mrchitown
post May 18 2013, 01:51 AM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 17 2013, 03:16 PM) *
It's a duck by floyd plain and simple theres no argument

Did this dumbass really just quote himself right after posting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 18 2013, 01:56 AM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 17 2013, 08:46 AM) *
Yeap!!! THE MOTHERFUCKER scraped out a victory in his last fight... he needs to shut the fuck up he and his team and find out (REALLY THINK) how they can make money outside of salivating to fight MAYWEATHER, the highest paid athlete in sports who wins EMPHATICALLY every time out!!!

Floyd and Canelo will fight eventually and I believe it'll be sooner rather then later because Canelo really should be fighting at 160 right now. He just hasn't done anything that impresses me to make me think he should be posturing in negotiations the way he and his team are. I think it's more the people around him then Canelo himself. Listen to the interviews his manager gives and it's like a Canelo blow fest. I think Canelo is an exciting fighter and he did some good things in the Trout fight but I still think he lost and he needs to fight more boxers in his own division instead of trying to yet again get someone to move up to face him...no one wants to talk about that, they just want to keep saying Floyd is unreasonable but they had no problem when he fought Lopez who is a blown up junior welter

+Quote Post
duwdu
post May 18 2013, 04:04 AM
Post #43

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 11:36 PM) *
Bradley couldn't deal with Pac's speed. He would have a really hard time with Mayweather. I think Bradley is an easy UD victory for Mayweather....EASY.

What Pac speed? Bradley was unmarked in that fight, despite Pac's vaunted speed, and he (Bradley) wasn't running; he was just making Pac miss like he'll or throw punches that were mostly short of their intended targets. To me, Bradley showed that Pacquiao would always look like shyt against an elite defensive fighter. Pacquiao is an elite, exciting fighter, but give him an elite defensive fighter who is also a superb counterpuncher and.... You get the drift.

I agree though that Bradley will be a straight UD for Mayweather.

P34c3

P34c3

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 18 2013, 05:34 AM
Post #44

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 10:51 PM) *
Did this dumbass really just quote himself right after posting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Why do I have to be a dumbass though? It's funny seeing these guys get that Internet courage aight bro don't get mad lets keep it boxing. its a duck straight out. He has a title at 154 and now he wants a guy to come down to 147 which we know is impossible. Don't be a flomo, straight up I'm a Floyd fan and its a duck bro it just shows that Floyd doesn't care about his fans and the sport of boxing just his $$. The PAC fight didn't happen he needs to make this fight which I believe will happen just not now. Lets just keep it real he see Canelo as a threat that's why this fight won't be made. It just seems like a lot of these flomos are fans of Floyd and not the sport of boxing, more into Floyd keeping his 0 more then the fights that we all know we want to see.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 18 2013, 08:58 AM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 18 2013, 01:23 AM) *
Are you trolling?

Really because the scorecards say otherwise.

Bradley is a really smart fighter Idk where you guys get off dissing a legit dude like him.

he chose to fight the way he did against ruslan cause he wanted to please his fans. If you guys are just gonna judge the dude off that fight its pretty hard to take you serious at all as knowledgeable fans

You sound like a casual fan pointing to the scorecards. Every reasonable person that watched the fight had Pac winning. Now some Pac haters on here will change their story and say that Bradley won because they hate Pac but outside of those people everyone knew Pac was the better man. Bradley vs Mayweather is an easy win for Floyd.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post May 18 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #46

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 10:56 AM) *
147 is reasonable for a guy who shouldn't even be fighting at 154?

simple question, if Floyd is a champ at 154 and is on record saying that weight don't win fights and that he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can't he fight canelo at 154? i want somebody to answer that without mentioning Floyd's money or Canelo's lack of accomplishments. irrelevant to the question. if it's because canelo is too big, that goes against everything Floyd has ever said.

I dont think the 154 lb weight is an issue for Floyd. He is looking at an opponent who could easily be 175 lbs on fight night when he has never made the 154 lb limit. Twenty plus lbs is a lot to give up. To be honest, I dont think Canelo could make a fight night limit of less than 10 lbs re-hydration weight.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 18 2013, 09:13 AM
Post #47

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 18 2013, 02:41 AM) *
What I'm saying as far as demand is that his head is full of hot air and he hasn't earned the right in my opinion to attempt to dictate terms. Name who he has beaten because I see a few of you on here who rally for Canelo like he's the red headed Jesus. Quick, name his stellar list of opposition lol...He fought Trout and many people including myself felt he lost that fight

What has he done to warrant the fight? I ridiculed Guerrero on here about his opposition to getting a Floyd fight, and I think he deseved it more then Canelo. I don't give him credit for beating up on fighters who are junior welters and lightweights. He stepped up and fought a natural 54lber and I felt he lost. 147 is unreasonable and I do believe they will fight at 154 but I don't think that Canelo will be allowed to re-hydrate up to 172lbs. He's going to have to take it how it's given to him or step. When your the boss you call the shots, I see it's a lot of employees on here so I'll leave it alone

Let's get this out of the way. I agree that Canelo can not dictate terms. I agree with you on that. Let's move on to the point we seem to disagree on.

How is a 154 pound fighter not being able to fight at 147 "dictating terms"? He literally can't drop down to 147. Floyd's camp making that request isn't reasonable. Now I can agree with a CW fight if Canelo can get down to 151 or 150 but in the past Mayweather said that he would never do a CW fight. I don't know if Mayweather would be up for that.

As far as what he has done to warrant the fight, he is coming off of a huge win over a very good Austin Trout. Canelo is a big/strong 154 pound fighter with really good power and quick hands. Is that enough? I think so considering Floyd's last fight was with a guy who had only beaten Andre Berto. When you look at the resume of fighters like Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero then you can understand why Canelo's resume might be enough.

