Cshel86
post Mar 8 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #71

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 8 2013, 06:45 PM) *
I regret nothing haha

A heartless road warrior you are. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 8 2013, 07:24 PM) *
I am not looking at what Mayweather did. I expect that from May, he is going to do him. What I did have a problem with is you already landed the fight. You have the fight booked up, Guerrero talked so much shit within the last weeks about Floyd. Saying he is going to humble him and make him a permanent corner man. How he beats women and how he dodges opponents that threaten his 0. This is great shit talking but the moment you get in front of the man you are suppose to humble you have shit to say! Do not say shit about someone if you can not say it to his face. That is my only point. Don't talk shit like you have a big dick and then turn around and just stay quiet. If you can talk shit on his twitter page and give these great quotes throughout the weeks but when the moment of truth comes you freeze. At least he could of told May to shut the fuck up. That would of been great. Guerrero lost all my respect and the little he had is gone. Again it wasn't what May said it is how Guerrero did not back up his big boy talk.

Again...there IS a fight on May 4th. If Guerrero's lost all of your respect after only a 2 minute video, then dont give Floyd ANY credit for his win on May 4th....IF he happens to win.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 8 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #72

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 8 2013, 08:24 PM) *
I am not looking at what Mayweather did. I expect that from May, he is going to do him. What I did have a problem with is you already landed the fight. You have the fight booked up, Guerrero talked so much shit within the last weeks about Floyd. Saying he is going to humble him and make him a permanent corner man. How he beats women and how he dodges opponents that threaten his 0. This is great shit talking but the moment you get in front of the man you are suppose to humble you have shit to say! Do not say shit about someone if you can not say it to his face. That is my only point. Don't talk shit like you have a big dick and then turn around and just stay quiet. If you can talk shit on his twitter page and give these great quotes throughout the weeks but when the moment of truth comes you freeze. At least he could of told May to shut the fuck up. That would of been great. Guerrero lost all my respect and the little he had is gone. Again it wasn't what May said it is how Guerrero did not back up his big boy talk.

actions speak louder than words. they fight on may 4th. let's see what happens. it would be foolish to fight outside the ring. if he doesn't show up for the fight then what you are saying is valid....but if he comes to fight...well, expect something different.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 8 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #73

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 8 2013, 09:25 PM) *

Again...there IS a fight on May 4th. If Guerrero's lost all of your respect after only a 2 minute video, then dont give Floyd ANY credit for his win on May 4th....IF he happens to win.

exactly!

+Quote Post
Thebruntje
post Mar 9 2013, 06:51 AM
Post #74

Amateur

Member No.: 13,529

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 8 2013, 11:23 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Man, this Mayweather hero complex is making me like Guerrero...only in this fight though. Lol. You had me siding with Bradley for the Pacquiao fight, but Im not sure Guerrero will ever win me over. Lol

Guerrero did JUST what he needed to do...talk shit and land the fight. I'm sure he doesn't wanna mess up his check by slapping Floyd, which Floyd makes anybody wanna do. Had he remained quiet, then we wouldn't be here discussing Mayweather/Guerrero.

Cotto only got Floyd's "respect", because he had been beaten to death twice before the fight. No way in hell Floyd was gonna go on record and say how much of a bum Cotto was, that would only make Floyd look bad for taking the fight. Instead, he called Margarito out for being a cheater, and basically called Manny a "doper", but decided to use the catchweight issue instead.

Some of you Floyd fans are just happy to hear ANYTHING from Floyd, period. You guys hear that crap, amplify it, and run with it. Yall are puffing out yall's chest and saying how cool Mayweather was, and how much of a loser Guerrero was for not saying much in return, as if there isn't a freakin' fight coming up on May 4th.

Of course Robert was gonna talk big shit to Broner, who DOESN'T hate that little cunt? You can be as quiet as church mouse and have never talked smack to anybody, but daffy duck Broner will bring the worst out of anybody.

