IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berto Should Retire Now, Do you agree??
BrutUalBK
post Jul 28 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Andre Berto, is soon becoming the new Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy of the WWs and IMHO should hang it up before he gets seriously damaged; the kid has taken massive punishment in his last few fights, he swells easily and has had two major injuries to his shoulder within a year or so. I can't see that Virgil Hill has made him any better in any way, he looked like the same Berto to me and infact in many ways he looked worse.

What are your opinions of this once somewhat decent fighter beating guys he was supposed to beat but has so many holes in his game and chinks in his armor??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 28 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

He can be a good journeyman? Lol. For his own safety I would retire

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 28 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 28 2013, 05:17 PM) *
He can be a good journeyman? Lol. For his own safety I would retire

Did you see any improvements Hill made in him?

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 28 2013, 07:08 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 28 2013, 05:01 PM) *
Andre Berto, is soon becoming the new Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy of the WWs and IMHO should hang it up before he gets seriously damaged; the kid has taken massive punishment in his last few fights, he swells easily and has had two major injuries to his shoulder within a year or so. I can't see that Virgil Hill has made him any better in any way, he looked like the same Berto to me and infact in many ways he looked worse.

What are your opinions of this once somewhat decent fighter beating guys he was supposed to beat but has so many holes in his game and chinks in his armor??

I'm assuming you meant Virgil Hunter. Virgil Hill is a former Light Heavyweight & Cruiserweight World Champion that was just recently inducted into the Boxing Hall Of Fame.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 28 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Virgil Hunter lol....and they had 1 training camp together, I don't know who drastic improvements were expected to be seen from him but Virgil gave him good instructions in the corner, I don't know what you were looking at but Berto just didn't heed his advice or maybe he couldn't because of the shoulder. Say what you will but the shoulder injury played a factor in the outcome of the bout.

I think ad it stands now he's like a gatekeeper of the division, I believe he could build his way back up but he and his team have to do it slowly, I feel like he's getting thrown to the wolves. He needs a few confidence building fights. And Hunter had to retool him the same way he's doing Khan, they have to unlearn the bull from their previous trainers. He might be done in some ways but he could still have some success in his career

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 28 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

And IMO he didn't look worse, he had man injury, and he still hung tough and was winning some rounds with one good arm, he has character I'll give him that much

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 28 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 28 2013, 05:27 PM) *
Did you see any improvements Hill made in him?

In the first couple of rounds yes, his defence was actually decent. But once he gets touched he resorts back to slugging which is how he probably threw his shoulder out again. He has always been this way, he was known to have slugfests throughout his amateur career. I think its too late to change his instincts

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jul 28 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Retire lol. Whats he going to do work at Wal Mart? The man has to earn a living. If I were him I would be thinking if it wasnt for the shoulder I would of won.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jul 28 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jul 28 2013, 10:29 PM) *
Retire lol. Whats he going to do work at Wal Mart? The man has to earn a living. If I were him I would be thinking if it wasnt for the shoulder I would of won.

This!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 28 2013, 11:10 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

No question about it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:31 PM