IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT): Broner vs. Escaledo-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No Duplicate Threads New Spoilers, or Public Streams
Plah
post Jul 22 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #71

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 21 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Dude if Broner would have been a professional and did it the honest way and truly honored the contracted weight this weight thing wouldn't be nothing and it would be just another ass whooping he gave. Escobedo was under the impression it was a 130lbs fight. If Broner would have told Escobedo before hand and said he would come over weight and he wouldnt care if he did to would be one thing. Instead he let his opponent drain himself while he didn't. Fighters have died in the ring because of this. Broner pulled a fast one on Escobedo and Broner had his people (Al Haymon) dig him out. This fight wasnt on a even playing field which is funny because everyone's hero here PBF and everyone here at fighthype always yap boxing needs a even playing field. BTW this is not a race thing, it's an honesty and being a professional thing.

While I agree with you, I don't think weight played much of a factor in this particular fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 22 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #72

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Jul 22 2012, 12:03 AM) *
Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass on any future Broner fights. The dude just leaves a bad taste in the mouth after he fights and has nothing to offer me as a die hard fan. I respect the fighters who are true professionals and respect the sport. Good stoppage. I have tons of respect for Joel Diaz who is a outstanding and great trainer. I feel so bad for Escobedo and I totally understand his emotion. Escobedo is a guy who went to Cincinnati witha real sense he would win and instead he gets bushwacked by a guy who don't respect him or what a contract means and come in at the contracted weight. Escobedo got to 130 in a professional way and did it the right way. Broner could have made it to 130 and yea it might have weakened him but escobedo was just as weaken because escobedo had the professionalism to make weight. But these days in boxing doing it the right way gets you taken advantage of. I love and will always support a fighter who may be limited in some departments but will handles himself and boxing in a real professional way over fighters who are ego maniacs with unlimited skill and think they are above everyone and above boxing. Poor Escobedo he got done dirty by dirty people, luckily he got compensated for it. Personally I wished he would have pulled out and never went through with the fight but him being a new father the money they offered would have been crazy to turn down. If the Broner camp didn't feel they done Escobedo dirty they wouldn't have given him that 400,000 dollars to salvage the fight. Al Haymon, Broner and all their people can go and eat a dick for doing boxing and Escobedo dirty. I'll gladly and proudly watch Escobedo again on the spansh channel over any future broner fights on HBO.

I know everyone on here don't feel the same as me and will move on and continue to slurp up everything Broner and call him the second coming. But me being a die hard fan of the true gentleman of professional fighters, i can't and will not support a Broner fight again.

He didnt get caught with loaded gloves, and nobody is slurping anything. Im not even a Broner fan. Guys dont make weight all the time. Yes, its unprofessional and he should be ashamed of himself but its not that serious. End of the day, he paid his debt n whooped the guy. The outcome wouldnt have changed much.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 22 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #73

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Dude if Broner would have been a professional and did it the honest way and truly honored the contracted weight this weight thing wouldn't be nothing and it would be just another ass whooping he gave. Escobedo was under the impression it was a 130lbs fight. If Broner would have told Escobedo before hand and said he would come over weight and he wouldnt care if he did to would be one thing. Instead he let his opponent drain himself while he didn't. Fighters have died in the ring because of this. Broner pulled a fast one on Escobedo and Broner had his people (Al Haymon) dig him out. This fight wasnt on a even playing field which is funny because everyone's hero here PBF and everyone here at fighthype always yap boxing needs a even playing field. BTW this is not a race thing, it's an honesty and being a professional thing.

Shit!

When I see "Broner's name" I keep seeing "BONER!" hahahahaha! And Haymon and Company pulled a BONER on Escaledo with that weight shit. I agree with Boxingloner's post!

Jack

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Jul 22 2012, 01:48 AM
Post #74

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 22 2012, 12:12 AM) *
He didnt get caught with loaded gloves, and nobody is slurping anything. Im not even a Broner fan. Guys dont make weight all the time. Yes, its unprofessional and he should be ashamed of himself but its not that serious. End of the day, he paid his debt n whooped the guy. The outcome wouldnt have changed much.
same way i see, weight thing is not that serious. but broner should make weight because he hurting himself with the amount of money they are taking from him for missing weight. shit ridicules, 60k for missing weight but tarver get fined 2500 for taking steroids wtf?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 22 2012, 04:42 AM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Plah @ Jul 22 2012, 01:02 AM) *
While I agree with you, I don't think weight played much of a factor in this particular fight.

