mrchitown
post Feb 26 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 10:21 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Uh oh, here we go with the 2Pac stuff! Where's Daprofessor when you need him? Dude hated 2Pac...or at least it appeared that way. Lol

If I would've got dissed the way Chino did, so would I lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Feb 26 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I heard the second fight was fixed. The mob had Liston take a dive.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

It's a known fact that the mob had a hand in boxing at one time but to say Liston may have thrown a fight is a bit sketchy at best.

And I say that because the people around him at the time said he was approached to throw numerous fights and refused. So now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe he did because the Hoover boys have a report where they suspected it. Fuck them, they still pissed at Ali for taking on the government and winning. Liston died from a drug overdose yet it's a known fact he was afraid of needles and didn't mess with drugs

Wife is out of town and comes back home and finds him dead from a heroin in overdose. They probably know what really happened there but instead choose to push this bs. If that fight was fixed it was the worse fix in sports history, Ali was tattooing him with lighting fast shots, I don't believe it nor do I trust the FBI

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 26 2014, 05:12 PM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 26 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2014, 05:02 PM) *
You can walk out at anytime Bryant Gumbel lmao

LMBO!!!!!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 26 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2014, 02:11 PM) *
It's a known fact that the mob had a hand in boxing at one time but to say Liston may have thrown a fight is a bit sketchy at best.

And I say that because the people around him at the time said he was approached to throw numerous fights and refused. So now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe he did because the Hoover boys have a report where they suspected it. Fuck them, they still pissed at Ali for taking on the government and winning. Liston died from a drug overdose yet it's a known fact he was afraid of needles and didn't mess with drugs

Wife is out of town and comes back home and finds him dead from a heroin in overdose. They probably know what really happened there but instead choose to push this bs. If that fight was fixed it was the worse fix in sports history, Ali was tattooing him with lighting fast shots, I don't believe it nor do I trust the FBI

The mob killed that man.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 26 2014, 07:05 PM
Post #18

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

The article is even wrong!

It says Liston didn't come out for round eight. No, it was round seven. This basic information does not restore my confidence in the report's validity. No controversy with fight #1. Sonny was being out-boxed about 4-2 at the stoppage. Sonny may have only won won round clearly, the 5th when Ali was backing away claiming Sonny's liniment for his sore shoulder got in his eyes. Amazingly, the judges had it a draw at the stoppage!

The second fight "looked" more suspicious, but in slow motion you can see the controversial shot lands hard on Liston. The commission announced the time of the KO wrong at 1:00 of round one, when it was really 2:12 that the fight was stopped. (Source: Ring.) Sonny got up about the count of 22, "The ref Jersey Joe Walcott lost track of the count trying to get Ali to a neutral corner, a count that never should have started tll Ali went to the corner. The knockdown time keeper telling the ref the fight was over was a violation of the rules of boxing. When Sonny got up at 22 he began to throw punches, but seemingly displayed no anger that the fight was stopped. You had the incompetence of Walcott and Liston's reactions to the punch and non-reations to the stoppage, which I think are suspect. The punch was "not a phantom" punch, it was real, it was there.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 26 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 10:00 AM) *

Real tears are on the verge of coming out of my eyes

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 26 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

The first fight Ali just totally outclassed and totally frustrated Liston but the 2nd fight was the most terrible acting job I've ever seen on a supposed KO, I believe the fix was in but realistically it wouldn't have mattered because everyone knew from their first fight that Liston didn't stand a chance.

The garbage count, Liston flopping in the ring and refusing to get up-------I can tell you one thing for sure; Liston would've never earned an Oscar Award for his acting skills.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:23 PM