Agbeko. It was a bit surprising to me since I wasn't very impressed by Vic Darchinyan and especially Yonnhy Perez... or at least when they fought each other. Couldn't really score it myself since people were distracting me when I was watching it... but the fight looked pretty even. You also have to consider the fact that Agbeko was very discouraged after getting repeatedly scolded and low-blowed. Was a pretty shitty ref.
Another thing, I don't think Mares is purposely a dirty fighter, I think he just doesn't aim his body shots very well.

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post Aug 15 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #48

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

The fight was really no shock at all, this type of thing has become common.

What impressed me though was Showtime commentators. Tarver is usually always on it, but Bernstien saw what was going on, and that guy is usually pretty damn oblivious to anything. Jim Grey also, i mean wow. I'm not sure i can believe that was really them, they must be body doubles.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 15 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #49

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Post-Fight Report:

Nevada Executive Director Keth Kitzer says that "Mora will not be suspended, but will have to build himself up by working only undercard fights in the future." Story here:

http://blogs.bettor.com/Keith-Kizer-I-will...ing-news-a91087

Jack

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 15 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #50

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 15 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Post-Fight Report:

Nevada Executive Director Keth Kitzer says that "Mora will not be suspended, but will have to build himself up by working only undercard fights in the future." Story here:

http://blogs.bettor.com/Keith-Kizer-I-will...ing-news-a91087

Jack

with shit like this i can't blame people for turning away from boxing. i bet if Mares was getting hit like that and nothing happened Mora would be suspended right now. but that wouldn't have happened because Agbeko would have been DQed after the 15th low blow.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:41 AM