Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Silva vs Belfort, who are you picking
AussieLad
post Feb 2 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

I'm going to come straight out and say it. I hope Silva gets his ass handed to him.

The reason being a couple of fights in the octagon where he has stunk out the joint refusing to engage an overmatched opponent.

Still, he is a very talented and dangerous fighter. Belfort has his work cut out for him. But Silva has never seen a guy with striking as good as Belforts. Vitors hands are magic. Fast, lightning fast actually, powerful, and thrown in bunches. If he connects, he has fight changing power in one shot.

I expect the first 2 minutes of this fight to be boring as bat shit. Anderson usually likes to feel his opponent out in the first minute, and not do much. And belfort showed in his fight with franklin he has matured, and willing to wait for the opening. So dont expect fireworks early.

But when one of these guys choose to explode, it will be on... and likely spectacular.

Looking forward to it alot

Cammon Vitor....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Feb 2 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

I want Vitor to win.

If he can keep his head together (which he's always had trouble doing) I think Vitor can get Silva down and grind him out for 5 rounds the same way Sonnen nearly did.

But it could just as well be another boring (and slightly controversial) win for Silva.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Feb 2 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #3

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

Silva

+Quote Post
thehype
post Feb 2 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #4

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Silva

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Feb 2 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

Belfort is an undisciplined mental case. He has a shot to win just like everyone else in MMA but Silva is the logical choice.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Feb 3 2011, 01:08 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

I like Vitor at his best he has the power and speed to trouble anyone but unless Silva grows old overnight i see my boy takeing Vitor out in the 2nd round with knees from the clinch. But if anyone is gonna beat Anderson i wouldn't mind it being Vitor.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Feb 3 2011, 01:54 AM
Post #7

Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 2 2011, 11:07 PM) *
I want Vitor to win.

If he can keep his head together (which he's always had trouble doing) I think Vitor can get Silva down and grind him out for 5 rounds the same way Sonnen nearly did.

But it could just as well be another boring (and slightly controversial) win for Silva.

I think Vitors best chance is by stoppage in the forst rounds rather than a grinding decision. He's not coming to take this fight to the ground. This will be a stand up battle, and if vitor lands its over.

I understand why people are taking silva though. But i reckon this will be Vitors night

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Feb 3 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

If it came down to having to put my own hard earned on it, it would be going on Silva. But i'll be watching and rooting for Vitor.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Feb 3 2011, 03:24 PM
Post #9

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

Vitor is gonna do what Sonnen couldnt... FINISH.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Feb 3 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #10

Middleweight

Its interesting watching the countdown video's on the ufc site. Apparently Silva is taking this fight personal because Vitor had come and trained at his camp in the past. Which i find strange. If your a fighter, you train with guys you may someday fight. Just because someone has come into your camp is no reason to hold a grudge. Its the high level of sparring that propels their skills upwards, so dont act bitchy because someone else wants your belt

Also looking forward to Ryan Bader vs John Bones Jones. I cant see how Bader can beat Jones. The dude is a superior and unpredictable striker, and has freakish reach. A 10 inch reach advantage is huge, and the countdown video was saying its the biggest wingspan in the UFC history at 84 inches. Baders only chance is to weather the storm and take Jones down, and lay n pray. Jones is the future of the division

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:21 PM