IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Rios vs. Antillon: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
The CEO
post Jul 9 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #31

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

The audacity of Arum to say that at this point in time...he's gotta be the biggest asshole in Boxing today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 9 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #32

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

at first i though Marv was messing around about it. Arum for real said Rios is a future opponent?

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 9 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #33

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Definitely wasn't expecting that quick of a fight. I underestimated Rios' power, as he really put a beating on Antillon. Antillon made it a war, but he was outgunned. I actually thought he stunned Rios towards the end of the 2nd round, but Rios came out firing in the 3rd. I thought it was turning into a FOTY, but Rios keeps getting better. I don't think he'll fight Pac anytime soon, since he's only at 135 right now. Pac isn't going below 144, and I don't see Rios putting on that weight right now. Rios should look to fight Soto next to unify that division. If he clean out lightweight, then move up to 140.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jul 10 2011, 12:49 AM
Post #34

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

Post-fight interview with Antillon. I like the dude he's a class act, but judging by how badly he slurs his words at only 28 years old.. I think he should seriously consider calling it a career soon...those shots he was takin from Rios definitely didn't do him any favors either

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Jul 10 2011, 12:50 AM

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jul 10 2011, 01:46 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Wow nice win by Rios he looked brutal tonight.

Antillon is a likebale guy with alot of heart but i agree he's slurring his words too much he needs to get out now.

As for Rios he is a freakin monster the kid can crack hard, has a ching and just keeps coming like Al said that will make him very tough to beat. I see Rios taeking over the LW division and reigning with iron fist now that Marquez might be headed out.

I think what Arum meant was that in two or three years once Manny starts declining Rios will be there to take him out and up his star statues.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 10 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #36

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 10 2011, 02:46 AM) *
Wow nice win by Rios he looked brutal tonight.

Antillon is a likebale guy with alot of heart but i agree he's slurring his words too much he needs to get out now.

As for Rios he is a freakin monster the kid can crack hard, has a ching and just keeps coming like Al said that will make him very tough to beat. I see Rios taeking over the LW division and reigning with iron fist now that Marquez might be headed out.

I think what Arum meant was that in two or three years once Manny starts declining Rios will be there to take him out and up his star statues.

That's probably what he's thinking...but what I can't get over is how Arum can coolly bring up Pacquiao and another future fight for him, right AFTER Mayweather's been calling Packy out....after all the predetermining of opponents before the next fight is fought....after all the bullshit of the last 2, 3 years!

This guy has been dangling and sabotaging the biggest fight of the last 25 years right in front of us...smacking Boxing fans in the face with his self serving agenda...taking their money, insulting them.

When is enough enough?....I say NOW.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 10 2011, 09:59 AM
Post #37

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 10 2011, 10:39 AM) *
That's probably what he's thinking...but what I can't get over is how Arum can coolly bring up Pacquiao and another future fight for him, right AFTER Mayweather's been calling Packy out....after all the predetermining of opponents before the next fight is fought....after all the bullshit of the last 2, 3 years!

This guy has been dangling and sabotaging the biggest fight of the last 25 years right in front of us...smacking Boxing fans in the face with his self serving agenda...taking their money, insulting them.

When is enough enough?....I say NOW.

he's going to hold off for at least another year. probably two. it's not like Mayweather is going to fight twice a year anyway, he could keep drawing it out pretty easily. i'm sure Mayweather is ideally the last fight for Pac in Arum's mind and if he can rematch it's even better for him.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jul 10 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

The power that Rios has is impressive, but what makes it all work is that he's a great inside fighter, which maximizes his chances to land those big shots of his and wear guys down. Antillon had no chance here because he fights just like Rios except that he has less power and is not that good a mechanic on the inside.

Should Rios move up to 140, I believe that he will carry his power with him, since he won't have to boil himself down as much.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 10 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #39

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 10:59 AM) *
he's going to hold off for at least another year. probably two. it's not like Mayweather is going to fight twice a year anyway, he could keep drawing it out pretty easily. i'm sure Mayweather is ideally the last fight for Pac in Arum's mind and if he can rematch it's even better for him.

Ofcourse it's a milking and cashing out process...Arum knows Pacquiao will lose...I understand that's shrewd business sense, but his nonchalance is beyond blatant disrespect to the fans...

How he can keep announcing Pacquiao's next/future fights (WITHOUT mentioning Mayweather) before his current fight disgusts me...it can't be taken lightly anymore...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 10 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #40

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 10 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Ofcourse it's a milking and cashing out process...Arum knows Pacquiao will lose...I understand that's shrewd business sense, but his nonchalance is beyond blatant disrespect to the fans...

How he can keep announcing Pacquiao's next/future fights (WITHOUT mentioning Mayweather) before his current fight disgusts me...it can't be taken lightly anymore...

and people still wonder why the fight hasn't been made lol. i think it's been pretty obvious over the past few 6 months +. it would be nice if ESPN called Arum out when Pac's next fight isn't Mayweather, that shit isn't happening though.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:34 AM