> Am I the Only One?
Cshel86
post Oct 9 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #51

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 8 2012, 10:02 PM) *
Why isnt boxingloner banned yet? He obviously doesn't like this forum.

Have you read ALL of the retard posts in this thread, that he deems witty and acceptable, based on his self-presumed knowledge?

That dudes LOVES this place, no matter how much of a bunch of muppets he thinks we are. You can go back and take a look at his plea for acceptance in this thread...if you're looking for a laugh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Oct 9 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #52

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 9 2012, 12:25 PM) *
Have you read ALL of the retard posts in this thread, that he deems witty and acceptable, based on his self-presumed knowledge?

That dudes LOVES this place, no matter how much of a bunch of muppets he thinks we are. You can go back and take a look at his plea for acceptance in this thread...if you're looking for a laugh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I don't bother to read what he has to say anymore. Jumped to the conclusion that hes a shitty poster.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 9 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #53

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 9 2012, 05:05 PM) *
I don't bother to read what he has to say anymore. Jumped to the conclusion that hes a shitty poster.

Well he's gone anyway, so it's all sand in the rearview mirror...or whatever it is that people say when something is a done deal.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 30 2012, 07:30 AM
Post #54

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Am I the only one, that's so over Mayweather and his rebuttal? I mean dude is just out here pissing away money (not that I care much), and Im actually starting to believe Arum, when he says that Floyd only fights when he's broke. Damn, did I just say that I believed Arum?! Maybe I haven't had my coffee yet...allow me to revise this later.

Seriously though, I dont want to get excited about the WW division, JUST so that hecan come back, break it all up, make some money, and hide out again. Dude pisses me off when asked about his next fight. All he can say is, "I wish people the best, and blah, blah, blah".

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 30 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #55

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 30 2012, 08:30 AM) *
Am I the only one, that's so over Mayweather and his rebuttal? I mean dude is just out here pissing away money (not that I care much), and Im actually starting to believe Arum, when he says that Floyd only fights when he's broke. Damn, did I just say that I believed Arum?! Maybe I haven't had my coffee yet...allow me to revise this later.

Seriously though, I dont want to get excited about the WW division, JUST so that hecan come back, break it all up, make some money, and hide out again. Dude pisses me off when asked about his next fight. All he can say is, "I wish people the best, and blah, blah, blah".

Im ok with it personally. He was once in just like Manny and Arum's other star slaves. He was getting the shitty end of the stick and having his pockets raided. He wasn't getting the big fights. He was always the next in line. Fighting guys that were serious threats but not popular enough to make him that worl renown supestar. Whatever secret him and Oscar discovered when they went Indie, for lack of a better term, worked. End of the day, if he committs to one guy, but then another guy emerges as the new flavor of the month, he's missing out on an opportunity to cash out big. Floyd fights the new "It" guy. So when competition reaches it's peak, he's right there to take the win out of their sail. That's why I now think he is licking his chops for Garcia to beat Judah. My guess is Floyd or Ellerbe make an appearance. Then around May 5th, we'll see Garcia swinging for the fences and getting counter punched to the tune of about 5 mill. Floyd will get yet another pay day. Only difference is that I think he will actualy fight Manny this year. I have a gut feeling that something is brewing. I also hav a gut feelin that arum will be none too pleased about it.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Oct 30 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #56

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I'm no boxing newbie. I'd like to see Matninez and Mayweather go at it at 154. Whats not to like about that? Who would you rather see Mayweather fight right now? We're obviously not gonna ever get the Pacquiao fight, so who else would be on the short list? When you look at the field of choices, ask yourself, why not Martinez.

On the other hand, I can think of many reasons that Mayweather may not want to see Martinez. They all have to do with matchup isses that wouldn't favor Mayweather. Martinez may have a reach advantage, so Mayweather wont fight him. The crazy thing is his online surrogates make several excuses for him to justify him not fighting Martinez or whoever. Yeah, I'd love to see that fight. Everyone says this guy is the best, then he should fight the best. Martinez is one of the best. If they both make 154, size is not an issue, its an excuse...

