> Fighters and fans are too in love with the 0
The Original MrF...
post Jun 1 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Jun 1 2014, 06:48 PM) *
the entire premise of the thread was rather lame but I understand what he is trying to say, it's like JCCJr's 40-0-0 record at one point KNOWLEDGEABLE fans knew he hadn't faced quality comp yet so for NOVICE fans to go overboard looking at his record was complete stupidity

now, KNOWLEDGEABLE fans know Thurman is up and coming, Broner was being groomed and Wilder/GGG hasn't faced anyone yet... taking nothing away from none of the fighters I mentioned

again, when it comes to the sport please try to grasp the notion of business as well as in ring results... thank you

He's a great example. Shame that nobody brought this up earlier in the thread. Jr was riding that 0, and some people thought he was gods gift to boxing. I understand why he was brought along slowly due to his lack of major amateur experience. He has developed into a decent fighter, but still doesn't deserve the accolades he got so early.

What are we on page 2 now. The OP should fucking thank me for him getting all this attention. The dunce hat he wears obviously isn't colorful enough. Perhaps the OP would have thought to bring Jr AND his dad who was also riding a doughnut in the L column with 90 something fights. The OP probably didn't even know Julio Caesar Chavez boxed.

This post has been edited by The Original MrFactor: Jun 1 2014, 07:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 20 2014, 06:16 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 31 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Maybe you should read YOUR own shit. Anybody else see ANYTHING that says UP and Comers here?? Please bold it so that my old, blind ass can see. All I see is talk of Joe Calzaghe. Who is the stupid bitch, bitch?? This is your denial. You can't even mention that you got a bunch or Mayweather posters in your room. If Mayweather was on the cover of Right on Magazine, your ass would have about 5 copies in plastic bags so you can preserve them. You defended and now you denied as predicted. I'm doing better here than in the Signature Bet standings...

I am pretty sure if Mayweather appeared on Right On! you would have an issue with him not being on Vibe or Source because they ask harder questions and Floyd avoids hard questions.

The problem with mentioning Floyd in this thread, he never hid behind his 0 when he started off. He didn't have that kind of control of his career. Floyd was suppose to get tossed by Zab, Chico, Oscar as quiet as it is kept and the second Castillo fight. The boxers that are out now protect their 0 from jump. Chavez, Broner until he got a that L from Maidana, Garcia, hell Chavez Sr. can be put in this category. Fighters now seem to want to protect their 0 before they have even earned it, I put Wilder in this group as well. Fans and media give too much love to these fighters. I agree Thurman looks like he will and wants to take on all comers. Donaire was in this category but he quickly found out what happens when you fight a man with skill.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 20 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 20 2014, 07:16 PM) *
I am pretty sure if Mayweather appeared on Right On! you would have an issue with him not being on Vibe or Source because they ask harder questions and Floyd avoids hard questions.

The problem with mentioning Floyd in this thread, he never hid behind his 0 when he started off. He didn't have that kind of control of his career. Floyd was suppose to get tossed by Zab, Chico, Oscar as quiet as it is kept and the second Castillo fight. The boxers that are out now protect their 0 from jump. Chavez, Broner until he got a that L from Maidana, Garcia, hell Chavez Sr. can be put in this category. Fighters now seem to want to protect their 0 before they have even earned it, I put Wilder in this group as well. Fans and media give too much love to these fighters. I agree Thurman looks like he will and wants to take on all comers. Donaire was in this category but he quickly found out what happens when you fight a man with skill.

Donaire already had a loss before the Rigondeaux fight.

Oh yeah, welcome back

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 21 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 20 2014, 05:32 PM) *
Donaire already had a loss before the Rigondeaux fight.

Oh yeah, welcome back

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Work has been hell! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 08:08 PM