> Any Matthysse Fans Left???
BoxingEinstein
post Jan 23 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #31

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2014, 06:33 PM) *
Of course I do, I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't..I'm not Rick James, I don't do or say things just to say or do them

A focused Hank Lundy will give Matthysse trouble. Look at the fighters he's had trouble with. Judah beat him, that fight wasn't even close if it wasn't for the knockdown. He should've got the nod against Devon but Devon troubled him. Lamont was giving him trobule until he started banging with him. I'd favor Lamont in a rematch if he could do what he did for the 1st round and a half

Truth be told ain't no secret to beating Lucas, the recipe is out there. Stick to the script and don't deviate from it and he ain't winning. Hank isn't a 1 trick pony, he has some skills and if the Lundy that fought Ajose shows up I believe he beats Lucas

Well I am glad that your not that type of person and it is amicable to stick with what you believe. Lucas has improved since his "losses" besides the Garcia one and the arguable Judah one. He uses his jab more (when he does use it), starts faster, goes to the body more, and uses head movement. Now I'm not saying he's a defensive maestro but there are areas in his game that he has applied to hone since his losses to Alexander and Judah.

I agree that Lundy will trouble Lucas with his quick punches and movement but I will reconsider if he can't take Matthysse's power. He's been down before by guys who dont hit not nearly as hard as Lucas. I was impressed with Hammerin Hank over his win of Ajose he showed he can box with a boxer if he doesn't let his guard down. The question is and he's done this even when he's focused, what will happen if he does that to Lucas? Good fight, hopefully they make it happen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 23 2014, 05:15 PM) *
#themilkyway

That's why nobody wants to hire us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL

Damn right! I'll be alright, I just need to tone down on my BS and actually get some work done. lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 23 2014, 08:52 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2014, 06:32 PM) *
Lundy and Mattyhsse would be a gut check fight for both fighters. It would be very interesting. I will take Hammering Hank in a SD

Not saying it's easy but the game plan is out there to beat him. It's no secret he struggles with a certain type of fighter

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 23 2014, 08:55 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 23 2014, 06:55 PM) *
Well I am glad that your not that type of person and it is amicable to stick with what you believe. Lucas has improved since his "losses" besides the Garcia one and the arguable Judah one. He uses his jab more (when he does use it), starts faster, goes to the body more, and uses head movement. Now I'm not saying he's a defensive maestro but there are areas in his game that he has applied to hone since his losses to Alexander and Judah.

I agree that Lundy will trouble Lucas with his quick punches and movement but I will reconsider if he can't take Matthysse's power. He's been down before by guys who dont hit not nearly as hard as Lucas. I was impressed with Hammerin Hank over his win of Ajose he showed he can box with a boxer if he doesn't let his guard down. The question is and he's done this even when he's focused, what will happen if he does that to Lucas? Good fight, hopefully they make it happen.

One thing i like about Lucas, I don't know it you noticed it in the Lamont fight, is that he gets set quick. I mean you can turn him or move and he gets in position quickly to get his shots off. He's extraordinary like that

And what you said has been the story of Lundy's career. He doesnt appear to bring it on a fight by fight basis. A slip unlike that against a dude like Matthysse is asking for big trouble.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Jan 24 2014, 01:11 AM
Post #35

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2014, 08:55 PM) *
One thing i like about Lucas, I don't know it you noticed it in the Lamont fight, is that he gets set quick. I mean you can turn him or move and he gets in position quickly to get his shots off. He's extraordinary like that

And what you said has been the story of Lundy's career. He doesnt appear to bring it on a fight by fight basis. A slip unlike that against a dude like Matthysse is asking for big trouble.

Ahhh, you caught that better than I did. Lucas really is a extraordinary where he doesn't rely soley on all power. Guys like (the recent Donaire), Segura, Cloud, etc. Even in Lucas' losses he's still looked good or decent at most so it tells you he isn't on a garbagd or basic level. I like Lundy if he dictates the pace with nothing but pure movement and picking his shots carefully (something Danny did really well). Nonetheless like you said Lucas sets his feet quick to make sure he's in a good position to counter or get off his shots. I think Garcia and his Dad came up with a flawless gameplan for that (gut check him early, clinch when needed, combos and use philly textbook tactics...Hopkins way).

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Jan 27 2014, 11:21 AM
Post #36

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I liked him after both previous losses so he's still a good fighter in my book, I also didn't heap the ridiculous praise his way either... he can easily bounce back with a solid win and rule 140 once Garcia moves up

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 28 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 24 2014, 12:11 AM) *
Ahhh, you caught that better than I did. Lucas really is a extraordinary where he doesn't rely soley on all power. Guys like (the recent Donaire), Segura, Cloud, etc. Even in Lucas' losses he's still looked good or decent at most so it tells you he isn't on a garbagd or basic level. I like Lundy if he dictates the pace with nothing but pure movement and picking his shots carefully (something Danny did really well). Nonetheless like you said Lucas sets his feet quick to make sure he's in a good position to counter or get off his shots. I think Garcia and his Dad came up with a flawless gameplan for that (gut check him early, clinch when needed, combos and use philly textbook tactics...Hopkins way).

Matthysse will be fine. He didn't need the fly by night fans no way. Ad you said, the guy isn't a bad fighter and he hasn't been in a bad fight so he will come back and be fine. I'm interested more to see who he fights because he's said he wants to fight for a world title by the end of this year

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 28 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 28 2014, 05:45 PM) *
Matthysse will be fine. He didn't need the fly by night fans no way. Ad you said, the guy isn't a bad fighter and he hasn't been in a bad fight so he will come back and be fine. I'm interested more to see who he fights because he's said he wants to fight for a world title by the end of this year

The voice of reason. The year of the chi starting off strong

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 29 2014, 09:45 AM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 28 2014, 06:06 PM) *
The voice of reason. The year of the chi starting off strong

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) trying to

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 29 2014, 10:24 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 28 2014, 01:45 PM) *

Maybe a rematch with Danny for his belt or maybe Peterson. Maidana would be my choice.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 11:34 PM