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Oct 30 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #57

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

floyd is the highest paid athlete in pro sports... stop the broke talk. sergio vs mayweather is an interesting match... size??? I thought the less skilled than maywesather Cory Spinks beat a much Jermaine Taylor at 160 when they fought.. size is overrated in the mayeather/martinez equation. Floy'ds skill level neutralizes any size advantage in my view

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Oct 30 2012, 04:33 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 30 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #58

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 30 2012, 02:37 PM) *
Im ok with it personally. He was once in just like Manny and Arum's other star slaves. He was getting the shitty end of the stick and having his pockets raided. He wasn't getting the big fights. He was always the next in line. Fighting guys that were serious threats but not popular enough to make him that worl renown supestar. Whatever secret him and Oscar discovered when they went Indie, for lack of a better term, worked. End of the day, if he committs to one guy, but then another guy emerges as the new flavor of the month, he's missing out on an opportunity to cash out big. Floyd fights the new "It" guy. So when competition reaches it's peak, he's right there to take the win out of their sail. That's why I now think he is licking his chops for Garcia to beat Judah. My guess is Floyd or Ellerbe make an appearance. Then around May 5th, we'll see Garcia swinging for the fences and getting counter punched to the tune of about 5 mill. Floyd will get yet another pay day. Only difference is that I think he will actualy fight Manny this year. I have a gut feeling that something is brewing. I also hav a gut feelin that arum will be none too pleased about it.

I agree about him getting a fighter at their peak, that's his best bet since he isn't a De La Hoya type draw. I mean they do about the same numbers nowadays, but Oscar fought more consistently, and was able to fight just about anybody around that time.

Garica is damn near at this peak, in regards to getting the attention that he deserves. So yes, I could see that possibly happening in the near future. I cant say that Danny's competition (aside from the Khan fight) would land him a Floyd fight, but the manner in which he's been winning, makes him seem like a huge threat.

What do you feel is brewing, in regards to the megafight?

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 30 2012, 05:01 PM) *
I'm no boxing newbie. I'd like to see Matninez and Mayweather go at it at 154. Whats not to like about that? Who would you rather see Mayweather fight right now? We're obviously not gonna ever get the Pacquiao fight, so who else would be on the short list? When you look at the field of choices, ask yourself, why not Martinez.

On the other hand, I can think of many reasons that Mayweather may not want to see Martinez. They all have to do with matchup isses that wouldn't favor Mayweather. Martinez may have a reach advantage, so Mayweather wont fight him. The crazy thing is his online surrogates make several excuses for him to justify him not fighting Martinez or whoever. Yeah, I'd love to see that fight. Everyone says this guy is the best, then he should fight the best. Martinez is one of the best. If they both make 154, size is not an issue, its an excuse...

Well of course you're no boxing newbie Mr. Factor, lol. I wouldn't mind seeing it either, but seriously, I went on that rant because of "fans" who hardly watch the sport, have the nerve to start demanding fights after they've seen 1 or 2 out 30 fights a year. Casual fan are valuable in terms of PPV buys and TV ratings, but they take it a bit too far. '

I guess guys like us, know how the sport works, and most of us are smart enough not to get worked up and excited about some fights that wont happen, due to money. As for that arm length advantage, Floyd has it by 2 inches.

At this point, I cant and wont make excuses as to why he shouldn't fight Sergio. I just stated the facts in regards to business, and how Im almost sure it wont happen. At this point, he just needs to be fighting consistently, regardless of who he fights.

I just dont think that its fair, how he messes things up when another fighter gets he hot. We as fans, sit back patiently, wait for these fights to happen, assess them, and hope to see who blossoms. Then Floyd waits til the iron is hot, then strikes, makes his money, and leave...leaving the division in crumbles. All Im saying is, either fight on a somewhat consistent basis (twice in a calender year), or stay away.

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 30 2012, 05:32 PM) *
floyd is the highest paid athlete in pro sports... stop the broke talk.

I guess we should've "stopped with the broke talk" when Tyson and Holyfield were spending crazy money too, huh?

One of them was spending crazy money, claiming the holy ghost while having several illegitimate children (that he couldn't/can't afford), and made the highest guaranteed purse in boxing history (at that time).

