IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is the old guard?, What the fuck has happened?
Mean Mister Must...
post Aug 18 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

I'm still here, though I don't post quite as often. The Mayweather-Pacquiao fans don't bother me. I'm actually enjoying their little battle. Same old arguments are being spouted off by both sides, and all the while I sit back and enjoy the show. I remember the old Btalk boards were like this, filled with DLH and Trinidad fans going at it. I missed them for a while, but now they are back. As fruity as it sounds, you guys should be making lemonade out of lemons, same as I'm doing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Aug 19 2011, 03:21 AM
Post #32

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

It's too easy to get banned these days and some of the people who've gone haven't really warranted that type of treatment. It's like the fuckin' gestapo have moved in. Who are the mods these days anyway? CEO is on an extended break, JD has disappeared....where did Rivado go? Used to enjoy the predictions league. Titlebelt ain't around either, Meth ain't a mod no more. Who else we got...um...black, yeah he still posts but is he still a mod?

I ain't too fussed by all the lame ass arguments about the same ol' topics day in day out cos it's on pretty much every board out there anyway. I'd just like to see a little bit more variation from the new posters because right now it seems like if Floyd and Pac retired they'd have nothing to say. What I've missed the most is the British forum.....that's been gone years now but it was the most varied forum in this place when it existed. Oh well, I don't post much these days anyway, I've kinda moved on to football boards and general boards elsewhere.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 19 2011, 03:46 AM
Post #33

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Maxy @ Aug 19 2011, 06:21 PM) *
It's too easy to get banned these days and some of the people who've gone haven't really warranted that type of treatment. It's like the fuckin' gestapo have moved in. Who are the mods these days anyway? CEO is on an extended break, JD has disappeared....where did Rivado go? Used to enjoy the predictions league. Titlebelt ain't around either, Meth ain't a mod no more. Who else we got...um...black, yeah he still posts but is he still a mod?

What moderating is done here? Even Jack is pretty much MIA these days.

For the record I have no problem with new members. I have a problem when some new members purely post on a certain subject or the subjects surrounding that first subject exclusively.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Aug 19 2011, 04:06 AM
Post #34

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 19 2011, 03:46 AM) *
What moderating is done here? Even Jack is pretty much MIA these days.

For the record I have no problem with new members. I have a problem when some new members purely post on a certain subject or the subjects surrounding that first subject exclusively.

Same here and that was my 2nd point as it goes. I don't reckon too much modding is needed tbh but sometimes I reckon fellas have been banned when it wasn't necessary. They've been wound up and eventually when they respond in an underhand manner they get kicked out. In their place are a bunch who only talk about one subject. I can't even be arsed to make a new thread cos I know it might get 2 or 3 replies and when I next visit the board I'll be confronted with the same ol' trash that dominates shit, not just here, but everywhere.

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Aug 19 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #35

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 931

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 18 2011, 02:19 PM) *
i'm new to this board...but have noticed a trend on all boards. the "good ol' days" seems to be a hot topic that comes up from time to time. i get it. ppl like to recall good times but i think u have to take action in creating new ones. there will always be plenty to talk about in boxing. also, alienating/belittling posters will always lead to driving ppl away who might actually add to conversation. there's no need to shit on a guy because he happens to have a different point of view or is less informed. this place can use more traffic, but i think if we keep the conversations respectful more ppl will be inclined to participate.

I agree. We don't need any trolls in here, but we also don't need any elitists either.

Also, what was up with that Team Fighthype crap? I never requested to 'join it' because I didn't really understand or care for it, but what kind of topics needed to be kept private? Seemed kind of silly.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Aug 19 2011, 04:23 AM
Post #36

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Aug 19 2011, 05:10 AM) *
I agree. We don't need any trolls in here, but we also don't need any elitists either.

Also, what was up with that Team Fighthype crap? I never requested to 'join it' because I didn't really understand or care for it, but what kind of topics needed to be kept private? Seemed kind of silly.

It fizzled out because nothing happened in there and even when topics were being discussed it was certainly nothing that needed to be kept private.

As for elitists I don't think there are any and I also don't think that is the point anyone is making either. I never look at post counts as a gauge of how good such and such a poster is. Doesn't matter shit if you've got 22,000 posts or 22 posts. Everyone likes to have a debate here but when its the same old song and dance routine month after month it gets tiresome.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 19 2011, 07:54 AM
Post #37

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 18 2011, 11:29 AM) *
I don't know if they've even old old guard but I would like to see Keith and Blaze around. Man, Blaze would've schooled some of these Floydiots with his knowledge.

At least Jonny's trainer still pops in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And where has Snoop been hiding lately?

Hiding out in Spain. Miss the board though. Be back in a couple of weeks.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 19 2011, 08:05 AM
Post #38

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 19 2011, 01:54 PM) *
Hiding out in Spain. Miss the board though. Be back in a couple of weeks.

Lucky bastard. Try the tapas.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 19 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #39

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 19 2011, 02:05 PM) *
Lucky bastard. Try the tapas.

You bet I am. I lived here 5 years ago and I love this country. Good to be back.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Aug 19 2011, 09:03 AM
Post #40

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

Damn, CEO don't post anymore. That dude was my bro, he was an official hater. He could haterize the shit out of someone. To be honest, boxing got boring, the story lines are like pro wrestling, and I realized what a jokebthe whole business is. Thats why I stopped posting, plus I got busy. I do miss ragging on caveman and Eugene about the canes though. Caveman, you are one crazy son of a bitch. And the Aussie contingent was always funny as fuck on here.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 04:02 PM