> Just watched Shutter Island
Snoop
post Aug 2 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #11

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 3 2010, 12:03 AM) *
I thought Avatar was amazing, great story and visuals. Damn haters, lol.

(IMG:http://www.thefunnyblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/avatar_pocahontas.jpg)

This post has been edited by Snoop: Aug 2 2010, 07:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Aug 2 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

$749,748,303 domestic!!!

$1,981,259,068 worldwide!!!

Numbers don't lie. The number one, undisputed, undefeated, P4P movie of all time. Hahahahahaha.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 2 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #13

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 3 2010, 12:15 AM) *
I watched Avatar on blue ray. The shooting of the movie was amazing. But the story was nothing special nor original.

Pretty much.

Groundbreaking special effects + recycled storyline = average movie.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Aug 5 2010, 08:40 AM
Post #14

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

Considered seeing Avatar in the theaters but never did. Now the chances of me seeing it on DVD are roughly on par with Bluto Blutarsky's GPA.

Walked out of Shutter Island. At some point it was like who gives a shit. Hate movies that just get lost in their own bullshit. As far as I could tell though, he was an ex-inmate who was struggling with the guilt over not killing his crazy wife before she killed their kids. He was off his meds or something and had been lured back to the island to get further treatment by his partner (Mark Ruffalo), who was either really a doctor or some old friend who had died long ago.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

Inglourious Basterds was THE SHIT. Favorite Tarantino movie ever (other than maybe True Romance but he only wrote that). That shoot-out in the bar where the guy figures out his accent is inauthentic was fantastic. Brad Pitt speaking Italian and fucking Hitler wearing a cape were hilarious.

Anyone see A Prophet? I've got that now from Netflix. Hear it's great, but it's nearly 3 hours. Hard to watch a flick that long in one sitting anymore.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Aug 5 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Saw Inception with the wife last night, we both thought it was excellent. Watched Kick Ass the night before on BD, that movie was awesome!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 5 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #16

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Im one of the few that thought Avatar was only 5/10 or 6/10. I watched it in a 3D theatre, groundbreaker graphics...but thought it was average.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 5 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #17

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Aug 5 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Inglourious Basterds was THE SHIT. Favorite Tarantino movie ever (other than maybe True Romance but he only wrote that). That shoot-out in the bar where the guy figures out his accent is inauthentic was fantastic. Brad Pitt speaking Italian and fucking Hitler wearing a cape were hilarious.

Didn't Tarantino do Pulp Fiction? It's hard for me to imagine a movie better than that one, but then again, I've never seeen Inglourious Bastards.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Aug 5 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #18

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 5 2010, 12:56 PM) *
Didn't Tarantino do Pulp Fiction? It's hard for me to imagine a movie better than that one, but then again, I've never seeen Inglourious Bastards.

Yeah, he did. I love Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir Dogs, and both Kill Bills (especially part 1 with Gogo Yabari), but to me, Basters was the best of them all.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Aug 6 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Aug 5 2010, 05:02 PM) *
Yeah, he did. I love Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir Dogs, and both Kill Bills (especially part 1 with Gogo Yabari), but to me, Basters was the best of them all.

Man...I'm a huge QT fan....but IMHO IB was the worst of all of his films. NOW....that's not to say I think it is a terible movie....I mean with QT...his worst is still miles ahead of anything else out there.

For me it was awful due to the fact that this was the first time QT had ever handled actual historical figures and situations....all of his prior films were fiction. I just cannot watch a film that twists history to the degree he did....I found it lame.

With most of QT's work...he makes you actually almost like his villians....Marcelis Wallice/Vincent & Jules, Ordell Robbie, Bill. IMHO...the Nazi's were just too easy a target for his type of villian...too easy to hate.

There was no satisfaction with the way they handled the most hated Nazi....they carved in his forehead...big deal....he still lived. I expect more from that situation.

AND....the end was so over the top it was laughable...which I admit may have been what he was going for....but none the less....we all know it is nowhere near what actually happened and that really irratated me.

I will say it did have classic QT dialouge and excellent scenes....I just think it's his weakest film. It's the only QT film I do not own.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 12:05 AM