IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO will no longer do Business with Golden Boy!?
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 18 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

They're saying that HBO is going the crazy ex-Girlfriend route with this split. Lol
I guess they are on Their Taylor Swift. The full report is yet to come out on yahoo but if true this would prove more serious than I imagined. Unfortunately I believe HBO will hurt themselves more so in the long run. You don't burn bridges.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 18 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

http://m.ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/17782...from-golden-boy

It's on ring to

Just when you thought all these bs boxing rivalries were simmering down this happens. Hbo may be Fucking up big

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 18 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

WAS HBO involved when it was reported HOPKINS WOULD NEVER AGAIN FIGHT AT MSG AFTER HE WRECKED TRINIDAD and the SRR trophy had to be re-engraved?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 18 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Very surprised hbo said they are passing on broner. Did not see that coming at all

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 18 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

HBO is losing big these days. BUT...It's time to shine for the smaller promoters and their stables. HBO can turn into platform for the up and coming fighters who will then "graduate" to Showtime. Not likely, but it is a possibility. Showtime has been playing second fiddle for the longest..

I am curious to see how this turns out.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Mar 18 2013, 04:30 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Mayweather Promotions Is the Future of Showtime,CBS/Boxing period. They will work with Todd DuBoef & Richard Shaefer for future fights. I'm sure Mayweather & Jackson will eventually do a cards or cards together in the future also. Their beef has went up and down, but Look at Jr. and Sr.'s relationship and thats father/son, Trainer,Fighter. Whatever makes money.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Mar 18 2013, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 18 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

The Gay Love relationship between Lampley and Oscar has officially ended!!!! Hahahahaha! On a more serious note, do you think that HBO will finally work to end long-term contract relationships with the fighters, take a page from the Showtime manual for boxing, and just purchase the best, most competitive fights on a fight to fight basis?

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 18 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

You know what this means right? Every fight they have is going to have to be like Rios/Alvarado for it to be worth watching. NONE of Top Prank's fighters have any defense so in the short run, it may be cool but long term, I don't see any of their fighters having any longevity. I hope they have some master plan on how to market Andre Ward and Sergio Martinez because Bob Arum's fighters won't be able to consume solids in 5 years lol

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Mar 18 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 18 2013, 05:04 PM) *
The Gay Love relationship between Lampley and Oscar has officially ended!!!! Hahahahaha! On a more serious note, do you think that HBO will finally work to end long-term contract relationships with the fighters, take a page from the Showtime manual for boxing, and just purchase the best, most competitive fights on a fight to fight basis?

Jack

I think SHOWTIME and even hbo will still put on decent fights, but SHOWTIME/CBS is the future of Boxing. The Broner decison will be a factor, because he's probably the next big thing material even though he got some work to do. We will see.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 18 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #10

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Cant believe HBO is acting so butt hurt, but it is what it is. This just makes the likelihood of any future GB/TR fights and even more remote possibility, which is bad for the sport. Pac has fought on Showtime, but I guess it didnt matter since it was not a long term deal.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 07:49 PM