IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT): Ward vs. Froch-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 18 2011, 01:35 AM
Post #71

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

Ward had a good fight. I felt that he could had knocked Froch down if he would of followed up with the big punches. When he hit Frich flush Ward backed off and then went after him. The body shots is what sealed the deal. Froch looked like a Margarito in this fight. Coming forward with no defense and getting dinged the entire doing it. His hands were down but I believe those body shots really hurt him. When Froch did come in Ward's hand speed was too much for him. He did not like getting popped so easily. Froch did not have a Plan B. He could not adjust and he gave up trying to cut off the ring. The ref did a good job by letting them fight on the inside. Joe Cortez I hope was taking notes. The end of the fight was funny, Froch had the look on his face like "This is some BS" the best part of that fight was Mrs. Ward's wedding ring! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a good fight. Maybe we will see Sergio vs. Andre? Or even Chavez Jr at 160? y
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 18 2011, 02:41 AM
Post #72

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think ward hurt his hand, at the end if the fight he started wincing when they took off his glove and the last two rounds he was trying not to throw as much.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 18 2011, 03:31 AM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

well with the name soldier of god its kind of hard to lose with god on your side

but all jokes aside i hope the world saw the skill difference between the two, its in leagues. maybe he'll move up after bute, fight dawson or hopkins winner. since whos left after that really? and i mean as a credible opponent.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 18 2011, 03:50 AM
Post #74

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had it 116-112 for Ward. Neither did anything big in the 12th, but I gave it to Ward. One of the press row guys had it 116-116 at the end. Strange. However, there were about three rounds where Ward took a vacation, but Froch did not capitalize enough (or couldn't.) in those rounds. Almost all of the first eight rounds was all Ward.

Jack

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 18 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #75

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 18 2011, 04:31 AM) *
well with the name soldier of god its kind of hard to lose with god on your side

but all jokes aside i hope the world saw the skill difference between the two, its in leagues. maybe he'll move up after bute, fight dawson or hopkins winner. since whos left after that really? and i mean as a credible opponent.

Son of God, that is wha SOG stands for.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 18 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I missed the Kell Brook bout. Did anyone catch it and if so, how did he look? I read the results on ringtv, but wanted to know how he looked in his victory.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 18 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #77

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 18 2011, 01:35 AM) *
The end of the fight was funny, Froch had the look on his face like "This is some BS"

Yes he did, GLADLY, he accepted the loss and gave Ward his kudos.

the best part of that fight was Mrs. Ward's wedding ring! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/picard-sigh.jpg)

Maybe we will see Sergio vs. Andre? Or even Chavez Jr at 160?

I doubt that Sergio would move up to fight Ward, because Sergio isn't really even a big MW. Anything can happen though, especially if the money is right. As far as a Chavez Jr. fight, not happenin'. Chavez could move up to 168 and fight Ward, but there's not much there for that fight.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 18 2011, 02:41 AM) *
I think ward hurt his hand, at the end if the fight he started wincing when they took off his glove and the last two rounds he was trying not to throw as much.

Good observation! I will have to check that out again...

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 18 2011, 03:50 AM) *
I had it 116-112 for Ward. Neither did anything big in the 12th, but I gave it to Ward. One of the press row guys had it 116-116 at the end. Strange. However, there were about three rounds where Ward took a vacation, but Froch did not capitalize enough (or couldn't.) in those rounds. Almost all of the first eight rounds was all Ward.

Jack

+1

Yeah, what was up with that 116-116???

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 18 2011, 11:04 AM) *
I missed the Kell Brook bout. Did anyone catch it and if so, how did he look? I read the results on ringtv, but wanted to know how he looked in his victory.

That fight wasn't televised of course, but I would have liked to see it, to see what the big fuss is about.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 18 2011, 01:29 PM
Post #78

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 17 2011, 08:55 PM) *
Trust me Noles...you're a sea hag magnet! They've already had their secret sea hag meeting, and they already know your whereabouts buddy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Im gonna need a sea hag report before the evening's over!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

Luckily, BW3 was emptier than Real Housewives of Atlanta mentor program. No hags on the premises!!!!!

Btw, was it me or did Froch seemed sluggish, slow and/or overtrained?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 18 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #79

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 18 2011, 01:29 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

Luckily, BW3 was emptier than Real Housewives of Atlanta mentor program. No hags on the premises!!!!!

Btw, was it me or did Froch seemed sluggish, slow and/or overtrained?

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/1317945799475.jpg)

I'll take your word for it in the meantime!

Froch was TIGHT and a bit confused the whole 12 rounds. Dude's shoulders were up to his ears, and he just couldn't relax to save his life. Overtrained? Quite possible. I could only hope that he didn't get out of character in training camp...just knowing that he knew what he was up against (skill wise).

When I heard them say that Froch's team does things in camp to make him feel like a "young 34", just gave me a clear indication that he could have possibly done too much...I was just too hesitant to put it out there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 18 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #80

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Froch looked nervous in general to me from intros to the closing bell. Frochs got too big of an ego as far as I can see. He was so committed to hanging his glove down by his crotch and tryin to protect the left side of his face ONLY with his shoulder to keep his typical pose and punch style goin.
He shoulda known he would have to tighten up his form after the 2nd round was over!

Either way. last night we saw how big of a gap separates Ward from Froch in the boxing game. I don't think the outcome coulda been any different, ward is leaps and bounds ahead of Froch

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 05:53 AM