Mayweather/Gatti II?! Pfffft. Didn't some of yall mofos say the same shit about Mayweather/Cotto when it was signed? Everybody thought Miguel was done, then dude went in there and put some rounds in the bank and had some Floyd fans worried. ANY other time, guys will dispute judges score cards, but as soon as they heard "10 rounds to 2", they ran with it...knowing damn well that Floyd lost more than two rounds and the fight was looking close.

NOW, the Victor Ortiz face-off told a lot about what was to come. They actually had a mediator in that situation. Here, it was random and unexpected, so I can see why Robert wasn't able to say much.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I would go as far as saying that he has the gift of gab, maybe not how Ali (who hurt guys' feelings) or Mayorga (who made guys wanna fight him) did, but he can pretty much do it on command. Reading this post reminded me of your story about the drunken guy who started something with you one night, and you damn near beat him senseless and got arrested because of the lying girlfriend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Some people were indeed saying the same shit when Mayweather-Cotto was signed, but I never agreed with it ! Those who compared Cotto to Gatti were actually using that argument to call Mayweather a cherry picker, and were also understimating Cotto! Cotto has been beating the shit out of a lot of guys, and his resume is far superior to Guerrero's ! I do think the Mayweather-Cotto was a lot closer than the official judge's score card, but i have the same opinion about the Cotto-Trout fight, the score cards of that fight were a joke! Trout didn't dominate Cotto, he just used his size advantage to outbox Cotto, but he wasn't even able to hurt Cotto while being the bigger man in the ring!

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 9 2013, 08:17 AM
Post #75

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

guererro is not good enough to win period. even being allowed to be dirty he struggled with Berto who was out almost two years... nothing guererro has done points to him being able to beat Floyd.. he will get a nice payday and thank the lord he was born mexican after his loss. His only chance is if Floyd is injured or very ill...

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 9 2013, 08:21 AM
Post #76

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Interesting takes from everyone. I'll be honest, upon first viewing, it was entertaining to me. However, after reading so many novice psychologists here, I decided to go back and dissect it. The result: I don't know what to make of it. I like to see Floyd talk'n shit, b/c, IMO, aside from boxing, that is what he does best. He's in his realm. As far as Guerrero is concerned, I don't think this is his element (the face to face, over the top, shit talk'n arena) per se, but never mind that, he's earned himself a date w/ the Coup de grace of shit talkers. I think as the interviews ensue and Fight Camp 360 starts, he'll grow into that a bit more and will seem more comfortable in that role. Now, this Guerrero vs. Broner thing, I find it funny, b/c I think many of us here are overlooking, Guerrero is actually filling the part of Broner, a lil' bit. I mean, I don't think Broner intended on Guerrero stepping to him like that, no? I don't think RG was fully expecting Floyd to go 0-60 right then and there. Maybe he was slightly de-shelved, may be he is exactly what he is: a better fighter, than he is a talker. Who knows?

Now, the May/Cotto comparison in giving insight to the May/RG fight needs to stop. Cotto has fought that absolute best for years and has LITERALLY been hit w/ the freak'n kitchen sink and has YET to go out on his back. Yes, his fights have been stopped (one he took a touchback), but never has he been "sun bathing". No disrespect to RG, but the top dawgs on his resume include...... Exactly. Cotto took those shots, b/c Cotto has banged w/ the best of the last few years and Floyd doesn't have that those "one hitters". I'm not saying Floyd will KO him or even win, for that matter, but what I'm saying, Floyd's seen RGs before, but do you really think RG has seen (more importantly, FOUGHT) anything like a "Floyd" before (No, professor and CShel, Berto's cerebral palsy-like version of the Philly shell/a.k.a. Mayweather shoulder roll doesn't count..lol)?

I think we all need to relax on the arm chair analysis and let's see something more from these two, before we dissect them from here to high Heaven.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 9 2013, 09:02 AM
Post #77

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

[quote name='bnoles4life' date='Mar 9 2013, 08:21 AM' post='575227']
, but what I'm saying, Floyd's seen RGs before, but do you really think RG has seen (more importantly, FOUGHT) anything like a "Floyd" before (No, professor and CShel, Berto's cerebral palsy-like version of the Philly shell/a.k.a. Mayweather shoulder roll doesn't count..lol)?