+1

Though I don't like broner not making weight for a second time in his career I agree. He would have won regardless, he looked like he was sparring in there.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jul 22 2012, 07:00 AM
Post #76

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Escobedo could have easily walked away from this fight, but he decided to take the extra money. Don't agree to terms if you are going to use it as an excuse after the bout. Escobedo and his people would have song a different tune if he had won. So all this pitty party shit about the weight is ridiculous, so cut it out. The weight wasn't a factor only the skill level of the 2 men in the ring.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 22 2012, 07:13 AM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 22 2012, 07:00 AM) *
Escobedo could have easily walked away from this fight, but he decided to take the extra money. Don't agree to terms if you are going to use it as an excuse after the bout. Escobedo and his people would have song a different tune if he had won. So all this pitty party shit about the weight is ridiculous, so cut it out. The weight wasn't a factor only the skill level of the 2 men in the ring.

I kind of feel the same way too.. I gained a lot of respect for escobedo when i heard reports that he was dropping out of the fight. I thought he was taking a stand, and in that same article I think it was him or his promoter who said something to the tune of "throwing money at uss isn't going to make this issue go away" and guess what.. money made the issue go away. I'm still not in the mood to defend broner but escobedo went back on his word, tried to use it as an excuse, but most importantly could have gotten seriously injured fighting a guy who was probably well over 150 after the unofficial weigh in.
Even though this is a tough situation to be put in I think he should have stuck to his guns on this one.. he would have came out winning (morally, financially, and career wise) without fighting, saves himself an L, his health, and still becomes the mandatory for the vacant belt by default.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 22 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #78

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Jul 22 2012, 02:48 AM) *
same way i see, weight thing is not that serious. but broner should make weight because he hurting himself with the amount of money they are taking from him for missing weight. shit ridicules, 60k for missing weight but tarver get fined 2500 for taking steroids wtf?

Excellent post! This ridiculous irony with that is just one of many reasons why boxing remains the most corrupt sport in the world.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Jul 22 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #79

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 22 2012, 05:13 AM) *
I kind of feel the same way too.. I gained a lot of respect for escobedo when i heard reports that he was dropping out of the fight. I thought he was taking a stand, and in that same article I think it was him or his promoter who said something to the tune of "throwing money at uss isn't going to make this issue go away" and guess what.. money made the issue go away. I'm still not in the mood to defend broner but escobedo went back on his word, tried to use it as an excuse, but most importantly could have gotten seriously injured fighting a guy who was probably well over 150 after the unofficial weigh in.
Even though this is a tough situation to be put in I think he should have stuck to his guns on this one.. he would have came out winning (morally, financially, and career wise) without fighting, saves himself an L, his health, and still becomes the mandatory for the vacant belt by default.

I agree with you, when I first heard Broner didn't make weight the first time I was like oh fucking great. Then when they negotiated a morning weigh in and he still came in over weight I was like escobedo just walk away. As I knew Broner was pulling some shit on him. Hindsight is 20/20 and if Broner came in on weight the first time more than likely the outcome would have been the same but maybe not as fast. I just wish Escobedo would have packed his bags and left and said to hell with this and shoved the bs up Broners ass. But in Escobedo's case the dude is a new father and his career never panned out the way people thought when he came out of the olympics and they through crazy money at him that he had no choice but to take the fight. Either way if he took the money or not Broner is a classless no good for boxing Piece of S$@&. I have no respect for Broner now and the antics he pulled and I don't plan on watching him again. If Broner was a man he would have told Escobedo when they signed the contract that he don't plan on making weight and he doesn't care if he does either. That's what a man does, instead he says nothing and lets Escobedo drain himself while he stays at full strength.

What's funny is that the same people that say weight is not an issue, are the same people who complain about catchweight fights with a certain Flip fighter. Broner just pulled a pacquiao on escobedo and drained him and now the same people who ridiculed and chastised pacquiao for it give Broner a pass. We got some Hypocritical bitches on fighthype.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 22 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #80

Junior Middleweight

I see it as if it was a minor fender bender. Say a guy rear ends your car. You get out and realize its hardly any damage. So you decide to accept a couple of C notes and settle it without calling the cops. Then the minor damage becomes more of an eye sore later on. You can't then bitch and complain about the guy like he fled the scene. You had every opportunity to get your car fixed and call the cops. You decided to take the dough.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:23 PM