> David Haye, Makes an Offer
SmartyBeardo
post Jan 2 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #31

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 06:16 PM) *
Go fuck yourself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 06:19 PM) *
LMFAO!!!!

OH...Fuck You Too!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's it. I'm not bringing my nieces to Vegas now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 2 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #32

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 08:15 PM) *
I think he will.

And say he fights Wlad first...there are a few things I can only hope happens.

1- He fucking brutally KO's Wlad would be my first choice.

2- We get an exciting back and forth competitive fight for as long as it lasts.

3 If Haye does get KTFO, hopefully he will at least go down swinging and not fight a totally defensive scared type fight.

well Haye is going to be gassed after like 4 rounds so after that his ass belongs to Wlad.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jan 2 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 2 2011, 09:55 PM) *
well Haye is going to be gassed after like 4 rounds so after that his ass belongs to Wlad.

Why do you think that now? I know he gassed out years ago in a cruiserweight bout when he got stopped.

He went longer with Ruiz. He went the distance with Valuev.

You think just the mental pressure will get to him?

You would think he would be in great shape for a fight with Wlad and be able to go more than 4 rounds, at least I do. Unless there is a KO before that of course.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Jan 2 2011, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 3 2011, 05:32 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 2 2011, 10:24 PM) *
That's it. I'm not bringing my nieces to Vegas now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

no no the easier option is just to leave LL at home with the wife and kids....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'll PM a report of the weekend.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 3 2011, 05:32 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 11:00 PM) *
Why do you think that now? I know he gassed out years ago in a cruiserweight bout when he got stopped.

He went longer with Ruiz. He went the distance with Valuev.

You think just the mental pressure will get to him?

You would think he would be in great shape for a fight with Wlad and be able to go more than 4 rounds, at least I do. Unless there is a KO before that of course.

I don't think he'll gas but I do think he will have mentally surrendered by the 4th.

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Jan 3 2011, 06:25 AM
Post #36

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

I hate to say it but Haye beats them both. I didnt believe it myself at one time but now I'm convinced of it.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 3 2011, 06:41 AM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 06:25 AM) *
I hate to say it but Haye beats them both. I didnt believe it myself at one time but now I'm convinced of it.

Based on what? His smashing of Frudley Harrison? His dismantling of John Ruiz?

I think Haye will make them fight more than they've had to in a while but I don't see this as being a good thing. I'd say he's going to end up regretting all the taunting and smack talk he's been up to.

Your picks as a rule are pretty solid but this is very left base for you. Convinced none the less. I dunno what you drunk over Xmas but whatever it is where can I get some? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Jan 3 2011, 07:40 AM
Post #38

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

Ollie, you won't be surprised to read that I am yet to read a plausible explanation for how Haye can defeat either of the Klitschko's.  Does he run in and hope to do a Corrie Sanders ruthless assault on Wlad, does he attempt to use speed of movement and try to take the fight on points?  Does he play a game of patience waiting for the moment to loop his right hand over the top of Wlad's jab and take him out with one shot?  Does he even hit harder enough to drop Wlad with one shot? 

Everything points to Haye finding himself outgunned and outclassed.  See, speed is supposed to be Haye's big advantage but Wad is no slouch in the speed department and he possesses timing as well.  Timing kills speed alone and Wlad has both.  A jab from Wlad is strong enough to seriously hurt Haye and put him in trouble. 

However, I have convinced myself that Haye will win the fights.  The key for a Haye victory is to get inside.  Wlad cannot use his advantages on the inside at all and David Haye is elusive enough when he is on his game to slip the jab and land two, three punches up close.  He can then get outside again because Wlad does not have the heart of a warrior and won't recklessly fire back even though the opportunity will present itself.  Both men will tire down the stretch but it is Haye who will have the mental strength to overcome adversity and Wlad who will begin to doubt himself.  The right hand over the top will be a frequent weapon for Haye and by round 8 both men will be badly swollen around the eyes.  Haye, weighing little over 208-210 will have trained for a long fight and trained to stay on his toes..  Wlad is unable to maul him and in round 10 a right hand from Haye will sit Wladimir on the seat of his behind.  He will climb up but Haye will
jump him and several more punches will result in the referees intervention..

We will find out in late April early May.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jan 3 2011, 07:47 AM
Post #39

Middleweight

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 03:25 AM) *

I wouldn't go that far but I definitely think he has a legit shot v either, better with Wlad.

By the way, some of us are heading to Vegas (maybe for Haye v Wlad). You're invited if you bring your avatar along for the ride (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) . It is only fair given I'm expected to bring my wife, kid, sisters-in-law, and nieces. You know how much it costs for extra baggage these days?

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jan 3 2011, 08:09 AM
Post #40

Middleweight

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 04:40 AM) *
Ollie, you won't be surprised to read that I am yet to read a plausible explanation for how Haye can defeat either of the Klitschko's.  Does he run in and hope to do a Corrie Sanders ruthless assault on Wlad, does he attempt to use speed of movement and try to take the fight on points?  Does he play a game of patience waiting for the moment to loop his right hand over the top of Wlad's jab and take him out with one shot?  Does he even hit harder enough to drop Wlad with one shot? 

Everything points to Haye finding himself outgunned and outclassed.  See, speed is supposed to be Haye's big advantage but Wad is no slouch in the speed department and he possesses timing as well.  Timing kills speed alone and Wlad has both.  A jab from Wlad is strong enough to seriously hurt Haye and put him in trouble. 

However, I have convinced myself that Haye will win the fights.  The key for a Haye victory is to get inside.  Wlad cannot use his advantages on the inside at all and David Haye is elusive enough when he is on his game to slip the jab and land two, three punches up close.  He can then get outside again because Wlad does not have the heart of a warrior and won't recklessly fire back even though the opportunity will present itself.  Both men will tire down the stretch but it is Haye who will have the mental strength to overcome adversity and Wlad who will begin to doubt himself.  The right hand over the top will be a frequent weapon for Haye and by round 8 both men will be badly swollen around the eyes.  Haye, weighing little over 208-210 will have trained for a long fight and trained to stay on his toes..  Wlad is unable to maul him and in round 10 a right hand from Haye will sit Wladimir on the seat of his behind.  He will climb up but Haye will
jump him and several more punches will result in the referees intervention..

We will find out in late April early May.

Nice breakdown Sentral.

The problem with getting inside with Wlad is his proclivity for tying dudes up. Getting in and out, Pac style, is the key, and making Wlad throw more punches and stay more active than he is comfortable with. I also think Haye needs to catch Wlad early with something heavy that gets Wlads attention at least (if it doesn't drop him). Wlad would then use his energy protecting the china, unless it awakened the beast in him and he just beat the living dogshit out of Haye.

I really think this is the heavyweight fight we have all been waiting for. At least it has the potential of being so.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:38 AM