IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Angulo vs. Kirkland-Preview and Poll, This Will Be Explosive!
Angulo vs. Kirkland
Who Wins?
Angulo by TKO/KO [ 9 ] ** [64.29%]
Kirkland by TKO/KO [ 5 ] ** [35.71%]
Angulo by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Kirkland by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Angulo by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Kirkland by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Jack 1000
post Oct 30 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Can anyone think of a better, more explosive fight than these two bangers who will meet in Mexico next weekend on HBO!? Does this really come down to who lands first, because the other one may not recover? I just hope we don't get a too quick stoppage! Vote in the poll and comment!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 30 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My pick is Angulo by KO in 4 after getting stunned himself early. This fight really is a 50/50, and could come down to who lands first. It is unlikely to see a 5th round and that is a kind estimate. The bi-line for this match should read, "Don't Blink!"

Jack

+Quote Post
Praximo
post Oct 30 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,780

Angulo by 3rd round KO. I feel that Angulo has more power than Kirkland and a better chin as well, therefore, I don't see Kirkland walking down Angulo at all so he better jab and clinge like Cintron did, but then again Cintron had the height and reach advantage to escape from Angulo.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 30 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

I can't even call it. I'm hoping for a brutal fight. These guys have been on a collision course for a while now. May the best fighter win in that night.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 30 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Both of these guys have somewhat of a sloppy style, but Angulo's is a bit more consistent...so I give it to Angulo. Im comparing both of their performances against Joel Julio, and Angulo looked better, though Kirkland got him outta there earlier. Julio gave both of them all he had left, and Kirkland didn't look that great...he was rocked serveral times for coming in head first and failing to keep his hand up throughout the fight, though he didn't look hurt. Angulo on the other hand, worked behind his decent jab and utilized his defense by keeping his hands up and not taking unnecessary punches.

I believe that Angulo made better adjustments after his loss, because he got outboxed and outgunned, which Im sure has helped him tighten his technique after watching the tape. Kirkland on the other hand, was exposed BIG TIME for of course coming in head first and failing to utilize his defense (or lack there of), then he got knocked out by a feather-fisted fighter, who really wasn't supposed to win...especially by TKO. So yes, Kirkland is that much more vulnerable because of the knockout to a guy with no power, and he has to prove that his technique is up to par.

If Angulo can avoid or take some of Kirkland's shots, then he has the ability to go the distance, but I have him winning it by TKO under 7 rounds.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 30 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

Angulo is tough and is going to keep coming, working hard all night. I see it for Angulo but anything can happen in boxing.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 30 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I picked angulo by ko, I feel the way to beat angulo is to outbox him. He is better technically and I think kirkland.is wide open for shots and can't take them as well as angulo

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 31 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 30 2011, 08:16 PM) *
If Angulo can avoid or take some of Kirkland's shots, then he has the ability to go the distance, but I have him winning it by TKO under 7 rounds.

agreed...

but i dont see him holding up to the power...

hellova scrap though.. cant wait

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 31 2011, 01:26 AM) *
agreed...

but i dont see him holding up to the power...

hellova scrap though.. cant wait

Yeah man! I almost didn't know who to pick, but like I said, both of them have somewhat sloppy styles, has KO power, and doesn't take a punch as good...so that makes for a toss up, a great one! I just Angulo based off both of their performances to Julio. Angulo lost a pretty good fight to Cintron, though he got outgunned most of the fight...but Kirkland lost a devastating fight thats always gonna leave him with a question mark by his name.

The sad part is, if he comes back and beats Ishida to a bloody pulp, it wont prove anything at all, thats what made that loss so devastating. As bad as Cintron looks nowadays, Angulo could still come back and beat him and get some sort of credit for it...being the fact that Cintron is still considered a top contender for a title, lol.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 31 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 30 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Can anyone think of a better, more explosive fight than these two bangers who will meet in Mexico next weekend on HBO!? Does this really come down to who lands first, because the other one may not recover? I just hope we don't get a too quick stoppage! Vote in the poll and comment!

I'm going to have to go with the consensus and say Angulo, but if not for me being such a sheep, I'd say that it's 50/50. The addition of Peter Quillin vs. Craig McEwan makes a good card even more interesting.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 02:18 PM