IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Erik Morales vs Naseem Hamed., Primes.
PR316
post Apr 3 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Of course Morales is the greater overall fighter without any doubt.

However, I think in this case, styles do make fights. Morales liked to trade alot. Often times unneccesarily. Erik wouldn't clinch when hurt nor would he move away, he was always right back at it.

Against Hamed though, he would be getting hit with faster and harder punches than he could deliver, and I think it would catch up to him here. Back then, Hamed could not only crack hard with either hand, but he had blinding speed, and his punches came from odd angles..

I think Prince, down on the cards, comes back from behind to KO Morales in the 12th round after being down on a couple of flash knockdowns. I think Morales would just walk into too many bombs and he would eventually wilt.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Apr 4 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

Quality STILL wins. Morales ud in 12.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 4 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #3

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

The trouble with Hamed was he believed his own hype. If you ever saw the program screened in the run up to his fight with Barrera you'd know he lost all focus on what made him good in the first place.

Anyway, at his best, fully focused and hungry, Hamed-Morales would be a war but I couldn't pick against Eric of that time.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 5 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Naz would trouble Morales with his style in the early rds but once Erick figures him out he'll begin to punish him and either take a UD or stop him late in the fight.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Apr 5 2010, 01:22 AM
Post #5

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

Morales's jab would eat up Hamed. The straight right down the pipe would complete his humilation.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Apr 5 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 4 2010, 10:55 AM) *
The trouble with Hamed was he believed his own hype. If you ever saw the program screened in the run up to his fight with Barrera you'd know he lost all focus on what made him good in the first place.

Anyway, at his best, fully focused and hungry, Hamed-Morales would be a war but I couldn't pick against Eric of that time.

I seen that for the first time a few weeks ago. It betrayed an extreme lack of self confidence. He was so full of shit but inside was just a scared little boy. He knew he wasnt in Barrera's league and it showed

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 5 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Morales would beat the SHIT out of Hamed...UD12...just like the Barrera fight.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Apr 5 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

^^^I could see Morales winning, but not in the fashion Barrera did.

Erik could not box as good as Barrera could, for starters. Nor would he try to do it anyway.

If Morales wins, it'll be in a much more punishing fight than was Barrera's fight with Hamed and he'd take plenty of shots. If he weathers them all, then he wins.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Apr 6 2010, 06:52 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (PR316 @ Apr 5 2010, 06:03 PM) *
^^^I could see Morales winning, but not in the fashion Barrera did.

Erik could not box as good as Barrera could, for starters. Nor would he try to do it anyway.

If Morales wins, it'll be in a much more punishing fight than was Barrera's fight with Hamed and he'd take plenty of shots. If he weathers them all, then he wins.

Thats debatable..............I'll point to their respective perfomances against Manny Pacquiao for proof.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Apr 6 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

^^^^^True..

But that fight aside, Morales always took more punishment in his fights than did Barrera, which is why he was able to extend his career a bit after the wars with Kennedy McKinney and Junior Jones because he was able to change his style. The Barrera of the McKinney and Jones fights would not have beaten Prince Naseem IMO.

Alot of it was Morales' pride. He just had to stand and trade with everybody. I think he more outfought Pacquiao in that first fight than outboxed him. He was just able to take Pacquiao's stuff in that fight to last the distance.

Again, I agree that Morales is an overall greater fighter than Hamed would have ever dreamed of being and his wins against the top quality opposition prove it. But IMHO Morales has the wrong style to beat a prime Brendand Ingle trained Hamed. I just think he'd get caught with too many.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:10 AM