Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who had the more awkward style?, Emmanuel Augustus vs Timothy Bradley
BoxingEinstein
post May 27 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

I thought of this yesterday after watching Bradley fights.

Who has the more awkward style between Emmanuel Augustus and Timothy Bradley?

And who would win that fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 27 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 27 2013, 02:14 PM) *
I thought of this yesterday after watching Bradley fights.

Who has the more awkward style between Emmanuel Augustus and Timothy Bradley?

And who would win that fight.

To me Bradley isnt really that awkward. He fights like a typical short fighter. he bobs and weaves his way in and lands flurry's when he gets those opportunities inside. he also works from a halfway decent jab. He's really not unlike Prime Tyson. Bradley's only hangup is that he has no power behind his punches. If Bradley hit like, say... Provodnikov, he'd have a bunch of KO's on his record. Its no doubt that he's gonna hit you, its just that no one feels or notices the blows because of how light they are. Thats why so many feel Pacquiao won the fight. However, in slow motion, Bradley out landed Pac and was rightfully given the decision.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 27 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 27 2013, 04:44 PM) *
To me Bradley isnt really that awkward. He fights like a typical short fighter. he bobs and weaves his way in and lands flurry's when he gets those opportunities inside. he also works from a halfway decent jab. He's really not unlike Prime Tyson. Bradley's only hangup is that he has no power behind his punches. If Bradley hit like, say... Provodnikov, he'd have a bunch of KO's on his record. Its no doubt that he's gonna hit you, its just that no one feels or notices the blows because of how light they are. Thats why so many feel Pacquiao won the fight. However, in slow motion, Bradley out landed Pac and was rightfully given the decision.

I respectfully disagree, Bradleys style is more suited for a guy with KO power but he doesn't have that. Also mix in with his aggression and boxing style you can't say that's not an awkard style. Just as much as he can be flat footed, he can make you miss and pay. To me, Bradley's style os awkward you just dont know if he's going to bring it or box it or even flurry his shots away no holds barred

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 28 2013, 04:15 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

If we talk about awkward...Bradley certainly does not come into mind first....or at all. I agree with MrFactor on that one. To me Augusts' style was the epitome of awkward....with Vic Darchinyan coming close second. But Bradley? He doesnt belong to the awkward league.....thank god.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 28 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

The "Drunken Monkey" style from Augustus used crack me up!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 28 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 28 2013, 11:05 AM) *
The "Drunken Monkey" style from Augustus used crack me up!

Dunno why but Augustus always had me concerned. That guy looked like as if he dealt with some pretty serious demons in his life...and he probably did. I have never seen anyone caring so little about his own life in the ring. I mean..you have to be nuts to get into the ring to begin with...but Emanuel was something else.

Drunken Monkey in my opinion suits better to Darchinyan...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 28 2013, 11:57 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 28 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Bradley isn't awkward at all

Agustus, prince naseem, darchinyian, maybe martinez, those guys are pretty awkward when it comes to styles.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 28 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

the drunken monk.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 28 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 28 2013, 12:54 PM) *
Dunno why but Augustus always had me concerned. That guy looked like as if he dealt with some pretty serious demons in his life...and he probably did. I have never seen anyone caring so little about his own life in the ring. I mean..you have to be nuts to get into the ring to begin with...but Emanuel was something else.

Drunken Monkey in my opinion suits better to Darchinyan...

Right, it wasn't hard to tell that he may have had some stuff going on outside of the ring. I wonder what derailed his career, to the point where he started taking dives and pretty much accepting any fight that they put in front of him.

As awkward as Darchinyan's style is, I'd have to say that Augustus edges him with the Drunken Monkey style. Vic is just a lot tougher with his. Lol

Oh yeah, I dont see anything awkward about Bradley's style of fighting...somebody's gotta explain that one to me.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 28 2013, 08:52 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 28 2013, 07:50 PM) *
Right, it wasn't hard to tell that he may have had some stuff going on outside of the ring. I wonder what derailed his career, to the point where he started taking dives and pretty much accepting any fight that they put in front of him.

As awkward as Darchinyan's style is, I'd have to say that Augustus edges him with the Drunken Monkey style. Vic is just a lot tougher with his. Lol

Oh yeah, I dont see anything awkward about Bradley's style of fighting...somebody's gotta explain that one to me.

you killin me with this drunken monkey stuff! it's drunken monk or drunken master....

here's the real deal...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 09:25 AM