> where does floyd go after canelo
emd01
post Sep 7 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #21

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 05:05 PM) *
Why does May have to fight Pac, why doesn't Pac have to fight May? May doesn't have to fight Pac, I am sorry. I think its the other way around.

The same reason he had to fight Canelo...big numbers and money. Dont misconstrue what i'm saying as Floyd needs Pac for his legacy or some silly shit just that if he wants to make another big PPV before he retires he's going to have to fight Pac...or rematch DLH (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) . Who else is a draw?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 7 2013, 04:19 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 7 2013, 01:20 AM) *
The same reason he had to fight Canelo...big numbers and money. Dont misconstrue what i'm saying as Floyd needs Pac for his legacy or some silly shit just that if he wants to make another big PPV before he retires he's going to have to fight Pac...or rematch DLH (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) . Who else is a draw?

He wants to fight in the UK next year. He could fight a local pub boy and still sell out a soccer stadium over there, those motherfuckers out there don't give a shit! I love it!

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 7 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 7 2013, 01:19 AM) *
He wants to fight in the UK next year. He could fight a local pub boy and still sell out a soccer stadium over there, those motherfuckers out there don't give a shit! I love it!

Are you talking about Khan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ? Fans from the UK are the shit. If fans in the US were dedicated like that we wouldnt have to hear the "boxing is dead" shit all of the time.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 7 2013, 11:29 AM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 7 2013, 09:47 AM) *
Are you talking about Khan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ? Fans from the UK are the shit. If fans in the US were dedicated like that we wouldnt have to hear the "boxing is dead" shit all of the time.

Fans anywhere except the us are the shit

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 15 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #25

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My great boxing friend mentioned Triple G, which could be interesting, but I just don't know how anyone solves the Mayweather stick and move defense puzzle. Maybe Danny Garcia next. But he's tailor made for Floyd.

Jack

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Sep 15 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

It will most likely be Danny Garcia for Welterweight World Championship. Danny Garcia has earned his shot. Legacy wise, his biggest fights left would be Pacman, Martinez at Middleweight, Bradley or even a Broner.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Sep 15 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #27

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

Garcia, Bradley, maybe Pac one day.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Sep 15 2013, 10:54 AM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I will say this, If Mayweather finishes his Showtime contract at 49-0, he will have major pressure to fight that 50th fight. That would be a massive PPV. He should almost save that for a Final Fight to cement his Legacy and even further his financial/Promotional career.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Sep 15 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

There isn't much out there if Mayweather and Pac don't fight. I just don't see anything else that makes sense. Garcia will be a PPV bust and Showtime knows it. Alexander would be even worse. I think what Showtime will hope for is Khan to win and look impressive over Alexander. I think a Khan-Mayweather fight could sell enough to draw even for Showtime and that fight would be HUGE in England. Bradley is a possibility, but that fight wouldn't be huge and the Top-Rank thing would be tough.

If Pac smokes Rios, Manny makes the most sense in May. I just don't see that fight happening. I think there is a pretty decent path for Floyd to do 2 things.....continue to earn HUGE money and consistently fight in big/huge events at the close of his career that could place him among the 5 best fighters of All-Time and here it is....

1. Fight Pacquiao in May if Manny looks impressive against Rios. That has to happen. It would still be HUGE and still be a major draw. It would earn Floyd the most money of his career and would trump even the Canelo fight.

2. Fight the winner of Danny Garcia/Amir Khan/Devon Alexander in September. This would be an easy fight and sort of a break for Floyd after back to back HUGE events. The winner of that mini-tournament would also be an easier sell than either would be in May. It would probably be Garcia, and by that point Garcia would have been built up in a pretty good way.

3. Look to move up and fight Sergio Martinez or GGG. You take the fighter that brings the most money and gives you the most respect with a W. I would love to see GGG. It would be an ultimate challenge for Floyd, especially if GGG continues to demolish opponents over the next 18 months. GGG would be a really exciting fight and provide some real drama...and those 2 things equals MAJOR interest/PPV buys.

4. Move back down and fight Adrien Broner..hopefully AB would still be undefeated at that point with wins over a few really good 140/147 pound fighters. That would be the ultimate ending for Floyd and be a really interesting fight.

I think that is a pretty reasonable path and each one of those fights would be HUGE. It starts with Manny though.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 15 2013, 11:10 AM
Post #30

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 15 2013, 11:01 AM) *
There isn't much out there if Mayweather and Pac don't fight. I just don't see anything else that makes sense. Garcia will be a PPV bust and Showtime knows it. Alexander would be even worse. I think what Showtime will hope for is Khan to win and look impressive over Alexander. I think a Khan-Mayweather fight could sell enough to draw even for Showtime and that fight would be HUGE in England. Bradley is a possibility, but that fight wouldn't be huge and the Top-Rank thing would be tough.

If Pac smokes Rios, Manny makes the most sense in May. I just don't see that fight happening. I think there is a pretty decent path for Floyd to do 2 things.....continue to earn HUGE money and consistently fight in big/huge events at the close of his career that could place him among the 5 best fighters of All-Time and here it is....

1. Fight Pacquiao in May if Manny looks impressive against Rios. That has to happen. It would still be HUGE and still be a major draw. It would earn Floyd the most money of his career and would trump even the Canelo fight.

2. Fight the winner of Danny Garcia/Amir Khan/Devon Alexander in September. This would be an easy fight and sort of a break for Floyd after back to back HUGE events. The winner of that mini-tournament would also be an easier sell than either would be in May. It would probably be Garcia, and by that point Garcia would have been built up in a pretty good way.

3. Look to move up and fight Sergio Martinez or GGG. You take the fighter that brings the most money and gives you the most respect with a W. I would love to see GGG. It would be an ultimate challenge for Floyd, especially if GGG continues to demolish opponents over the next 18 months. GGG would be a really exciting fight and provide some real drama...and those 2 things equals MAJOR interest/PPV buys.

4. Move back down and fight Adrien Broner..hopefully AB would still be undefeated at that point with wins over a few really good 140/147 pound fighters. That would be the ultimate ending for Floyd and be a really interesting fight.

I think that is a pretty reasonable path and each one of those fights would be HUGE. It starts with Manny though.

I no longer have interest in Mayweather-Pacquaio after the KO loss. How does this fight even happen as long as Arum is involved? It would do big money, but only about 50% of what was originally anticipated. Manny would have to leave Top Rank, get past Rios (no easy task) and than have the build-up to maybe next year. Half the money might be there, but for competitiveness, forget about it.

Jack

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:36 PM