IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Crawford vs. Gamboa-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
daprofessor
post Jun 29 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #161

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 29 2014, 08:18 PM) *
Fight went almost as I expected. Gamboa has always been physically gifted and talented but needs to work on his skills and craft. I expected him to get tagged being wild but I didn't expect Crawford to get hit so much. He's gotta tighten up that D. It was an excellent win but I saw some serious flaws in Crawford, including the unnecessary switching I complained about with him about 3 fights ago. The stuff he "saw" when he switched could have been done in conventional stance. Kudos to him though making the most out of a homecoming fight against a step up in opposition. A lot of fighters squander opportunities like this.

i've rewatched the fight a few times...the problem is that in his conventional stance he's a little too squared and leans on the front foot. that allowed gamboa to land the right hand easily....and crawford couldn't land the left check hook. in the southpaw stance...he's less squared...and sits back a little more...plus that stance puts his head back further making gamboa have to reach to land the right. that's why he was able to land that right check hook so easily. i'm with roy...crawford is the best and switching i've seen since marvin hagler. not everyone is as fast and as explosive as gamboa. he won't be tagged like that by others. also..he wasn't exactly being hurt by those shots. he rolled with them for the most part.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 30 2014, 06:27 AM
Post #162

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

he made the right decision now that i look back on it, because that right hand of gamboa slowly became uslesss and actually became crawfords greatest weapon against him. he disarmed gamboa through adjustments, like a world class pro, not only for a defensive reason, but also an offensive one, so he could land hard right jabs with his strong hand and exploit his range while making gamboa reach. he played it right, and got the KO victory. if he had just outboxed gamboa with kockdowns it would have been a great win, but the fact that he was able to make gamboa take high risk and forced gamboa to try to take the win, showed something to me. he has great overall sense of boxing, and he understands its a 12 round fight, and he understands ho to control the tempo of a fight even when hes losing. hes looking ahead, and i like that, where as gamboa is just in the moment, whats in front of him at that time he will react to and fight that way, which is why he gets dropped alot. craford has what it takes to be one of the best 140 out there, and if he wants to stay at 135 he will be king.

+Quote Post
theboxingchannel...
post Jul 10 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #163

Amateur

Member No.: 14,165

I feel so bad for Gamboa, he's a true champion! but Crawford is the truth! I hear 50 cent is gonna be acting in a movie as a boxing promoter... that piece of shit, i feel like he just used Gamboa - No wonder Floyd wants nothing to do with that snake. On top of all, he continues to talk shit about Floyd when Floyd doesn't even say anything about Curtis.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 01:17 AM