IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> p.e.d's and such..., are they really a problem?
daprofessor
post Oct 22 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

it seems morales didn't catch as much heat as both berto and peterson. is this my imagination? i haven't read too many articles crucifying him the way they did peterson and berto.

also...i've never really believed p.e.d's help that much in boxing and this fight proves me right again.

so far...of the bouts we know where fighters have tested positive...none of them have ever looked super human imo.

garcia/morales....morales got ktfo'd

vargas/dlh...vargas tested positive and got ko'd.

mosley/dlh 2...mosley didn't test positive but did admit to using after the fact...many thought he lost this fight.

toney/ruiz...toney beat ruiz...but it wasn't one of his best performances.

toney/batchelder...really wasn't impressive in this one.

jones/hall...both fighters tested positive...i think hall was stopped...but it wasn't devastating.

tarver/kayode....fight was a draw...nothing spectacular.

salido/guerrero...i didn't see this fight...but he tested positive.

peterson/khan...peterson later admitted to using TRT...but many thought he lost that fight and benefited from the home town refs' point deductions.

did i miss any?

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 22 2012, 05:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 22 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Who tested positive between salido and guerrero??

I think its one of those things in boxing that is happening a lot without being caught. I like that more and more people are getting caught so that maybe more fighters will be willing to implement these stricter tests.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 22 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Now that I see this list, my eyes are opened wide! How in the hell can you take PEDs and look bad in your fight? Im trying to remember when Shane started all of that jiggly twitching shit during fights, but my best guess is after he got off that shit.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 22 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Proves that all the athletic ability in the world can never be a substitute for boxing skill

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 22 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

All P.E.Ds are bad and are forms of cheating, but not all P.E.Ds are as dangerous (IMO). Things like EPO, testosterone, blood doping etc are much worse than diuretics because of the direct effect they have on a person's strength and stamina.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 23 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 22 2012, 07:52 PM) *
Who tested positive between salido and guerrero??

I think its one of those things in boxing that is happening a lot without being caught. I like that more and more people are getting caught so that maybe more fighters will be willing to implement these stricter tests.

Salido.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 23 2012, 02:28 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

salido tested positive for anabolic steroids. he beat guerrero.

anyone care to address why morales got a pass?

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 23 2012, 06:36 AM
Post #8

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 22 2012, 06:51 PM) *
it seems morales didn't catch as much heat as both berto and peterson. is this my imagination? i haven't read too many articles crucifying him the way they did peterson and berto.

also...i've never really believed p.e.d's help that much in boxing and this fight proves me right again.

You're not taking many factors into account. What about all the Ws each fighter had? They could've been taking it all along. You also don't know what kind of athlete they were prior vs. when they were caught. Any anabolic or growth hormone has a proven result. It is very clear that if you take it, it will enhance your ability. Just because you weren't that good of a boxer, you take PEDs and you're still not that good doesn't mean that it didn't enhance your abilities. It is very possible that if athletes were not using PEDs, they wouldn't survive at the elite level at all Hence the pressure to take it even though you might get caught. I also can't imagine that none of these fighters ever scored a performance enhancing knockdown or an enhanced blow that caused a cut.

Are we also saying that if FMJ decided to take PEDs now and used it for his next two fights that he wouldn't simply just walk through anyone you put in front of him? FMJ on PEDs would've ended Cotto in 3-4 rds.

If a fighter gets caught once you have to assume he was always taking it and every W is suspect.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 23 2012, 09:09 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 23 2012, 07:36 AM) *
You're not taking many factors into account. What about all the Ws each fighter had? They could've been taking it all along. You also don't know what kind of athlete they were prior vs. when they were caught. Any anabolic or growth hormone has a proven result. It is very clear that if you take it, it will enhance your ability. Just because you weren't that good of a boxer, you take PEDs and you're still not that good doesn't mean that it didn't enhance your abilities. It is very possible that if athletes were not using PEDs, they wouldn't survive at the elite level at all Hence the pressure to take it even though you might get caught. I also can't imagine that none of these fighters ever scored a performance enhancing knockdown or an enhanced blow that caused a cut.

Are we also saying that if FMJ decided to take PEDs now and used it for his next two fights that he wouldn't simply just walk through anyone you put in front of him? FMJ on PEDs would've ended Cotto in 3-4 rds.

If a fighter gets caught once you have to assume he was always taking it and every W is suspect.

This, not to mention the ramifications even when they lose. Sometimes people forget, even when you win, you lose in boxing. End of the day, if you fight and entire 12 rounds, at some point, you're going to get hit. PEDs are a big problem in boxing.

If that doesnt convince you, take into account that guys like Tommy Morrison wouldnt have even had a career if it weren't for PEDs. I won't even go into speculating on who else I think was on steroids.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 23 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 23 2012, 10:09 AM) *
This, not to mention the ramifications even when they lose. Sometimes people forget, even when you win, you lose in boxing. End of the day, if you fight and entire 12 rounds, at some point, you're going to get hit. PEDs are a big problem in boxing.

If that doesnt convince you, take into account that guys like Tommy Morrison wouldnt have even had a career if it weren't for PEDs. I won't even go into speculating on who else I think was on steroids.

That's no fun

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:16 AM