The other was spending crazy money, banging prostitutes, and getting knee-deep in several lawsuits as well as jail time.

Floyd falls somewhere in the middle of these two guys, but we should stop the broke talk, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 30 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #59

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i remember thinking....mike tyson....holyfield....buster douglas...(insert name) would be paid for life with the huge paydays they made during their careers.

all are broke at this point. i was shocked to learn that buster douglas got less than 1million for the 25mil he made to fight holyfield. with all of this in mind....there's no doubt floyd will end up broke just like the rest of them.

floyd has taken a page from ray leonards book with these long lay offs and very selective match making. like ray...i think floyd eventually guesses wrong and runs into his terry norris. i wouldn't be shocked if it was someone like garcia.

as for the pac fight....i'm convinced it's never going to happen...and if it did, i'd be just as excited about that one as i was about lewis/tyson. that was a day late and a dollar short. i'll pass.

fighting martinez would be a serious statement and would be an accomplishment for the ages for floyd. that imo...would surpass roberto duran's victory over iran barkley. that is the sort of win that will etch floyds' name in stone in the history books. i'd give him major props even if he lost. beating martinez would trump leonards victory over hagler. i seriously doubt he does that fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 31 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #60

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

What do you feel is brewing, in regards to the megafight?

Well there are a number of reasons but here are some:
#1 I have a friend that used to hang with Manny before every fight for the last few years. He said while Manny is really taking religious seriously, he also thinks this newfound change in lifestyle is stemming from his frustrations with Bob Arum. He says that Manny thinks his only way to effectively stick it to Bob is to set himself up for retirement and completely disappear into a life of politics. Don't entertain a return. Don't do any press or create any buzz. Just go to the Phillipines and continue his political ventures. My friend is Filipino btw. He says that there were discussions about how promoters pray on foreign fighters from 3rd world countries because they are easy to manipulate because they have nothing. He says that Manny thought for years he was exempt and Bob loved him as a son but he's finally realizing that he's been a puppet. My friend also says that Manny's investment in politics is very real and isn't anything thing done for publicity. He says the state of his people is very depressing to him and he feels people see him as hope. Consequently, he thinks Manny is somewhat embarassed that people are beginning to notice Arum dicking him around. Now this is all opinion. But it's opinion of someone who has been around Manny...although for a few days at a time.

#2 I think Manny once truly believe Floyd was ducking him but now I think he himself thinks realizes this fight had nothing to do with him or Floyd. I think, despite his rhetoric, he realizes that Arum was the main blockade in all of this.

#3 I think both guys want to cash in before either gets beat legitimately. Whether you agreed with the Bradley decision or not, in retrospect, it did take some of the luster off of Manny. What's NOT disputable, unless your working for HBO, is that this what the 3rd fight in which Manny looked ordinary. Furthermore, there was no excuse for him to look how he did vs Bradley. Mosley was old and simply trying to survive to save face for his legacy. Marquez has Manny's number and familiarity with him. He also has more drive to beat Manny than any other fighter. They'll probably have the same result eery time they fight. Bradley however was a game young fighter who just wanted to beat Manny so he could cash out. Sure he fought defensively and I do believe Manny beat him, but Manny had ample opportunity to show the magic everybody raved about but he simply couldnt do it. Why? Because he lacks the boxing IQ and refined boxing principles necessary. He does not know how to cut off a ring properly and his footwork is way overrated. End of the day, fuck the decision. The only conclusion I drew from that fight is that Manny proved their is a huge difference between footspeed and footwork.

#4 I think Floyd knows, while he's getting older and may not have much time left in the sport, Manny is aging even faster than he is. I think Floyd wants to be the one to MAKE Manny old in the ring just liek he did Shane. The one major "blemish" in the eyes of the casual fan on Floyd's legacy is him not fighting Manny. It won't be erased if the fight ends up looking like Hopkins vs Jones 2...where one guy is CLEARLY past him prime and the other still has something to offer to the sport.

As for Floyd's money....None of us really know. But I will say, the uncommon denominator between the 3 mentioned and Floyd is that they had promoters and a lot of middle men!

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 31 2012, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:44 PM