PLAIN AND SIMPLE... Floyd has seen and fought Guerrero types before. I recall Gatti afterwards commenting on how people underestimate the difficulty of fighting Mayyweather and his upper body movement.. grabbing and holding is not going to as easy as it was a laid off berto

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 9 2013, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 9 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #78

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 9 2013, 08:21 AM) *
Interesting takes from everyone. I'll be honest, upon first viewing, it was entertaining to me. However, after reading so many novice psychologists here, I decided to go back and dissect it. The result: I don't know what to make of it. I like to see Floyd talk'n shit, b/c, IMO, aside from boxing, that is what he does best. He's in his realm. As far as Guerrero is concerned, I don't think this is his element (the face to face, over the top, shit talk'n arena) per se, but never mind that, he's earned himself a date w/ the Coup de grace of shit talkers. I think as the interviews ensue and Fight Camp 360 starts, he'll grow into that a bit more and will seem more comfortable in that role. Now, this Guerrero vs. Broner thing, I find it funny, b/c I think many of us here are overlooking, Guerrero is actually filling the part of Broner, a lil' bit. I mean, I don't think Broner intended on Guerrero stepping to him like that, no? I don't think RG was fully expecting Floyd to go 0-60 right then and there. Maybe he was slightly de-shelved, may be he is exactly what he is: a better fighter, than he is a talker. Who knows?

Now, the May/Cotto comparison in giving insight to the May/RG fight needs to stop. Cotto has fought that absolute best for years and has LITERALLY been hit w/ the freak'n kitchen sink and has YET to go out on his back. Yes, his fights have been stopped (one he took a touchback), but never has he been "sun bathing". No disrespect to RG, but the top dawgs on his resume include...... Exactly. Cotto took those shots, b/c Cotto has banged w/ the best of the last few years and Floyd doesn't have that those "one hitters". I'm not saying Floyd will KO him or even win, for that matter, but what I'm saying, Floyd's seen RGs before, but do you really think RG has seen (more importantly, FOUGHT) anything like a "Floyd" before (No, professor and CShel, Berto's cerebral palsy-like version of the Philly shell/a.k.a. Mayweather shoulder roll doesn't count..lol)?

I think we all need to relax on the arm chair analysis and let's see something more from these two, before we dissect them from here to high Heaven.

Good post man. Nailed it, especially the part about cotto.

I mean its good for Robert that he got his fight and his big pay day but let's be real, who the fuck has this guy beat? I'm surprised people were semi convinced Floyd was ducking him! His most impressive win/opponent was against katsidids! If (big if) Floyd is still in old form this shit is gonna light work slight work as wale would say.

But I do think he is gonna show rust even though he looked in good shape and Robert is a messy physical fight especially for someone coming off a layoff.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Mar 9 2013, 10:42 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 9 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #79

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 8 2013, 05:25 PM) *

I would of rather see Floyd versus Devon if you really want to know. And I give Floyd credit if he knocks the shit out of Guerrero in the first 7 rounds.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 9 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #80

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 8 2013, 06:33 PM) *
actions speak louder than words. they fight on may 4th. let's see what happens. it would be foolish to fight outside the ring. if he doesn't show up for the fight then what you are saying is valid....but if he comes to fight...well, expect something different.

Professor I am not saying Guerrero being a quiet voice is a reflection of what the fight will be like. What I am saying is how are you going to talk big shit for two weeks straight then the moment you get in the guy's face you go numb. Robert is a fighter, I saw it against Berto and some other matches. I am not saying he is afraid of Floyd and he is intimidated by Floyd, all I am saying is that if you can't talk the same shit to a man's face but to everyone else, than you should not be talking at all. In no way do I think their face off will be like fight night. It should be interesting. The thing is Robert was talking major shit to Berto during the press conference and after the fight, he talked big boy shit to Broner in his face, the guy you wanted since jump you been talking to and you finally get to tell him how you really feel, and what happens? Nothing.... That is my only point.

Cotto is not a big talker but performs very well. Broner is a big talker and performs very well. Talking is just that. Cotto never changed his persona he stayed who he was. If Robert is not a talker than he should be just that. That is my point.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:53 PM