> SHANE MOSLEY: "I APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO CANELO"
iKeNjiro
post Apr 13 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,431

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 07:30 AM) *
Man yall are smokin' liquid crack! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Shane is gonna pull this one off! Canelo can and will be hit on May 5th. Of course, he's supposed to talk smack before a fight, but the only time I was convinced was before the Manny fight.

I think we've all made it clear that he didn't look good against the 1A and 1B fighters in the sport...who does? Not many. As for the Margarito fight...he was there to be hit, nuff said. I highly doubt that Cotto softened Margarito up, if anything, Miguel did more damage to himself in that fight.

I believe Cotto was given too much credit in that fight anyway, and most of it was based off of sympathy AFTER the handwrap scandal surfaced. All I remember hearing and also saying was, "Cotto clearly won the first 6 rounds, then Margarito took over from that point on".

Fact is, Cotto was getting hit the WHOLE time, and was beginning to get busted up in the second round. Loaded wraps or not, he was still getting touched and cornered/walk down.

As for Shane and Canelo...Mosley is the most dangerous "past prime" fighter that he's fought to date. We saw J. Cotto hurt him, Baldomir caught him, Hatton was able to take his punches, and the shot Cintron had his ass in check with that right hand that he was oh so reluctant to throw...let's not forget how he ate jabs in that fight. Im sure Mosley is a guy that can equally do what's already been done to Canelo, but he surely can finish it.

spot on, spot freaking on
+1 man great post
totally agree with all of the above
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 14 2012, 01:22 AM
Post #22

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I thought Shane beat Cotto by a point. I forgot when I posted above that he looked good in that fight.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Does anyone feel that Canelo's been tested at this point of his career? Does anybody view Shane as a real challenge, or just another corpse for Canelo?

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 14 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #24

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Does anyone feel that Canelo's been tested at this point of his career? Does anybody view Shane as a real challenge, or just another corpse for Canelo?

Tested? Not really. Is Shane a real challenge? Nah, not really. He may give Canelo trouble in the "feelin' out" stages of the fight, but he doesn't pose a real threat. I think he'll keep us entertained for 2 or 3 rounds, then he'll go into survival mode. Personally, I think Shane will be there to collect a check, but he's a good (manipulative) actor, 'cause he's good at convincin' people otherwise. If you would've asked this question a few years ago, my answer would've been, "yes." You'll prob disagree, since you're a payin' customer of this card (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Don't worry, we've all been there.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 14 2012, 12:47 PM) *
Tested? Not really. Is Shane a real challenge? Nah, not really. He may give Canelo trouble in the "feelin' out" stages of the fight, but he doesn't pose a real threat. I think he'll keep us entertained for 2 or 3 rounds, then he'll go into survival mode. Personally, I think Shane will be there to collect a check, but he's a good (manipulative) actor, 'cause he's good at convincin' people otherwise. If you would've asked this question a few years ago, my answer would've been, "yes." You'll prob disagree, since you're a payin' customer of this card (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . Don't worry, we've all been there.

Even if he gives Canelo trouble early in the fight and doesn't finish, then we ALL know that Mosley knows how to survive if things get rough. He made Pacquiao look bad because he couldn't find a way to cut off the ring and stop Shane.

Shane could possibly leave more questions than answers in regards to Canelo's "progressing" skill level, if Shane's able to survive and make it to the final bell. As a "paying customer", Im hoping for a stoppage...but it may not be Shane though! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 14 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #26

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Too late man. I ALWAYS have fight parties at my house, if not, Im always telling somebody about a fight that watched over the weekend. So...my house has become the designated spot to watch fights.

*Warning*: I ONLY have people over here that somewhat understand contact sports, not the ones that "Oooh" and "Ahh" at every punch that doesn't even land!

I may have to make that trek over to the ATL for the May 5th gala. Can a bruh get "two hots and a cot"?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 14 2012, 07:56 PM) *
I may have to make that trek over to the ATL for the May 5th gala. Can a bruh get "two hots and a cot"?

Shiiiiit...I dont mind! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) With events like this, Im usually too inebriated to make good decisions anyway, so everyone gets a 'yes' in the meantime.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 14 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #28

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Shane is slowly becoming Stevie Forbes. Not good enuff to win anymore but still skilled enough to make you look bad. Kinda like Ishe Smith

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 14 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Shane is slowly becoming Stevie Forbes. Not good enuff to win anymore but still skilled enough to make you look bad. Kinda like Ishe Smith

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

At least he's still getting tv dates...

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 15 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #30

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 07:01 PM) *
Shiiiiit...I dont mind! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) With events like this, Im usually too inebriated to make good decisions anyway, so everyone gets a 'yes' in the meantime.

That's the "confirmation" I get, Shely? Daanng!!!!!! That being said, I may have to make that 2.5 hr trek to ATL....I'll bring you a liter of Soju...deal?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:16 AM