IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Maidana vs. Lopez-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
Franchize
post Jun 11 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #91

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:46 PM) *
did u see a thumb? was it shown on the replay?

Yea. Lara threw a combination and the right jab (the 1st punch in the combo) landed off to the side instead of flush. Therefore, only thing that landed was the inner of his hand (his thumb). It certainly didn't appear intentional though. The few intentional thumbing attempts I've seen are usually single shots. This was a quick combination. Really, Angulo's head was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Ironically, Angulo's eye looked like Lara's head vs Paul Williams. Just a nasty hematoma that hopefully doesn't cause any long term damage to the eye.

All in all, I enjoyed the fight. Both guys stuck to what they do best but also mixed in some subtle changes. My only real issue with Lara is, sometimes he's a little too cool out there (for lack of a better term). He's very mellow and I think in the instances where he was most laid back, Angulo, a pressure fighter, made him pay. I know you want to go out there and be relaxed, but at the same time, you can't have those mental lapses and let your guard down.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Jun 11 2013, 10:33 AM
Post #92

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Some of these guys really need to learn how to hold when they get hurt. That headhunter/no defense style is taking money out of their pockets.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 11 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #93

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Jun 11 2013, 10:33 AM) *
Some of these guys really need to learn how to hold when they get hurt. That headhunter/no defense style is taking money out of their pockets.

this...

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Jun 11 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #94

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

When Maidana was knocked down, wasnt he in the process of trying to hold and did not secure the arms properly and went down on a body shot?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 11 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #95

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Jun 11 2013, 11:33 AM) *

Maaaaan!!! Couldn't agree more. You haven't been around here long enough to know how much I hate when a professional fighter refuses to take a knee when hurt, or like you said, learn refuses to hold. Smh. I mean that absolutely burns me up man.

Not only does it take money out of the fighter's pocket, but it eats away at my pockets when I bet in favor of them. That $150 that I bet on Lopez, was a buss. I'm currently eating Oogles & Noodles with a candle lit, while posting...man, losing that $150 set me back, big time.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:22 PM