IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mayweather vs cotto 2, are the fans interested?
BoxingStill#1
post May 9 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

If anyone knows Floyed knows he would say "we got it done right the first time, no need for a second"..

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post May 9 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #32

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I don't feel there is a need for a second fight because the first fight was decisive. While it was entertaining, it didn't have the ebb and flow that warrant a rematch. What I would like to see is Floyd fight Martinez, because Sergio is his biggest challenge out there. A co-feature of Cotto vs Canelo on the same card could set pay-per-view records.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 9 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #33

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 8 2012, 09:55 PM) *
I'd love to see a Canelo-Cotto fight. Who takes that one?
Manuel would definitely outbox Canelo. I was actually surprised by Canelo's quickness.
Canelo gets taken to school by Floyd. Cotto Canelo...great.

I liked Cotto this fight. Not in a rematch though.

Cshel......make the Cotto Canelo fight.

Ha..nice. You're in ATL? Lemme see if theres some family out there. Maaan, ill invite you to the family reunion this year...its all good...just brumg something to drink and some dark shades

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 10 2012, 07:02 AM
Post #34

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I don't see a reason for a rematch. Cotto did exactly what I thought he should do. Establish the jab, try to bully Floyd, you can't outbox this guy. Cotto actually did try both, he tried to box with Floyd at the beginning rounds and was losing bad, then he switched to bullying him, then he tried to stick and move. He didn't do so bad when he tried to stick and move, it actually caught Floyd off guard. Cotto is solid but he's just not Floyd Mayweather. He's going to get beat again, whether its closer or more lopsided. For the people that constantly keep trying to go off puncher's chance... good luck!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 10 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #35

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Floyd has nothing to gain from a rematch. Cotto was at his best, and at best, won 4 rounds. Only thing Floyd would be doing is getting hit unnecessarily in a fight that is going to produce the same results. Even when Cotto was hitting Floyd, there was no point when I thought Floyd was in danger of getting KO'd. I personally think Floyd has proven enough. He shouldn't fight Martinez at 54. I think he should fight at 47. He's the P4P best in the sport. People should be coming to him! Letting him pick the ring size. Letting him pick the glove size and damn sure letting him have the upper hand with the purse. Michael Jordan never wore Harold Minor sneakers lol Remember that!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 10 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 9 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Ha..nice. You're in ATL? Lemme see if theres some family out there. Maaan, ill invite you to the family reunion this year...its all good...just brumg something to drink and some dark shades

Duly noted!

+Quote Post
Thickback
post May 10 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #37

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

I would like to see a rematch even though the result won't change. The difference is, IF Floyd in fact had an injured left hand then HE KO's Cotto in the rematch. Also, if he boxes Cotto instead of going toe to toe, Cotto's connect percentage will dwindle.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post May 10 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #38

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 10 2012, 12:21 PM) *
He's the P4P best in the sport. People should be coming to him! Letting him pick the ring size. Letting him pick the glove size and damn sure letting him have the upper hand with the purse. Michael Jordan never wore Harold Minor sneakers lol Remember that!

I agree in part. Floyd to me isnt the p4p best because he has only fought 6 times in 5yrs. Pac has fought anyone and everyone. That being said you cannot deny Floyds skill. With any other opponent other than Pac I would agree with you about Floyd, But Pac is the second biggest draw in the sport. So Although I have no problem with Floyd getting a larger share, Floyd getting all of the PPV revenue is unrealistic.

Put it like this, If Pac gets past Bradley, and Arum produces a contract in the post fight interview. Provides a copy to reporters, and has a signed copy faxed to Floyd with the following provisions, then Floyd looks scared as hell if he doesnt sign

1. Same ring size and glove size as the cotto/floyd fight, A Large venue reserved in Vegas. Olympic style testing done up until the day of the fight, let Floyd enter the ring last, and a 50/50 split.

If Arum made this move and in public stated now sign the fight Floyd or retire the "Chicken Shit" that we all know you are, Floyd would be between a rock and a hard place.

Now Let me be clear, I dont think Floyd or Pac are Cowards, I think they have huge egos, but a shrewd move like this from Arum would put Floyd on a hot seat his career would never recover from if he refused to sign.

Thats what I would do If I were Pacs promoter anyways, and a move like this might actually force the powers that be into making the fight

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 10 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ May 10 2012, 07:22 PM) *
Floyd would be between a rock and a hard place.

That wouldn't be the case then, and it surely isn't the case now. ARUM would be stuck between a rock and a hard place while thinking, "damn, I cant even guarantee my fighter $32M per fight, so how can I make this a 50/50 split?"

Im not sure why folks are overlooking this $32M guarantee that Floyd earned, which is the highest guaranteed purse in the history of the sport...there's no getting around that. If he can make that much without Manny, then there's not even a reason for him to look Manny's way, especially if he cant get the upside of the purse.

At this point, a 60/40 is fair. Why would Floyd fight Manny for anything less than 60/40, when he just made the highest boxing purse in the sport, while getting the lion's share of the split?

Again, Floyd doesn't get the bigger split in this potential fight, then we can finish kissing this fight goodbye. NOW, if Manny were to have made about $30M (guaranteed) in his last fight, then I would say that they need to do a 50/50. Let's be honest, if the greedy, senile, Jew is still breathing, then this shit wont happen. This mess has been done to death anyway, why are still discussing it?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 10 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ May 10 2012, 08:02 AM) *
I don't see a reason for a rematch. Cotto did exactly what I thought he should do. Establish the jab, try to bully Floyd, you can't outbox this guy. Cotto actually did try both, he tried to box with Floyd at the beginning rounds and was losing bad, then he switched to bullying him, then he tried to stick and move. He didn't do so bad when he tried to stick and move, it actually caught Floyd off guard. Cotto is solid but he's just not Floyd Mayweather. He's going to get beat again, whether its closer or more lopsided. For the people that constantly keep trying to go off puncher's chance... good luck!

i saw several things that worked for cotto. he definitely tried a lot of different stuff. i believe a rematch would be more exciting...but that's just me. i think they both have plenty of adjustments they can make. i just love seeing boxing on this level. i don't think there are any other challenges out there for floyd at 147 (he'll demolish pac). he'd have to give up serious size advantages against guys like martinez and canelo. i think he beats both.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:19 PM