IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Problem vs. The Magic Man, Serious?
mrchitown
post Mar 13 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 12 2013, 06:16 PM) *
He made him look ridiculous lol. Thurmans a nice prospect but he messed up calling out a loudmouth like Paulie to his face. He said "now look what you did, its your press conference and the attention is on me!" Haha. On the real tho can't believe thurman said he would have stopped cotto Smh.

Broner could have a very ugly fight on his hands. Paulie might have not looked great his last fight but the other dude was waay over weight and Paulie still held his own.

No way Thurman would've beat Cotto but he was right about a stoppage but he would've been the one getting stopped. And he isn't as bright as he thinks if he thinks he's going to out talk Malinaggi

Paulie is a seasoned vet, he knows what to do to win at this point, now whether or not he beats Broner is another story. But if he fights Thurman I think he just might beat him. No way in hell Thurman brutally stops Malinaggi. It's just some people you can't put down and put and he's one of them. Thurman isn't a bigger puncher then Cotto was at 147 and this would be a major step up for him. Thurman is doing what he's supposed to do and that's beat limited competition, who has a beat and what has he done to be a threat to Mainaggi?

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 13 2013, 08:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 14 2013, 08:11 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 13 2013, 08:31 PM) *
No way Thurman would've beat Cotto but he was right about a stoppage but he would've been the one getting stopped. And he isn't as bright as he thinks if he thinks he's going to out talk Malinaggi

Paulie is a seasoned vet, he knows what to do to win at this point, now whether or not he beats Broner is another story. But if he fights Thurman I think he just might beat him. No way in hell Thurman brutally stops Malinaggi. It's just some people you can't put down and put and he's one of them. Thurman isn't a bigger puncher then Cotto was at 147 and this would be a major step up for him. Thurman is doing what he's supposed to do and that's beat limited competition, who has a beat and what has he done to be a threat to Mainaggi?

+1

Paulie would probably make him look lost in there, and he totally called him out on his competition too! Lol it was pretty hilarious. And I'm with you, its not cake to stop Paulie. You can hate him or love him but hes one tough sob. Last dude he fought looked like he had 20 pounds over him just on his love handles! I think Paulie would pepper him and circle him to a UD barring a robbery.

But broner is a different story. He can fight both as the aggressor and as the counter puncher. But this is still an ugly fight for broner, if he pushes and cuts off the ring I think he can pull it out.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2013, 08:24 AM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I don't know if Cano managed to make Paulie look that shit and drop him, I think Thurman would hurt him. How about Cano vs Thurman (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
flazi
post Mar 14 2013, 01:05 PM
Post #34

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

no one from florida will out shit talk anyone from brooklyn lol. they got that shit in their dna. Paulie is a vet, love that dude.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 14 2013, 07:11 AM) *
+1

Paulie would probably make him look lost in there, and he totally called him out on his competition too! Lol it was pretty hilarious. And I'm with you, its not cake to stop Paulie. You can hate him or love him but hes one tough sob. Last dude he fought looked like he had 20 pounds over him just on his love handles! I think Paulie would pepper him and circle him to a UD barring a robbery.

But broner is a different story. He can fight both as the aggressor and as the counter puncher. But this is still an ugly fight for broner, if he pushes and cuts off the ring I think he can pull it out.

I don't think Broner should've took the fight,though I think he'll win. I think they (GB and HBO) are pushing him too soon

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 14 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #36

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (flazi @ Mar 14 2013, 02:05 PM) *
no one from florida will out shit talk anyone from brooklyn lol. they got that shit in their dna. Paulie is a vet, love that dude.

Real talk, I liked the fact Thurman was on tryin it tho. That's how a hungry up an comer supposed to act imo..

Paulie gave him some ether tho, haha! That said, if Thurman was on point, when Paulie was going on about Keith needing to "up his money", he could've at least pointed out the fact that Cano wasn't exactly a draw himself. Then said something along the lines of the risk facing "one time" would be significantly higher, and THAT'S why Paulie talking money now... Instead he shut up an let Malignaggi slay him with the "my house" bars... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 15 2013, 06:50 AM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Shit talking to me aint shit. Paulie ethered him... yadda yadda yadda... Thurman shoulda just closed it on him and said, "You talking shit, but can ya kick my ass?!?" that would have stopped it right there. Cause Paulie cant answer that truthfully with a resounding YES!

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 15 2013, 08:32 AM
Post #38

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Well actually Paulie did go on to talk about how he felt Thurman is wide open etc, but then stopped himself. You can take that as either he didn't believe what he was saying, or just didn't wanna completely shit on dude after he just had a win. Thurman did try to go down that route, Paulie brought up his opposition which led to Thurman saying he would "take Cotto out"... I think Paulie thinks he could beat Thurman at this stage in his career, he just knows its a risk and Keith aint bringing enough $$$ to warrant that risk.

Shit talking helps build anticipation of a fight, sure it doesn't have any real bearing on the fight, but if it increases interest and makes it a bigger event, then thats a good thing imo.

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Mar 15 2013, 09:18 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 15 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #39

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 13 2013, 06:25 PM) *
Do you have a link to that. The first person Mr. Suffering Suckatash faces that has a jab and some defense and a little power he is taking that L. Which is why he should still be trying to improve. Not only that but he gets hit way too easy.

I thought I was the only one who peeped that lisp lol. You can't sound gangsta and have a lisp with a big tongue lol "You betha not thuck me sthun. You betha not thuck me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRFetef9wu4

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 15 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 15 2013, 07:32 AM) *
Well actually Paulie did go on to talk about how he felt Thurman is wide open etc, but then stopped himself. You can take that as either he didn't believe what he was saying, or just didn't wanna completely shit on dude after he just had a win. Thurman did try to go down that route, Paulie brought up his opposition which led to Thurman saying he would "take Cotto out"... I think Paulie thinks he could beat Thurman at this stage in his career, he just knows its a risk and Keith aint bringing enough $$$ to warrant that risk.

Shit talking helps build anticipation of a fight, sure it doesn't have any real bearing on the fight, but if it increases interest and makes it a bigger event, then thats a good thing imo.

Totally agree, everybody knows that closed mouths don't get fed. And shit talking, trash talk, what ever someone wants to call it, adds intrigue to a bout. Most of the great fighters were trash talkers. The quiet one stuff that most pedal is really a myth. Just because you don't talk trash or because your quiet don't mean nothing, but most take it as if the person is bout that life lol. Let's not act like some quiet dudes aint p*ssy lol

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:40 AM