Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Behind the Scenes, Haymon Is Shaking Up the Fight Game, nice article
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Dec 19 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,386

Allmenjoi, did you just reply that you receieved an English degree? HAHAHAHAHAHAH GTFO...I've seen 6th graders write with better grammar and spelling than you. Shit, elementary kids know better grammer than you lol getting owned in the thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 06:02 PM) *

what did she say that wasn't accurate?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 08:40 PM) *
The point is, some things should be thoroughly explained before being used as examples. As its been said, Al Haymon was pretty big in the music business, even if his name wasn't put out there like that. So, I see why you used it as a comparison to Suge Knight and the music business, though it may not all have added up.

Haymon may only care about money instead of the fighter (according to your observation), but it appears that his fighters are past satisfied with his work. Suge Knight was only a good businessman because "pain compliance" usually followed the ones who didn't want to roll with it. I dont remember hearing about Al Haymon trying to fuck anybody up if they didn't peep his campaign...

NOW, if you want to talk about that, then we can point towards James Prince (owner/president of Rap-A-Lot Records) who managed FMJ, Corrales, Mosley, and more than a few fighters. This may be a rumor, but he (James) and some of his people came after Floyd with baseball bats over some money. Anybody can help me out with that story since I cant 100% confirm it, but being the fact that he (James) dealt with a bunch of thugs in the music business, Im sure he knows how to be a "very good business man".

Hell, J. Prince was at the Ward fight last night. He may have something to do with Ward...

disregard my previous question.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 19 2011, 03:27 PM) *
Haymon is a genius, to get your fighter most of the income in revenues, gate and upfront cash plus the ppv sales is just straight genius. How can anyone dislike this man? He makes his fighters get rich and wealthy in a small amount of time. The chance of Pacquaio going to Haymon is as much of a chance that Windbag Arum will make the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight happen. Who is this Almenjoi character? They have terrible English literature skills and their analogies is a bit off.

Bar none Haymon is considered the best in the business to get a fighter paid without any worries. I think if Floyd would have went to Haymon earlier on in his career he wouldn't have fought the likes of Corrales, Castillo, Hernandez, and even Corley. Haymon allows his fighters to face sublime competition while getting paid alot. If you were a fighter coming up and you had the choice would you go to Dibella or Haymon? Exactly.

i agree. the dude is the best at what he does. i disagree with the part about floyd not fighting corrales, castillo etc...if that was true..williams would have never faced martinez twice....and arreolla would have never faced klitschko.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2011, 07:07 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 19 2011, 05:39 PM) *
i agree. the dude is the best at what he does. i disagree with the part about floyd not fighting corrales, castillo etc...if that was true..williams would have never faced martinez twice....and arreolla would have never faced klitschko.

+1

Let's look out for Williams/Martinez III...anything can happen when Haymon's involved (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 19 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 19 2011, 05:53 PM) *
Allmenjoi, did you just reply that you receieved an English degree? HAHAHAHAHAHAH GTFO...I've seen 6th graders write with better grammar and spelling than you. Shit, elementary kids know better grammer than you lol getting owned in the thread.

Didn't know I had to write professionally on a boxing message board. and they do not use slang abbreviation in the writing world like GTFO. A English teacher would argue that you are failing to connect with your audience because they may not know what GFTO stands for. and you spelled GRAMMAR incorrectly. Fucking rookie and it is i before e except after C with received, my fucking goodness! That Devry degree isn't working for you is it?

This post has been edited by Allmenjoi8: Dec 19 2011, 07:26 PM

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Dec 19 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

hahahhaha, I'm not the one claiming to be an English major fucktard. I openly admit I don't write that great, which is why I chose to be an accounting major. I proofread all my important emails and work assignments though.

Since you love to critique my writing, it's AN ENGLISH techer. Oh, and you capitalize the word after a period fucktard. You don't know shit about this sport, and it's pretty obvious in reading most of your posts. You ever been in a boxing gym? Nah, from what I've heard it sounds like the gym isn't one of your places to go if ya know what I mean.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2011, 07:07 PM) *
+1

Let's look out for Williams/Martinez III...anything can happen when Haymon's involved (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'm not sure that is gonna happen. williams has a long road back and there aren't very many winnable fights that he is interested in out there for martinez.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 19 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 19 2011, 07:25 PM) *
Didn't know I had to write professionally on a boxing message board. and they do not use slang abbreviation in the writing world like GTFO. A English teacher would argue that you are failing to connect with your audience because they may not know what GFTO stands for. and you spelled GRAMMAR incorrectly. Fucking rookie and it is i before e except after C with received, my fucking goodness! That Devry degree isn't working for you is it?

i'm not trying to get involved...but i think it's "an english teacher" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 19 2011, 08:56 PM) *
i'm not sure that is gonna happen. williams has a long road back and there aren't very many winnable fights that he is interested in out there for martinez.

Like I said...leave it to Haymon...anything can happen. We never know! As much as I dont want to believe it, this could be one of those "WTF" fights that get sinked in '12...there's at least one or two fights a year like this.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:40 AM