Saying that Canelo has to take what's given to him is silly if Canelo physically can't do it. Floyd can't call the shots on something Canelo can't do. If Floyd is making such an unreasonable request, the only thing I can think of is that he doesn't really want the fight.

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 18 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #48

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Technically Canelo is in the right, because it's harder to come down in weight than it is to move up in weight. Floyd has fought at 154 before, and has a 154 title, for him to demand the fight at 147 makes no sense.

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 18 2013, 08:58 AM) *
You sound like a casual fan pointing to the scorecards. Every reasonable person that watched the fight had Pac winning. Now some Pac haters on here will change their story and say that Bradley won because they hate Pac but outside of those people everyone knew Pac was the better man. Bradley vs Mayweather is an easy win for Floyd.

I'll say this again, I am not a fan of Pac as I used to be because of all the bullshit fights they've set up for him, but going in to the fight I thought Pac was going to win, but scored the fight for Bradley, though I thought it was a very close fight. I really don't understand what fight people were watching. Were you guys just watching Pacquiao the whole time? You have to look at both fighters and see who's controlling the fight with Clean Punching, Effective Aggressiveness, Ring Generalship, and Defense. All those criteria matter. At moments where Pacquiao is throwing flurries and missing because of Bradley's defense, then you score that little session in favor for Bradley. It's really that simple.

This post has been edited by sduck: May 18 2013, 09:44 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 18 2013, 11:41 AM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 08:06 PM) *
why you so mad? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

check my post history. i've never said one thing about canelo before this thread. i was at the alamodome cheering for austin trout.

i'm a boxing fan who wants to see good fights. and this is one. mayweather vs. khan, alexander or anybody else on golden boy's roster is a joke. i don't even think canelo would win. but it's the best fight and i want to see it. unlike you, i have enough faith in mayweather to beat canelo at ANY weight.

bradley would get killed by floyd or canelo. the man just went life and death with a espn fighter. and is about to get schooled by marquez. plus, that fight is not even possible. you wasting time even thinking about it.

Dude I am not mad I just do not understand how you think. Bradley is a good fighter, just because he doesn't have a sexy style does not mean he isn't a good fighter. Last time I checked he was undefeated and get this he has damn near cleaned out his division unlike Red Head. I hope Canelo could beat a jr. welter weight that is how he has made his career wins. I have faith Mayweather can win as well but it isn't fair for Saul to say that he won't consider a catch weight or moving down when he has made me people from two weight divisions below him come up and fight, it is bullshit! He has done nothing to dictate terms of anything. Bradley can adjust in the ring unlike Saul. You are looking at hype with Saul and not skill. Mayweather vs. Khan is a good fight to you? and you laughed at Bradley vs, Mayweather... I am done.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 10:49 PM) *
I'm not talking about his money, Mayweather has faced the better opposition and put the work in to get to where he's at. Boss employee, there's a difference whether you realize it or not. What has canelo done to gain this shot at a Mayweather fight? If you want to give credit for Canelo beating up on little guys then go ahead because I don't. He stepped up and fought Trout and I thought he lost. And when did Floyd say he wants him at 147 because I can't find that quote. I know his father said it but truthfully until I hear Floyd jr come out and say it then I aint buying it.

Most of what we've heard so far has been from Canelo's camp..I believe they'll fight at 154 and soon because Canelo is busting out of that division quickly. He's going to have to rumble with the MW's soon and he should be fighting them now truthfully. I don't agree that him allegedly saying they fight at 147 is his way of saying he don't want to fight, that's an opinion not a fact

But I find it funny how most people want to see Mayweather challenged want him to fight fuckin light heavy's. They should just say they want to see him lose and get it over with

Chi I swear I hate talking to people about Saul I really do. he isn't impressive at all. He has improved but come on. Good post.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 18 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 18 2013, 05:34 AM) *
Why do I have to be a dumbass though? It's funny seeing these guys get that Internet courage aight bro don't get mad lets keep it boxing. its a duck straight out. He has a title at 154 and now he wants a guy to come down to 147 which we know is impossible. Don't be a flomo, straight up I'm a Floyd fan and its a duck bro it just shows that Floyd doesn't care about his fans and the sport of boxing just his $$. The PAC fight didn't happen he needs to make this fight which I believe will happen just not now. Lets just keep it real he see Canelo as a threat that's why this fight won't be made. It just seems like a lot of these flomos are fans of Floyd and not the sport of boxing, more into Floyd keeping his 0 more then the fights that we all know we want to see.

1. because it's stupid to quote yourself

2. your the one getting tough, did I threaten you I just said you were a dumbass, I guess I'm supposed to fear you because your upset I called you a dumbass on the internet now I'm an internet tough guy. Thatt's your opinion though. I just feel quoting yourself is dumb so I called you a dumbass..take it for what it is...don't be all in your feelings

You haven't been on this board long enough to be calling people Flomo's...and it's plenty fans of the sport of Boxing on this board. Me included....just because someone doesn't share your sentiments doesn't make them Flomo's

I think the fight will happen just like you but I think it'll happen later as opposed to being in September. I don't personally see Canelo as a big threat to Floyd outside of a weight advantage, but he is the biggest money fight for Floyd and that's why I don't see it happening this year. I'm not into the whole ducking bullshit because idiots throw that word around so casually it's more of a punchline these days

I would be shocked if this fight took place in September but I won't be surprised if it happens in September 2014...Canelo is busting out of the division and this fight has an expiration date on it because of that

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 12:53 PM