IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Many Times Has Mayweather Been Down From A Slip or a Punch?, As a Pro?
SylentKnghtz
post Feb 7 2014, 04:42 AM
Post #21

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 6 2014, 04:53 PM) *
Didn't Judah have him down? But it was counted as a slip. Mosley had Floyd the most hurt I have seen in that second round, but didn't follow up. I still think it almost looked like he was paid not to follow up. I am not saying he was, but it just looked like Shane was a little too nice in there. (After round 2.)

Jack

THATS EXACLTY WHAT I SAID... Specially with the way Mosley called out Floyd on the ring.... looked like it was played out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Feb 7 2014, 04:44 AM
Post #22

Amateur

Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 6 2014, 06:12 PM) *
I was referring to the knee he took due to a shoulder injury during a fight...wasn't suggesting it was as a result from Castillo or whomever it was he was fighting at the time.

yeah it was with Castillo... but didnt count then, doesnt count with me, Castillo didn't cause the "knock down"

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 7 2014, 08:50 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Floyd's glove touched the canvas and Lamply and Merchant went ape shit because the ref didn't call it a knock down. That was a good fight. The HBO announcers were conflicted because they hated both fighters. I remember Chop Chop checked Floyd's chin and it buckled him. Of course Shane Mosley and Augustus Emmanuel hurt a few times. But his ass never touched the canvas and that's because he is too chicken to fight GGG, Pacman, Lara, and Thurman. He get dropped if he ever did.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 7 2014, 09:28 AM
Post #24

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 7 2014, 08:50 AM) *
Floyd's glove touched the canvas and Lamply and Merchant went ape shit because the ref didn't call it a knock down. That was a good fight. The HBO announcers were conflicted because they hated both fighters. I remember Chop Chop checked Floyd's chin and it buckled him. Of course Shane Mosley and Augustus Emmanuel hurt a few times. But his ass never touched the canvas and that's because he is too chicken to fight GGG, Pacman, Lara, and Thurman. He get dropped if he ever did.

Lmao... and you are so sure of that... and the Corley shot was a temple shot the same shot that had Cotto on queer street

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Feb 7 2014, 09:29 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 7 2014, 09:30 AM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

He took a knee vs Hernandez. You could say Judah knocked him down. He had an off balanced slip vs Hatton.

The most punishment I've seen him take was vs Burton/Augustus (whatever his name was at the time). Shane had that one round of glory then proceeded to get his ass whooped. He got hit a lot vs Cotto because he decided to mix it up with him almost all night for whatever reason. While his face was bloodied, Floyd was also sick before that fight according to many people including him. If you look in the first few rounds, he was slapping away the water from Roger because he couldn't breath through his nose. Rafael was wiping snot away all night. So when Cotto bloodied his nose from those nicely placed jabs he landed, the mucus mixed with the blood made it look even worse.

Chop Chop and Sharmba rocked him which seemed to actually invigorate Floyd somehow because he went apeshit on them afterwards. He also got hit with some flush stuff early vs Chavez. That was the most punches I've seen Floyd throw. He was almost all offense. Chavez landed some stuff on Floyd when he was against the ropes but ultimately, he was too slow and too short and Floyd was landing at will.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 7 2014, 09:34 AM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

This thread is already at its 3rd page but the other threads that are dealing with some serious shizz barely break the 2 mark. Damn the guy is good...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Feb 7 2014, 09:57 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 7 2014, 10:16 AM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 6 2014, 10:01 PM) *
Had that fight in dvr for months ...no trip...Ricky actually hit em wit a good shot ...if he hadn't of stumbled back the way he did Ricky could've did damage on a follow up barrage.

Hell no it wasn't no trip. I say to the ones who believe he "tripped" what Frazier said about Ali in their first fight

"He said he slipped, what he slip on?.....He slipped on that hook"

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 7 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 7 2014, 06:28 AM) *
Lmao... and you are so sure of that... and the Corley shot was a temple shot the same shot that had Cotto on queer street

In the fight Corley fight their was a punch he hit Floyd square on the chin and Floyd walked through it, now the temple shot I have to go back and look, but you are probably right because when they interviewed after the fight he was a little woozy.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 7 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 7 2014, 06:30 AM) *
He took a knee vs Hernandez. You could say Judah knocked him down. He had an off balanced slip vs Hatton.

The most punishment I've seen him take was vs Burton/Augustus (whatever his name was at the time). Shane had that one round of glory then proceeded to get his ass whooped. He got hit a lot vs Cotto because he decided to mix it up with him almost all night for whatever reason. While his face was bloodied, Floyd was also sick before that fight according to many people including him. If you look in the first few rounds, he was slapping away the water from Roger because he couldn't breath through his nose. Rafael was wiping snot away all night. So when Cotto bloodied his nose from those nicely placed jabs he landed, the mucus mixed with the blood made it look even worse.

Chop Chop and Sharmba rocked him which seemed to actually invigorate Floyd somehow because he went apeshit on them afterwards. He also got hit with some flush stuff early vs Chavez. That was the most punches I've seen Floyd throw. He was almost all offense. Chavez landed some stuff on Floyd when he was against the ropes but ultimately, he was too slow and too short and Floyd was landing at will.

I think Oscar caught him with a good shot. Usually when someone hurts Floyd he becomes an animal. Just like Brother Naz said, he grows a dragon's tail and he goes all out. He fought Chavez in his home state if I am not mistaken, that fight was a little harder then what most expected. It was a good fight either way.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 8 2014, 02:26 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 10:16 AM) *
Hell no it wasn't no trip. I say to the ones who believe he "tripped" what Frazier said about Ali in their first fight

"He said he slipped, what he slip on?.....He slipped on that hook"

Lmao

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:36 AM