IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richard Shaf to TMT, Could Mayweather /Al Haymon be posturing for taking the undustry over
mrchitown
post May 3 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 2 2014, 01:06 PM) *
Thanks chi. I am familiar with how Rich and ODH got together but I was unaware of the rift. Thanks for all those links, I'll look into it when I get home.

EDIT: Ok, basically.....nothing new. Everyone knows Oscar plays second fiddle. It's kinda sad but that's what you get for having so many fuck ups.

No problem

This little back and forth at least IMO is bad for business. Hopkins has sided with Schaefer and Oscar is meeting with Arum. I hope a resolution can be reached between Oscar and Schaefer because they have history but somebody's going to have to give
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 3 2014, 10:06 AM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 3 2014, 12:12 AM) *
No problem

This little back and forth at least IMO is bad for business. Hopkins has sided with Schaefer and Oscar is meeting with Arum. I hope a resolution can be reached between Oscar and Schaefer because they have history but somebody's going to have to give

I don't think they will settle it peacefuly. Given that Oscar is STILL butthurt over his loss to Mayweather, I think his head will not allow him to just...get over it and smile. I think we are on the edge of yet another cold war.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 3 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 3 2014, 10:06 AM) *
I don't think they will settle it peacefuly. Given that Oscar is STILL butthurt over his loss to Mayweather, I think his head will not allow him to just...get over it and smile. I think we are on the edge of yet another cold war.

I hope not because there's too much mess going on right now. Part of the reasons boxing isn't where it should be is encaustic of this feud between GB and TR. One more will hurt the sport even more

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 3 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 3 2014, 05:18 PM) *
I hope not because there's too much mess going on right now. Part of the reasons boxing isn't where it should be is encaustic of this feud between GB and TR. One more will hurt the sport even more

Most of GB Are managed by Al Haymon. So if there is a split then what?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 3 2014, 08:27 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2014, 08:26 PM) *
Most of GB Are managed by Al Haymon. So if there is a split then what?

We have to see how many are under contract, you not gon bully your way out of a contract just because you wanna go to greener pasture. Ask Guerrero and Ward how that worked out for them

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 4 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

from what oscar was saying in his interview with the media post fight, alot of the fighters we thought are signed to golden boy are actually signed to only al haymon, so if they did split up, i bet half of the fighters, and most fo the good fighters would be history from golden boy. i think theyres a much better chance of oscar and richard working things out then the company splitting up, but who knows hat the future holds.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 5 2014, 01:37 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 4 2014, 02:53 PM) *
from what oscar was saying in his interview with the media post fight, alot of the fighters we thought are signed to golden boy are actually signed to only al haymon, so if they did split up, i bet half of the fighters, and most fo the good fighters would be history from golden boy. i think theyres a much better chance of oscar and richard working things out then the company splitting up, but who knows hat the future holds.

Probably so but Haymon is just an adviser, he'd have to from a promotional company to do that...and ODLH is still FOS...he tweet enough and responded to enough interviews in yrs past to know that his company deals with a lot of a Haymon fighters. He knew, he just got his head stuck up Canelo's ass. I don't believe for one second he didn't know

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:02 AM