IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #231

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

“From a personal standpoint, I’m disappointed, but you gotta take your hat off to Rigondeaux. He did what he had to do,” Ward said. “These things happen in boxing, especially when you have a guy like Nonito, who’s fighting the best, fight in and fight out.

“He’s not getting soft touches. There’s no machine pushing him and trying to make him into a star. He’s making himself a star by fighting the best, and when you fight the best, these kind of things happen. Nonito didn’t get beat up tonight. He fought a competitive fight. It just didn’t go his way.”

Ward, who grew up with Donaire in the Bay Area as they cultivated their early careers on the local amateur circuit, also commented on whether or not he scored the fight from his seat.

“Well, first, I’m biased, and second, I didn’t score it because it’s hard to score it when I’m watching the fight as a fan,” Ward said. “I’m just kind of into the action. I don’t really know what the scorecards should have been, but at the moment, you gotta tip your hat to Rigo.”
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

Quote from Andre Ward. I wonder if Ward knows that people considered his style as boring as well, and he fights more like Rigondeaux then he does Donaire? I mean there is one thing to be a guy's friend and there is another thing to be a complete ass for not seeing this fight as is. I am starting to question Andre.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #232

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

If Ward feels/responds this way about Donaire getting edged, starched, molly-whopped, embarrassed, knocked around, outpointed, outgunned, "beat to the punch", sideswiped, schooled, "sonned" owned, butt-owned, bitch-slapped, slighted, tore out tha frame, fixed, thumped, worked, "got that work", "dealt with", smashed, tossed, bashed, "deebo'd", punked, massacred, whatever...

then imagine how he's gonna feel after Mayweather/Guerrero.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: Disclaimer: This doesn't mean that Floyd is gonna run through Robert, but if Floyd is victorious, then we'll hear the same story.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 14 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #233

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm in complete awe at what ward said. And what fat Dan said, and even more in awe that lampley scolded him on air last night during the fight for his tweet about the fight being very close.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 14 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #234

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 14 2013, 11:13 PM) *
I'm in complete awe at what ward said. And what fat Dan said, and even more in awe that lampley scolded him on air last night during the fight for his tweet about the fight being very close.

I think boards like this have Lampley's ear and i think he was pretty good the other nite in his commentary. When he hears it from guys like Rafael, he's gonna cut loose a little because he and the HBO crew were pretty close to spot on the other nite. of course the cynic in me thinks that maybe the fact that there was really nothing good to say about Donaire may have fueled the HBO team to call it right.

In the Pacqiao/Bradley fight I kept hearing "a left lands for Pacquiao!!" In reality it didnt land and Bradley threw 2 pillows that did. In this past saturdays fight Donaire either wasnt throwing or was missing so bad that it was obvious. Lamps just couldnt say "a left lands for Donaire!!" No matter how much he wanted to. He didnt want to insult our intelligence like that.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 15 2013, 12:22 AM
Post #235

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think boards like this have Lampley's ear and i think he was pretty good the other nite in his commentary. When he hears it from guys like Rafael, he's gonna cut loose a little because he and the HBO crew were pretty close to spot on the other nite. of course the cynic in me thinks that maybe the fact that there was really nothing good to say about Donaire may have fueled the HBO team to call it right.

In the Pacqiao/Bradley fight I kept hearing "a left lands for Pacquiao!!" In reality it didnt land and Bradley threw 2 pillows that did. In this past saturdays fight Donaire either wasnt throwing or was missing so bad that it was obvious. Lamps just couldnt say "a left lands for Donaire!!" No matter how much he wanted to. He didnt want to insult our intelligence like that.

Hey,

If Jim and the crew are coming here and taking our constructive criticism of their usually biased announcing for the HBO guy to heart, GREAT! It can help them improve. It made Fat Dan and the Top Rank guys who had the fight close, look retarded. Kudos to HBO for calling it right! I am not sold that this objectivity is them turning over a new leaf and trying to be like Showtime..........yet. I think the fight being so one-sided, despite what Fat Dan and Top Rank had as a close fight (NOT!) HBO at least took a good step last night in objectivity!

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 15 2013, 03:04 AM
Post #236

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I don't get why he was so intent on loading up that left hook, he clearly could of stuck his jab in there and given Rigo something to think about

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 15 2013, 05:10 AM
Post #237

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

Dan Rafael is a fat fuck whose position at ESPN was granted by similarly idiotic fucks who wouldn't know a right hook if they got blasted in the jaw with one.

With that said.

I'm very proud of our community here at Fighthype, because from what I can tell, people looked at this fight objectively and knew much better than to blindly call for a KO by Donaire.

I thought Rigo just straight up boxed beautifully. I can't get over how incredibly well-coordinated he is. It's like his entire body is working in perfect harmony as he defends, moves or throws punches.

Nonito had a few moments in there as far as landing a few shots here and there, but I think the most generous scorecard anyone with half a brain could have given him is 117-110.

I hope that Rigo keeps on kicking asses and taking names, because that guy is a joy to watch.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 15 2013, 05:35 AM
Post #238

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Hmm. I think there's too many people who weren't and aren't being realistic about this fight, here, there, and pretty much everywhere.

Btw, what ever nonsense Arum is speaking now is probably just fake/marketing. In a interview previous before the fight was made he stated he had three fighters that he knows will beat Donaire, Rigondeaux being one of them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #239

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Yo T, just keep checkin' in, you're due for some big laughs and some round-by-round action! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

So Jovi's predicting a body shot win for Rigo?! That's something else that I'll keep my eye on during the fight. I wonder if Professor's gonna be joining us tonight. Hmmm...

Anyhow, guys, if this goes to the cards, don't expect Rigondeaux to win. A robbery is necessary, when it comes to Arum. Let's just think about his pockets and see what's makes more sense...allowing a relatively unknown and dangerous guy with 12 fights, beat your big ticket fighter, or allow your big ticket fighter to "win", kick some more ass, and keep the rematch in the holster for later?

Think about it guys, Arum doesn't have a hand full of big fights left, but I guarantee, he'll play the hell outta the hand that he does have. If this fight has some exciting and shocking rounds, but goes to the cards, then best believe, Arum will be sure of rematch...on HIS terms.

Anybody other than Jack, believes that Donaire will touch the canvas tonight? I dont fully agree, but anything can happen, and that will give me yet another thing to look for in the fight.

i still haven't seen the fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) i had to work an amateur show so i missed it. i started to watch a youtube link...but i only saw 4 rounds.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #240

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 13 2013, 10:25 PM) *
This Radio City set up looks weird. What's with that HUGE gap between the crowd and the ring? And is it me or did the pre-fight stuff happen really quick? It's like the shit just came on and they were in the ring lol

they're on a stage. similar to the nokia set up for the golden boy shows.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:22 PM