Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No more boxing on Justin.tv, in fact no more JTV @ all
caneman
post Oct 23 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

They are gonna shut down tomorrow! I kinda hate that...there was a time that I enjoyed many hours on it! I guess good things don't last forever huh? No more boxing streams sucks ass though!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Oct 23 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Amateur

duh, boxing* if a mod can fix that for me please!

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Oct 23 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,468

Damn I would catch the wrestling ppvs on there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .......there are more sites like it though so it shouldn't be a problem.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Oct 23 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

Wow, does anyone know of any other sites? Why are they closing down?

+Quote Post
caneman
post Oct 23 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #5

Amateur

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Oct 23 2009, 07:42 PM) *
Wow, does anyone know of any other sites? Why are they closing down?

they are getting sued for copy rights! I am trying to confirm it!

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Oct 23 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

Check your PM.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Oct 23 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

wow....didn't know they were in jeopardy of getting shut down.

but like I tell so many people....after awhile..things top out......folks will cap things...I'm simply not going to pay fee after fee for "events" for THEM to make money when my salary doesn't increase.

it's like company A wanting to continue to gain, gain and gain......yet THEIR very own workers pushing the product are not seeing the GAINS in their paycheck......yet they want you to be "gratefull" you are employed.

F that....the people will start speaking globally imo and alot of large industries will fold unless they cowtow to the people.

leave justin alone.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Oct 23 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #8

Amateur

I am not totally sure of this yet as I can't totally confirm! But they were on such a high like last January that they could only go down! lol! I mean to see all those PPV fight(boxing & UFC/MMA) & all those movies was just insane! Some of the movies hadn't even come out in the movie theater & I was watching a good copy of it? That was crazy stuff!
And Warlord, thanks for the PM bro!

+Quote Post
hardhead
post Oct 24 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 77

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Oct 24 2009, 03:04 AM) *
wow....didn't know they were in jeopardy of getting shut down.

but like I tell so many people....after awhile..things top out......folks will cap things...I'm simply not going to pay fee after fee for "events" for THEM to make money when my salary doesn't increase.

it's like company A wanting to continue to gain, gain and gain......yet THEIR very own workers pushing the product are not seeing the GAINS in their paycheck......yet they want you to be "gratefull" you are employed.

F that....the people will start speaking globally imo and alot of large industries will fold unless they cowtow to the people.

leave justin alone.

A FUCKING MEN..fuck the man and his bullshit...

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Oct 24 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 6,422

Well Justin has partnered with "The Man" to filter content, so.....not sure how pure and clean Justin is. lol

We're working with Vobile to filter content on Justin.tv using their database of content. As of this week we've begun fingerprinting all saved clips on Justin.tv and scanning them against Vobile's content database. Channels with clips that are found to be infringing have their clips removed and the channel is taken offline. We've just rolled out that process for archived clips. The next step of this project will come in November, when we'll expand the fingerprinting system to all live video. It's a big undertaking to scale this system up to cover all of our live video--Justin.tv users upload 24.3 hours of live video per minute.

This new filtering is part of a deal with signed with Fox to increase copyright protection for live video. We already offer a takedown tool that lets copyright owners login to a Justin.tv admin interface and kill channels in real time, and hundreds of content owners are using it today. Other companies handle this by forcing content owners to email or submit a takedown form, which is processed manually. When live content is in play, that method is useless because the event is usually over before a manual process can address it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 11:14 AM