IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Donaire vs Rigondeaux (Preview Thread-No Spoilers)
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 6 2013, 08:40 PM) *
I like Riggs in this match, but I can see Nonito taking this, as well. IMO, Riggs has a lot of "yard to mow", in that, Donaire is the draw, Arum is pushing him rather than Riggs and the crowd's "oooh and aaaahhh" factor.

Oh the joy...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 6 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #12

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 08:22 PM) *
I can rock with that. The last formidable opponent that I remember Donaire fighting, was Vasquez Jr. last February, but since then, nobody special.

We could blame Rigo's performance in that fight, on the managerial/contractual issues that he had leading up to that fight. I believe his opponent changed, and the fight was actually put on hold/cancelled for a short period of time...that's if my memory serves me correctly.

You're correct about Donaire's opponents exposing him in every other fight. We could blame that on his ongoing hand injury too, but hey, it all depends. Usually, guys that have a stiff jab (and actually uses it) and knows how to navigate through the ring, gives Donaire problems. Last year, he looked like he had eaten some scallops after a couple of his fights...the Vasquez fight in particular.

This is an interesting bout, but I believe Doanire's leaping hook will get to Rigo's chin faster than anybody he's ever fought.

That's why i know the fight will end in Knock out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 09:00 AM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1KO4RuYpY8...h?v=R1KO4RuYpY8 Nonito Donaire vs Rafael Concepcion Highlights

I just saw this vid and all i could think about was if it was Rigondeaux instead of Rafael. Will Nonaire's left hook be less effective because of Rigondeaux's southpaw stance and shoulder roll?. Marroquin hurt him with a few left hooks. This guy wasn't really slick at all and was making Nonito run around the ring, his face may not have showed anguish but running back like that with your hands down seemed like some survival mode tactic.

Idk if people are giving my dude Rigondeaux a good chance. I can confidently say that Rigondeaux will win by KO. But anything can happen.

Thoughts?

i was at this fight and it was much closer than they scored it. donaire was flat out running at some points and he looked awful. to concepcions credit...that dude was rough!

i think rigondeaux has a solid chance to win this. i'm leaning towards him...but this is about as even as you can get! i can't wait!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 6 2013, 12:57 PM) *
While I'd like to say its rigondeux I think Donaire will take it. His activity will just be a lot higher than Rigondeux, and yes I know that's not what its all about but if you throw more your likely to land more, the amount Rigondeux throws he'd have to land every single shot

that's what he does....and every shot counts.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 04:46 PM) *
Exactly! I've been preaching this for months. I was in Vegas during that fight, and it looked worse live. As much as I cant stand Donaire, I'll be the first to say that he stops Rigondeaux. The biggest question is, will Donaire run through him, or will it take some time?

this reminds me of when torres and corley were able to rock cotto....or when trinidad would get dropped in his fights...and it was the reason everyone would pick against him in his next tough fight. the thing that everyone seems to be missing is this: what did he do after he got rocked? everyone gets hurt at one time or another...it's what you do afterwards that impresses me. in rigondeaux's case...he did NOT let marroquin follow up with anything and he came back to drop him and rock him on more than one occasion.

i also look at donaire's fight against narvaez. narvaez was a southpaw who stood at 5'3 and came up in weight to fight donaire. donaire couldn't do shit against him and dude put hands on him more than once. narvaez wasn't a big puncher. rigondeaux is. this is going to be interesting.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 6 2013, 05:00 PM) *
I like Rigondeaux! He seems to be faster than most of The Flab's opponents and he doesn't stand in front of his opponents plus he has good head movement and he has a nice jab and a punch to go with it! Donaire is going to have his hands full. The question is, can Donaire take a flush punch? He has faced soft opposition and when he steps in the ring with a fighter then we will see what he is made of!

in his last few fights....except for the one against arce and nishioka...he's been getting hit more and more. wv2 hit him often. mathebula landed on him repeatedly. narvaez was able to land as well. none of them can punch like rigondeaux.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 07:02 PM) *
You have, which made me watch the fight. Marroquin is no joke though, Marroquin is a better opponent's than all of the opponents Nonito took on last year IMO. He was tall and had that killer left hook like Donaire, but he still got a hurting put on him.

The better opposition for Rigondeaux gets, he still makes his opponents look the same. With Donaire he has the power but every opponent exposes more weaknesses.

Donaire doesn't remind anyone of an asian Hearns? style wise

that's a high complement to pay him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 6 2013, 07:40 PM) *
I like Riggs in this match, but I can see Nonito taking this, as well. IMO, Riggs has a lot of "yard to mow", in that, Donaire is the draw, Arum is pushing him rather than Riggs and the crowd's "oooh and aaaahhh" factor.

this fight is going to be in nyc. i believe there are more cubans than filipinos there. the crowd may favor rigondeaux. also...let's not forget that donaire's last performance in nyc was against narvaez and plenty of the fans boo'd that. it's still in his head...he mentioned it in any interview. if he comes trying to right that wrong and seeking to impress the crowd...that may play to rigondeaux's favor.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 7 2013, 05:31 PM
Post #19

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 06:18 PM) *
that's a high complement to pay him.

My thoughts exactly. He did say style wise though.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 7 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #20

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 05:06 PM) *
i was at this fight and it was much closer than they scored it. donaire was flat out running at some points and he looked awful. to concepcions credit...that dude was rough!

i think rigondeaux has a solid chance to win this. i'm leaning towards him...but this is about as even as you can get! i can't wait!!!

+1 Prof.

I love Nonito's skill set and talent. However, I think some on this thread are really overlooking Riggs skillset. While I'll admit, neither have faced an opponent w/ the talent of the other, I really like Rigg's chances in this one. That being said, I know who's the cash cow, who the promoter is backing and who the majority of the fans are coming to see. Good luck, Rigo...you're gonna eff'n need it.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 07:52 PM