IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Williams vs. Ishida-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, Update: No Immediate Rematch Says IBF (Cloud-Campillo Fight)
bnoles4life
post Feb 19 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #51

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2012, 01:50 AM) *
Cloud cant afford to look bad against anybody else, but the problem is, he'll have waaaay more challenges after this, because he was exposed in a few ways. At one point, I was almost sure he was gonna get stopped, but thank God Campillo didn't have much power.

Does anybody else agree that Cloud looks like the daddy from Good Times, or am I the only one? He better steam roll his next challenge, which NEEDS to be top opposition, to make us forget about tonight.

As far as Williams/Ishida...P. Willy's got some heavy lifting to do before he spews out the names of Canelo, JCC Jr, etc.

Cloud's biggest problem is he's promoted by Don King.

I disagree, the better Paul Williams looks, the more he decreases his chances of getting in the ring w/ "The Luck of the Irish" and JCC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #52

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 19 2012, 09:20 PM) *
Cloud's biggest problem is he's promoted by Don King.

I disagree, the better Paul Williams looks, the more he decreases his chances of getting in the ring w/ "The Luck of the Irish" and JCC

I agree, Cloud's biggest problem is his promoter, but let's all agree that DK Promotions has it's benefits...according to that "head scratching" split decision last Saturday.

As far as Paul Williams...do you believe he looked better in his last fight? He had "vulnerable" and "hard-headed" written all over him, and I believe The Mexican Rockstar and the Notre Dame mascot will retire him. IF, he makes a great fight or gets past one of them, then yes, he deserves the other...which makes for pretty good paydays.

I believe he should've sent Ishida to the moon on Saturday, but we didn't get that. Either he was working on his fight game, or he just really couldn't get Ishida out of there. How do you think a Kirkland/Williams fight would play out?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 20 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #53

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I supposedly found the Texas Commissions Master Scoresheet On-line. The visual impact of the two judges who gave this fight to Cloud, especially judge Dave Robertson's 116-110 Cloud card, may be one of the worst scores of all time. Personally, I think David's card is up there with Jean Williams giving Holyfield the first Lewis fight.

Cloud vs. Campillo Master Scoresheet:http://i.imgur.com/mfk5d.jpg

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #54

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Yeah I agree, that scorecard was the shittiest. He gave Cloud the 2nd and 4th round. Really? Campillo was getting in Cloud's ass in the 2nd round, and the 4th round was nearly the same.

He gave Cloud 8 rounds...WTF? I gave him 5 rounds, 6 possibly. Honestly, out of all those rounds I gave him, two of those were based on effort, or you can call them comparative rounds. So yes, those were the rounds that he got his ass kicked the least in.

8 rounds in Cloud's favor is a travesty to say the least...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 20 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #55

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2012, 10:09 PM) *
Yeah I agree, that scorecard was the shittiest. He gave Cloud the 2nd and 4th round. Really? Campillo was getting in Cloud's ass in the 2nd round, and the 4th round was nearly the same.

He gave Cloud 8 rounds...WTF? I gave him 5 rounds, 6 possibly. Honestly, out of all those rounds I gave him, two of those were based on effort, or you can call them comparative rounds. So yes, those were the rounds that he got his ass kicked the least in.

8 rounds in Cloud's favor is a travesty to say the least...

My scoring breakdown:

I gave Cloud round 1 of course with the two big knockdowns.

Both did good in round 4. However, outside of the big first round for Cloud, rounds 4 and 6 may be his only good rounds of the fight for him.

I gave him round 4, but that round could have gone either way. I thought close rounds will go to the champion and this was a close round.

Round 6 was close, but I gave that to Campillo

Round 12 was close, but only because Campillo stepped off the gas obviously thinking he had the fight in the bag. Gave that round to Cloud. (Barely.)

The only rounds anybody could give Cloud in my view would be 1, 4, maybe 6, and maybe 12.

Cloud's little stumble in the 11th does not justify him winning the round.

Campillo EASILY won 8 of the 12 rounds. And the only reason for sort of close scoring, would be Campillo's 10-7 first round deficient, which he overcame beautifully.

With the strong exception of the first round, the only other rounds Cloud won, he BARELY won. And for the rounds that Campillo won, he dominated those rounds, but still lost the split decision.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 22 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #56

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 20 2012, 11:43 PM) *
My scoring breakdown:

I gave Cloud round 1 of course with the two big knockdowns.

Both did good in round 4. However, outside of the big first round for Cloud, rounds 4 and 6 may be his only good rounds of the fight for him.

I gave him round 4, but that round could have gone either way. I thought close rounds will go to the champion and this was a close round.

Round 6 was close, but I gave that to Campillo

Round 12 was close, but only because Campillo stepped off the gas obviously thinking he had the fight in the bag. Gave that round to Cloud. (Barely.)

The only rounds anybody could give Cloud in my view would be 1, 4, maybe 6, and maybe 12.

Cloud's little stumble in the 11th does not justify him winning the round.

Campillo EASILY won 8 of the 12 rounds. And the only reason for sort of close scoring, would be Campillo's 10-7 first round deficient, which he overcame beautifully.

With the strong exception of the first round, the only other rounds Cloud won, he BARELY won. And for the rounds that Campillo won, he dominated those rounds, but still lost the split decision.

Jack

I agree Jack. Maybe I should have said 3 rounds and 1 possible, but again, two of those rounds would've been comparative rounds or even close rounds. The word "barely" as you used, pretty much summed up those rounds that he won.

Not having an answer for a taller guy with a longer reach and decent movement, is nothing short of a nightmare. The two knockdowns in the first round, his spirited (but ineffective) effort throughout the fight, along with Don King backing him, made for an interesting evening.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 22 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #57

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I'm increasingly unimpressed by Cloud. I even had his fight with Johnson a draw. He's a big puncher who swings for the fences when he gets in trouble. Very little skill. I actually wanted him to win for the sake of seeing big fights in the future within that division. That said, I don't want it that bad to where some guy gets screwed over. I didn't know much about Campillo before the fight but I really feel bad for the guy. He was incredibly resiliant. Not only did he get back up from the knockdowns, he came back and whooped up on Cloud.I was even more impressed because he didn't do it with just heart and desire. He mounted his comeback with poise and skill. Reminded me of Marquez. Cloud won MAYBE 4 rounds tops...and that's being generous.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 23 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #58

The Consultant

Here is more information on the Cloud-Campillo protest and process from Ring TV:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171627-...s-cloud-verdict

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 10 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #59

The Consultant

The IBF has ruled no immediate rematch. They understand the decision was not a popular one, but say they have no proof of wrongdoing. Texas Commission also has requested more information regarding the suspention of the two judges who voted for cloud.

From ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/76498...h-tavoris-cloud

I wonder how do you prove wrongdoing anyway? Even though David Robertson's 116-110 Cloud scorecard was one of the top five worst I have ever seen. Many may have it top 10, but it seems to be in that range.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 10 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #60

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

No immediate rematch for Campillo? Go figure...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:23 PM