IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hopkins vs Dawson revisited, Hopkins is still great defensively-- Cloud will have hands full
neophyte7
post Mar 1 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I watched this fight.. Hopkins was not pleased with the decision and afterwards asked... What did he (Chad) do?

At 47 Hopkins again was great... I have never seen a fighter his age with the reflexes he shows on defense. Chad landed some shots... But Hopkins slipped and evaded most. HOPKINS WAS CHAMP AND I DON'T THINK CHAD DID ENOUGH TO TAKE THE BELT FROM THE UNDER-APPRECIATED (TOP 50 GREATEST OF ALL TIMES IN MY BOOK) LEGENDARY CHAMPION. I feel that Hopkins will put on another great performance against Cloud at 48. He will do so because he is still great defensively. And another thing.. Hopkins has continually shot holes in that getting old overnight THEORY. Hopkins may be the GREATEST DEFENSIVE FIGHTER EVER.... considering that age at which he makes opponents miss...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 1 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

I thought Chad won the 2nd fight easy. Hopkins was even headbutting like a bitch.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 1 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 1 2013, 01:36 PM) *
I thought Chad won the 2nd fight easy. Hopkins was even headbutting like a bitch.

LOL

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 1 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I lost respect for Hopkins in the 2nd Dawson fight. I felt like he went the KG route. His dirty tactics went from veteran savvy to his main method of attack. That said, I've been saying all along that I think he will beat Cloud. I've never been impressed with Cloud. I've never saw the hype materialize and he's already had 2 fights in which I thought the other guy got completely robbed. Fuck him lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

the bully got bullied. he didn't want that fight because he knew chad would beat him. that's why he faked injury in the first one.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 1 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2013, 07:33 PM) *
the bully got bullied. he didn't want that fight because he knew chad would beat him. that's why he faked injury in the first one.

I don't know being picked up and dropped, this ain't MMA.

But I still think he lost the second. Styles make fights and this was just bad for his age.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 1 2013, 05:54 PM) *
I don't know being picked up and dropped, this ain't MMA.

But I still think he lost the second. Styles make fights and this was just bad for his age.

let's not act like bhop wasn't throwing that predictable right so that he could get chad to dip then lean on him. the ref should have warned him about that but didn't.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 1 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2013, 09:56 PM) *
let's not act like bhop wasn't throwing that predictable right so that he could get chad to dip then lean on him. the ref should have warned him about that but didn't.

Is it Hopkins fault that Chad can't defend properly? I swear that shit when drop there heads and put it in the other fights chest/body is mainly because there head movement sucks.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 1 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 1 2013, 01:01 PM) *
I watched this fight.. Hopkins was not pleased with the decision and afterwards asked... What did he (Chad) do?

At 47 Hopkins again was great... I have never seen a fighter his age with the reflexes he shows on defense. Chad landed some shots... But Hopkins slipped and evaded most. HOPKINS WAS CHAMP AND I DON'T THINK CHAD DID ENOUGH TO TAKE THE BELT FROM THE UNDER-APPRECIATED (TOP 50 GREATEST OF ALL TIMES IN MY BOOK) LEGENDARY CHAMPION. I feel that Hopkins will put on another great performance against Cloud at 48. He will do so because he is still great defensively. And another thing.. Hopkins has continually shot holes in that getting old overnight THEORY. Hopkins may be the GREATEST DEFENSIVE FIGHTER EVER.... considering that age at which he makes opponents miss...

I hate that thinking. It implies the challenger has to do more than the champ for victory. I mean, doesn't the champ bear the responsibility to defend that belt by beating the challenger convincingly? Personally, I thought Chad won the 2nd fight, not b/c I pretty much loathe B Hop, but b/c Chad did more....a LOT more than the (ahem) "champ".

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 1 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

nvm

This post has been edited by mgrover: Mar 1 2013, 05:16 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:38 PM