Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post May 5 2010, 07:09 AM
Post #2

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Interesting fight that I could see going either way but have this probably 65-35 Duran. I would give the edge to a fit peak 147 Duran based on his incredible chin & pure boxing skill. I don't see Tito going the way of Hearns as he was nowhere near as aggressive as Hearns was but I can see a peak 147lb Tito using his jab & setting up big right hand bombs & hooks off it. One thing for sure it would be a dirty dirty fight.

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 5 2010, 08:50 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Duran at his best would outsmart Tito and win a UD. It would be a good fight and Tito would give it his all as usual, but Duran was a little too quick, too smart, and too skilled for Trinidad

Duran via UD.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post May 5 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Tito would be a threat to anyone with is one punch power but Duran at his welterweight best had too many tools for Trinindad.

Duran by late TKO.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post May 8 2010, 05:36 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

It's only a matter of time until Tito suffers one of his patented flash knockdowns against Duran, and when he does, it's all over. Against Duran, that time would come sooner rather than later. Duran TKO2.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 28 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Tito would have lost to Davey Moore at 154 for sure... You saw what Duran did to Moore didn't you? Please a mentally ready and fit Duran eats Tito for lunch breakfast and dinner without even having to drink water to wash HIS ASS DOWN...

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post May 28 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

Tito was nothing without his hand wraps. Ha ha.

Can you tell I'm not a big Trinidad fan? Anyone with a decent skill set could embarass that guy and please don't point to an over the hill Sweetpea as an example of how good Trinidad was.

Seriously, after Nazeem uncovered the illegal wraps Trinidad was never the same fighter (also might have had something to do with beatdown Hops then laid on him.)

I still believe Hoya beat him (regardless of how he fought the second half od the fight) and I think without those wraps and dirty tactics Vargas would've beaten him as well. It would've been interesting to see how he handled a guy even dirtier than he was and as bad as trinidad could be Duran was bad ass.

A mid to late stoppage to Duran as the fight degenrates into a foul fest with Roberto mentally owning young Tito.

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 28 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 28 2010, 07:58 PM) *
Tito would have lost to Davey Moore at 154 for sure... You saw what Duran did to Moore didn't you? Please a mentally ready and fit Duran eats Tito for lunch breakfast and dinner without even having to drink water to wash HIS ASS DOWN...

I think Tito would have beaten Davey Moore. Moore was good but not GREAT... Tito was just a little better than him. He would have either stopped him late or won a decision.

Duran of course is a different animal but thats not a reason to underrated Tito.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 28 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Not underrating Tito... Moore was good. The punishment that he withstood in the match with Duran and the manner in which battled back was Gladiator shit.. If Tito were in front of Duran that night he would have been taken down.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 29 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #10

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Tito would be outboxed and out punched..

I'm with Ollie,not a fan and never have been a fan of Tito..Like he said,all ya need to know how to do is box and ya can expose him..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:23 PM