IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Donaire vs Rigondeaux (Preview Thread-No Spoilers)
Genius
post Apr 9 2013, 02:07 AM
Post #31

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,359

Donaire beats him. I think you may see Rigo "winning the boxing match" but not clearly, thus Donaire walks away with a close decision victory. Rigo gotta let those hands go and be in control of the fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 9 2013, 09:20 AM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mikE11 @ Apr 8 2013, 07:50 PM) *
My favorite, and perhaps the best, matchup since Calzaghe vs Kessler.

I want Rigondeaux to win and believe he has a good chance, but I can see why Donaire is the -285 favorite.

High risk/low reward for Donaire. He wins too easily and Rigondeaux is looked at as an overrated, hyped am.
He loses, and the p4p glory he's maintained for a few years is erased.

Otoh, Rigondeaux gains with anything other than a blowout loss.

Couldn't agree more.

Rigondeaux doesn't throw much, but when he does, shit happens. Most of Donaire's opponents don't throw many punches, so that makes this fight that much more interesting. IF Rigo can be first, then this should be good.

If he waits too long (because he is a patient fighter), and allows Donaire's confidence and lack of respect prevail, then we'll see most are predicting...a TKO win for Donaire.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 9 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #33

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Rigondeaux's punch output depends more on his opponent. He truly is a counter puncher, he attacks when he sees openings. And Nonaire has had a lot of his openings exposed and will be even more with Rigondeaux's intelligence. Nonaire may go in to trying to be tactical in the beginning or alil shook, and that is where he will he outboxed, out thought and broken down. He can only win using his crazy power to overwhelm Rigondeaux, but Rigondeaux adjusts better than Nonito too. Narvaez showed what happens when Nonito is up against a defensive fighter, he can't break through a solid guard.

Looking familiar to Leonard/Hearns. Gold Medalist vs Tall Lanky slick Super Puncher..

If Nonito loses my cousin loses all hope. He is Filipino and Pac Fan/Mayweather Hater...The only people imma hear him talking about after this fight are Canelo and Sergio...Until Canelo vs Trout and Martinez vs GGG

This post has been edited by Jovi: Apr 9 2013, 11:25 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 9 2013, 11:23 AM) *
Rigondeaux's punch output depends more on his opponent. He truly is a counter puncher, he attacks when he sees openings. And Nonaire has had a lot of his openings exposed and will be even more with Rigondeaux's intelligence. Nonaire may go in to trying to be tactical in the beginning or alil shook, and that is where he will he outboxed, out thought and broken down. He can only win using his crazy power to overwhelm Rigondeaux, but Rigondeaux adjusts better than Nonito too. Narvaez showed what happens when Nonito is up against a defensive fighter, he can't break through a solid guard.

Looking familiar to Leonard/Hearns. Gold Medalist vs Tall Lanky slick Super Puncher..

If Nonito loses my cousin loses all hope. He is Filipino and Pac Fan/Mayweather Hater...The only people imma hear him talking about after this fight are Canelo and Sergio...Until Canelo vs Trout and Martinez vs GGG

great analysis.

i'm sure it's not just your cousin. many filipinos should be on suicide watch if nonito loses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 9 2013, 06:41 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

ok. i'm getting the feeling that the excuses have already started with this video. let me know what you guys think.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 9 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 01:01 AM) *

ok. i'm getting the feeling that the excuses have already started with this video. let me know what you guys think.

I don't know just seems like he doesn't want any complications at this stage. On another note whys he fighting a bigger dude that doesn't look slick at all?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 9 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #37

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2013, 06:20 AM) *
Couldn't agree more.

Rigondeaux doesn't throw much, but when he does, shit happens. Most of Donaire's opponents don't throw many punches, so that makes this fight that much more interesting. IF Rigo can be first, then this should be good.

If he waits too long (because he is a patient fighter), and allows Donaire's confidence and lack of respect prevail, then we'll see most are predicting...a TKO win for Donaire.

So do you think Rigondeaux's speed will give Donaire issues? I really do like this matchup. I honestly think that he will give Donaire serious fits. He is in his prime, young, not shopped worn and he has a punch that makes you say damn! Donaire's competition has been less than stellar, so we will see how deep and far he can swim because I am thinking that Rigondeaux will take him to those waters. If Rig is blinded by the moment and the lights (Wichita St) they he will lose, but he acts like he is suppose to be there then I think his defense and his offense will take him to where he is trying to go.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 9 2013, 07:20 PM) *
I don't know just seems like he doesn't want any complications at this stage. On another note whys he fighting a bigger dude that doesn't look slick at all?

very good point. maybe that's all the sparring they had available?

another question: where's robert garcia and castanza(conte)?

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 9 2013, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 9 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 9 2013, 08:38 PM) *
So do you think Rigondeaux's speed will give Donaire issues? I really do like this matchup. I honestly think that he will give Donaire serious fits. He is in his prime, young, not shopped worn and he has a punch that makes you say damn! Donaire's competition has been less than stellar, so we will see how deep and far he can swim because I am thinking that Rigondeaux will take him to those waters. If Rig is blinded by the moment and the lights (Wichita St) they he will lose, but he acts like he is suppose to be there then I think his defense and his offense will take him to where he is trying to go.

It's hard for me to even say that Rigondeaux has speed. I've found it hard to see him throw more than two punches at a time, and we cant even bring up foot speed, because he hardly moves around like normal fighters. Lol

Rigondeaux's just a cool dude...its hard to tell what his next move is, or whether he's hurt or not. Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2013, 08:22 PM) *
It's hard for me to even say that Rigondeaux has speed. I've found it hard to see him throw more than two punches at a time, and we cant even bring up foot speed, because he hardly moves around like normal fighters. Lol

Rigondeaux's just a cool dude...its hard to tell what his next move is, or whether he's hurt or not. Lol

he's fast as shit! but very precise. laser like precision to be exact! that looping left he throws to the live never seems to miss. watching his highlight video...u almost have to slow shit down to catch it.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 9 2013, 08:27 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:19 AM