IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Cloud-Stevenson/Chavez-Vera SPOILERS, No New Spoilers or Public Streams (Special 1st Post Info!)
Jack 1000
post Sep 28 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all action and post-fight reactions to the Cloud-Stevenson and Chavez-Vera fights. Keep everything in this thread. IMPORTANT-I AN NOT SURE, BUT I THINK CLOUD-STEVENSON HAS A SLIGHT TAPE DELAY. I CAN'T CONFIRM THIS THOUGH! USERS IF IT IS DELAYED AND YOU WANT TO SEE THE FIGHT ON HBO AS IF IT WERE LIVE, I WOULD SAY DON'T OPEN THE THREAD ANY LATER THAN ONE HOUR BEFORE THE START OF THE HBO TELECAST! IF SOMEONE GETS THE RESULTS OF THE LIVE CALL, WE WILL ALLOW THEM TO PUT THE SPOILER IN THIS THREAD.

This means that if you want to see Cloud-Stevenson on HBO without knowing what happened (assuming it is tape delayed) and you live on the West Coast, I would say, don't open the thread after 6PM (7PM start on HBO.) If you live on the East Coast, and want to watch the fight on HBO, don't open the thread after 9PM. (10 PM start on HBO)

Chavez-Vera is a live call.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Sep 28 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,897

cloud by KO stevenson is a BUM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 28 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

First of all, shame on you Jack, for not opening a "pre-fight" prediction thread earlier this week....now I REALLY have to think hard about this one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Cloud/Stevenson: Seriously, I tend to forget that the late Emmanuel Steward used to train Stevenson, so I'll go ahead and give him the edge when it comes to the boxing part of my prediction. Typically, I wouldn't come off the cuff and say such a thing, but in this situation, Cloud is nowhere near an exceptional boxer...at least he hasn't shown us that as of late.

I just dont see any chance of Cloud controlling the pace or boxing with any type of discipline. All I can see is him loading up on one of those nasty lunging hooks of his. I'm not sure what Sanchez and Cloud worked on, but I guess it remains to be seen tonight.

I just see Stevenson imposing his will (with pressure) and his jab, and catching Cloud cold. I'm not on the Stevenson hype train here, but I've seen him fight enough, and volume punches freeze him (and slow him down)...that's something that I dont believe Cloud is capable of bringing.

Chavez/Vera: I like Vera in this one, but something tells me that this will be a typical Chavez fight...come to the fight unprepared with a huge weight advantage, and a school-yard bully mentality. Vera isn't the most technical guy out there, and he's a bit vertically-challenged for the division, which may all play into his detriment.

Chavez has had weight problems in the past, so I'm not banking on this recent tomfoolery to make a difference. I see Chavez stopping him early, though Vera is a tough dude. Too much size, too much pressure, and too much of the "I just need to mow this guy down and hope for a bigger fight" mindset from Chavez.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 28 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Look at Roy with the deacon suit and the penciled-in hairline!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Sep 28 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

I have Stevenson winning this one. He's going to do his gorilla dance again after knocking Cloud out. He's in the zone right now after that Dawson KO. I'm not sure Cloud can hold off Stevenson and im basing this from his performance against Hopkins.

Chavez vs. Vera. What a disgrace of a fight. Can't believe this waste of a legend's sperm has no discipline at all after bein spanked by Martinez. With all the weigh adjustments that Bob "wait for the weight" Arum, motherfucker still looked drained at the weigh in. Vera will put up a fight but I got this motherfucker to win a late stoppage.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 28 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man, when I die, I want Michael Buffer to be the master of ceremony at my funeral!!! Hope nobody tries to steal my idea about the Michael Buffer alarm clock! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 28 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Damn yo, Micheal Buffer is starting to look (in the face) like Dr. Emmit Brown from Back to the Future lol. Father time is still reigning champ fo real.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Sep 28 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

fck that superman theme song.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 28 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 28 2013, 10:26 PM) *
Damn yo, Micheal Buffer is starting to look (in the face) like Dr. Emmit Brown from Back to the Future lol. Father time is still reigning champ fo real.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You aint lyin'!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 28 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

What's up with this cape that Stevenson has on...does that shit have a...bib on it???

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 03:34 PM