Guests cannot vote 
daprofessor
post Jan 15 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 14 2013, 10:47 PM) *
Burns(WBO Lightweight Champion from scottland. Former WBO Superfeather weight champ. Broner wanted to fight him for his WBO title at 130 but Burns wasnt ready and vacated the title to move up to 135. He's a brawler/warrior. He has a nice following in the U.K.) Vs. Katsidis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2HbDTS4KHk

Burns Vs. Mitchell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sISQn6xF1rc

Vazquez(Mexican IBF Mxican Lightweight champion. Very awkward style but not an exciting fighter. His only loses are to Alvarez at 140&147 and to Bradley at 140. He fought 4 times last year and has been defending his title since 2010.) Vs. Prescott:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfxzXfm7Yw

i remember vasquez. i missed his fight against the overrated filipino. not surprised he beat him. i like vasquez despite his connection with capetillo and margarito.

burns i've never seen before. looks to be solid. should be an interesting fight. i love burns' jab.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 15 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 14 2013, 10:54 PM) *
Yea, burns also has the hometown advantage. Smart move. Burns is raising his stock before fighting Broner. A win against Vazquez would be great for him and would further solidify his standing as a light weight. Broner is the favorite in the division but he hasn't yet accomplished what burns has or will if Burns beats Vazquez. I'd love to see Broner Vs. Abril in the meantime should Abril win his upcoming 135 WBA title fight. Everyone is so keen on Broner moving up to 140 but 135 has so many great fights and styles to be matched. 135 is a great division. And honestly i think its time to start unifying titles again... Its time for there t be an undisputed champion again.

i'm not so sure how much his stock would be raised in beating vazquez...he's not very well known. from the footage i just saw...i think it's a pretty even fight so a win isn't guaranteed. broner eats both of these guys up easily. they're both too predictable and basic.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jan 15 2013, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Hell no! I dont even want to see Vazquez EVER fight again. The 3 times that I've seen him fight, I've requested my time back. That runs to end, and he's boring as shit.

I'd much rather see Broner/Abril than the Burns fight, or a Vazquez fight. Vazquez needs to engage more during fights. I believe in fighting a smart fight, but his performance against Gesta literally sucked the life out of me on that Pac/JMM 4 undercard.

Hell, had I had company that night, everybody would've left the house, based on the boredom from the Vazquez/Gesta bout.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Jan 15 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2013, 02:59 PM) *
Hell no! I dont even want to see Vazquez EVER fight again. The 3 times that I've seen him fight, I've requested my time back. That runs to end, and he's boring as shit.

I'd much rather see Broner/Abril than the Burns fight, or a Vazquez fight. Vazquez needs to engage more during fights. I believe in fighting a smart fight, but his performance against Gesta literally sucked the life out of me on that Pac/JMM 4 undercard.

Hell, had I had company that night, everybody would've left the house, based on the boredom from the Vazquez/Gesta bout.

He is a boring fighter. Hopefully Broner Abril gets made, i thibk team Abril had mentioned the fight being 80% done but idk what happened. Abril has an interesting style.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 15 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 15 2013, 04:34 PM) *
He is a boring fighter. Hopefully Broner Abril gets made, i thibk team Abril had mentioned the fight being 80% done but idk what happened. Abril has an interesting style.

Yea that fights off. Now broner is fighting some dude I've never heard if and last I heard of abril he was back to calling out brandon at any weight class

+Quote Post
fightscoreollect...
post Jan 16 2013, 06:18 AM
Post #16

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,394

DaProfessor go on youtube and serch for Burns vs Rocky Martinez, i still think it was Burns best win

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 16 2013, 09:02 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 15 2013, 03:51 PM) *
i'm not so sure how much his stock would be raised in beating vazquez...he's not very well known. from the footage i just saw...i think it's a pretty even fight so a win isn't guaranteed. broner eats both of these guys up easily. they're both too predictable and basic.

I agree with you here, vasquez latest wins were against prospects that were trying to take the easy route to a title. And burns latest win of note was against a now should be retired semi punching bag in a blown up katsidids (no offense to the guy he's awesome to watch but he shouldn't be in a ring). Broner would just walk them down and counter the fuck out of them.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:36 AM