Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC 117, News and results
Warlord
post Aug 7 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Silva pulls a win out of his ass and then bows down before Sonnen, rightly so. He got his ass owned tonight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 8 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #32

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Not the biggest Silva fan but he deserves credit. He took the ass whooping and was hitting Sonnen with elbows while he was down and by round 4 Sonnen was cut and tired and got hurt in the beginning of that round...Anderson faced adversity and found a way to win. I'd love to see a rematch..Sonned should get one. He was ahead 4-0...

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Aug 8 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #33

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

How can anyone not give Silva props for overcoming adversity to win. I thought that's what defines champions???? I was hoping he decapitated Sonnen for all of the disrespect and racists crap he said. However Sonnen came through and gave Silva the toughest fight in his UFC career.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 8 2010, 02:47 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 7 2010, 11:52 PM) *
Silva pulls a win out of his ass and then bows down before Sonnen, rightly so. He got his ass owned tonight.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I knew you were gonna be sh*ting bricks about this one War.

I was at the fights live tonight and all i gotta say was Anderson f*cking solidified his statues as the GOAT.

He was getting dry humped for 4 and a half rds by an olympic level wrestler and doesn't try any sub attemps until the 5th and final rd and when he does he makes the little bitch Sonnen scream and tap like the cunt that he is.

Hail to Anderson Silva the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 8 2010, 03:16 AM
Post #35

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 8 2010, 02:47 AM) *
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I knew you were gonna be sh*ting bricks about this one War.

Hahaha, yeah. I was a little gutted to see Sonnen tap out so quickly. After all the shit he talked, he should've gotten himself broken before tapping out. I would. No matter what, if he finishes the 5th round, he wins that fight.

I was at the fights live tonight and all i gotta say was Anderson f*cking solidified his statues as the GOAT.

He did? By getting his ass handed to him for 5 rounds by a wrestler with losses up in the double digits? I don't know, man. To see a man get dominated like that by someone like Chael Sonnen doesn't really reek of GOAT to me.

He was getting dry humped for 4 and a half rds by an olympic level wrestler and doesn't try any sub attemps until the 5th and final rd and when he does he makes the little bitch Sonnen scream and tap like the cunt that he is.

1.) Sonnen was hardly dry-humping, man. He was putting on a fucking clinic. He rocked Anderson on his feet more than once. He was WORKING him on the ground. Silva was a hair's breadth away several times from having the ref step in and save his ass. Sonnen slamming the back of his head into the canvas was just brutal.

2.) Anderson got worked. If you want to give him full credit for the victory, you have to give Sonnen full credit for the ass-whipping he was laying on Anderson. To act like Silva was somehow in control, at any point in that fight, is just sheer ridiculous. He wasn't in control. And he was in danger.

The only time he had control in that fight is when he finally managed to slap a triangle on a guy whose been submitted more times than a Chinaman visiting a dominatrix.

Hail to Anderson Silva the greatest UFC middleweight of all time.

Fixed.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 8 2010, 03:44 AM
Post #36

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

He got dominated first rounds big but he busted up Sonnen in rounds 4 and 5...just look at how many cuts Sonnen had he was a mess. Even though he lost round 4 he knocked him down and cut him with elbows.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 8 2010, 04:01 AM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 8 2010, 03:44 AM) *
He got dominated first rounds big but he busted up Sonnen in rounds 4 and 5...just look at how many cuts Sonnen had he was a mess. Even though he lost round 4 he knocked him down and cut him with elbows.

How many times you seen Sonnen fight? He bleeds just walking to the ring. The man has tissue-paper skin. He'd walk out of a fight with an 80 year old lady sporting a shiner.

Fedor's the same way. Some people just bleed.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 8 2010, 05:31 AM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

This fight reminded me of an MMA version of Chavez/Taylor 1.

Sonnen like Taylor was winning the rds on points but Silva like Chavez was doing the damage then boom in the last rds he pulls of the W. This was an epic finish and War even though your not an AS fan you gotta give the guy his props for pulling of arguably the greatest comeback in the history of the sport. I do give Sonne credit for what he did im just not a big fan of the hold you down and throw pitty pat punches so the ref won't stand em up.

As as for him being the GOAT well to me he's no doubt the best ever. It sure in hell can't be Fedor who got subbed within a minute to a guy like Werdum.

Just like in boxing the great ones can fight trough adversity and win. Silva showed that tonight and IMO cemented him statues as the Sugar Ray Robinson of MMA.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Aug 8 2010, 05:33 AM

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 8 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #39

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 8 2010, 05:31 AM) *
This fight reminded me of an MMA version of Chavez/Taylor 1.

Sonnen like Taylor was winning the rds on points but Silva like Chavez was doing the damage then boom in the last rds he pulls of the W.

Dude. Seriously. Silva wasn't doing shit. He was down BIG on the scorecards. Sonnen controlled every minute of every round. Let's please not turn this into another Machida/Rua I, where Machida fans were trying to get all revisionist on cats, thinking they could fool anyone for even a millisecond.

This was an epic finish and War even though your not an AS fan you gotta give the guy his props for pulling of arguably the greatest comeback in the history of the sport.

It was a huge comeback, no doubt. But again, seriously, look who it was against. Sonnen has 11 losses! 7 By submission! 3 of those by triangle choke! I mean, shit, for 4 rounds this is what your so-called P4P GOAT was doing. Getting his ass beat pillar to post like no other GOAT ever has, by a guy who, honestly, has no business doing something like that to a so-called great fighter.

I do give Sonnen credit for what he did im just not a big fan of the hold you down and throw pitty pat punches so the ref won't stand em up.

Watch the fight again. A lot of those punches HURT. Silva was rocked on the feet, and he was eating heavy shots on the ground. There is a huge difference between ground-and-pound and lay-and-pray. Sonnen was definitely putting the work in.

As as for him being the GOAT well to me he's no doubt the best ever. It sure in hell can't be Fedor who got subbed within a minute to a guy like Werdum.

Fedor's comp record is far and away superior to Silva's. And Fedor never got dominated for 4 and a half rounds the way Silva did either. Fedor has a fluke loss on his record. Silva has a fluke win. Tell me which is worse.

Just like in boxing the great ones can fight trough adversity and win. Silva showed that tonight and IMO cemented him statues as the Sugar Ray Robinson of MMA.

Man, seriously dude, I like you. You're usually spot on with your shit. But that was just ridiculous. Silva couldn't carry Sugar Ray's jock-strap. Silva ain't even the best fighter today, much less all time. And he damn sure ain't worthy of the comparison you just made.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Aug 8 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #40

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

Firstly i couldnt help but lol when silva was called the GOAT, lmao.

Silva caught sonnen in a triangle choke, weakness sonnen has in his game. Sonnen was scouted and finally caught in a move he has lost to numberous times before. go to youtube and look up his lowlights. Almost all of his losses have came at the hands of a triangle choke. Nothing new here, again he left himself vulnerable, and silva put it on.

As for Silva, until he fights some other fighters that are considered great fighters we dont know if he is great or just very good. Hopefully the fight comes off with GSP, and of course a rematch with sonnen. Then perhaps a fight with shogun.

If he runs that gauntlet and comes out the winner, the your argument as the GOAT has some merit. Right now though he hasnt done enough to even be close.

He is still behind BJ Penn, fedor and Randy Couture on that list

This post has been edited by Run and Gun Game Calls: Aug 8 2010, 01:35 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 06:09 AM