Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who will Pacquiao fight Next?
aTYpicalTYrant
post Apr 15 2013, 06:25 AM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

I don't know...... IF Marquez really prefers a 5th Title over a 5th match with Pac, Arum could just Put Pac in a position to get his belt back from Bradley. That would put Marquez in a position in which he STILL has to fight Pac to get a belt he feels is rightfully his. I'm just speculating though....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 16 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'm seeing stuff on twitter from some boxing site accounts right now that says he and Alvarado will be fighting Oct 8th

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 16 2013, 08:34 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 17 2013, 06:11 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 16 2013, 05:34 PM) *
I'm seeing stuff on twitter from some boxing site accounts right now that says he and Alvarado will be fighting Oct 8th

Welp, that was a short lived title holder. If they fight in Macau there is no way Alvarado gets a fair shake. Plus his style is tailored made for Pac. Alvarado isn't fast and yes he adjusted to Brandon Rios but Pac is faster than Rios. Now the height might play apart but I doubt it. If Alvarado jabs his he may have a shot. This fight is going to be a slug fest. I guess this is the new definition of boxing.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 17 2013, 08:00 AM
Post #24

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

JMM is about to retire. Win, lose or draw he's going to retire after his next fight. He's 40 and he was talking about retiring after tranquilizing Manny last time. This is all just a stall tactic by Marquez to get more money....his last big payday. We're definitely going to see Pac/JMM 5 next. Theres no other fight that could generate the money that it will and, imo, Manny was putting it on JMMs ass before his lil nap so its a very winnable fight for him.

Avenge that loss, make as much money as possible, get his nutty fans going again...that 5th fight is going down next.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 16 2013, 09:34 PM) *

Somebody put Rios on suicide watch please! I know he's probably kicking himself in the ass, if this rumor is true.

"Yo, where my promoter? Where my rematch? Yall want threeee? Where my promoter? Where my 3???" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That dude was a real tool that night.

I still say that Pac/JMM 5 takes place on Mexican Independence Weekend. What better date to have it? Bob is doing his usual trick...act like he doesn't care about the fight anymore, throw other guys' names in there as smokescreen to build them, and BOOM, the fight that everybody's tired of seeing, happens again.

Bob took a shot in the dark by allowing the 3rd fight to end in that fashion, then taking the chance of making a 4th fight that nobody probably cared about. Gladly the 4th ended the way it, now he has something to work with. No way he lets Alvarado or Rios fight ANYBODY else at this point, just to lose and mess up a rubber match.

Whatever little life they have left in them, they need to go ahead and beat it out of each other in an immediate rubber match, rather than a do-gooder opportunist whacking them, and leaving Bob with yet another fighter to promote from scratch.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 17 2013, 06:11 AM) *
Welp, that was a short lived title holder. If they fight in Macau there is no way Alvarado gets a fair shake. Plus his style is tailored made for Pac. Alvarado isn't fast and yes he adjusted to Brandon Rios but Pac is faster than Rios. Now the height might play apart but I doubt it. If Alvarado jabs his he may have a shot. This fight is going to be a slug fest. I guess this is the new definition of boxing.

If this is true then yeah, I see an L on the record of Alvarado but this is the sport of boxing so anything can happen

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 17 2013, 03:43 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2013, 08:19 AM) *
Somebody put Rios on suicide watch please! I know he's probably kicking himself in the ass, if this rumor is true.

"Yo, where my promoter? Where my rematch? Yall want threeee? Where my promoter? Where my 3???" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That dude was a real tool that night.

I still say that Pac/JMM 5 takes place on Mexican Independence Weekend. What better date to have it? Bob is doing his usual trick...act like he doesn't care about the fight anymore, throw other guys' names in there as smokescreen to build them, and BOOM, the fight that everybody's tired of seeing, happens again.

Bob took a shot in the dark by allowing the 3rd fight to end in that fashion, then taking the chance of making a 4th fight that nobody probably cared about. Gladly the 4th ended the way it, now he has something to work with. No way he lets Alvarado or Rios fight ANYBODY else at this point, just to lose and mess up a rubber match.

Whatever little life they have left in them, they need to go ahead and beat it out of each other in an immediate rubber match, rather than a do-gooder opportunist whacking them, and leaving Bob with yet another fighter to promote from scratch.

I'm dying right now, he was struggling to get that out lol..yall want to see the threeee??

I agree, I think Alvarado is possibly being used as bait to get JMM to jump at a deal. He's going to make more money then he's probably ever made in a 5th fight and he keeps alluding to the fact that he wants to retire. He can just do it one more time and retire

As for Rios and Alvarado, that's a rematch that needs to happen immediately, neither one has that much time left in the sport the way they fight IMO

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 17 2013, 04:43 PM) *
I'm dying right now, he was struggling to get that out lol..yall want to see the threeee??

I agree, I think Alvarado is possibly being used as bait to get JMM to jump at a deal. He's going to make more money then he's probably ever made in a 5th fight and he keeps alluding to the fact that he wants to retire. He can just do it one more time and retire

As for Rios and Alvarado, that's a rematch that needs to happen immediately, neither one has that much time left in the sport the way they fight IMO

Right! Dude's voice went from Tenor to Soprano! Yall want to the see the threeee??? Huh?

Juan needs to understand that Pac is the only one who will bring him his highest payday, unless Floyd just gets wild and decides to fight him by the end of the year...if he beats Guerrero.

I agree, Rios and Alvarado dont have too much time left, if they continue at that pace.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 17 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

He will fight either JMM or Bradley. My guess is JMM. If JMM retires, Pac fights Bradley. There is no chance Bradley fights JMM when he will make far more against Pac.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 17 2013, 08:48 PM) *
He will fight either JMM or Bradley. My guess is JMM. If JMM retires, Pac fights Bradley. There is no chance Bradley fights JMM when he will make far more against Pac.

jmm has already stated he wants bradley or alvarado and has no interest in beating pac again.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:39 PM