> Thurman vs. Porter, Thurman called him out
mgrover
post Apr 28 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Apr 28 2014, 10:25 PM) *
GBP a la Richard Schaefer... they want to satisfy the Kell Brook situation next, I support that

Yeah I want that shit put to bed, I mean realistically Kell Brooke had a chance to fight Bradley but said nah so I ain't got no sympathy for his wait
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 29 2014, 06:57 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 27 2014, 06:08 PM) *
Did Thurman really CALL Porter out? I mean, he was asked, but he kinda danced around it a bit. He said "yes" without really saying that he truly "wanted" to fight Porter. This is not a "duck" attempt by any stretch of the imagination, but it seemed like he had another name in his head, but Gray asked about Porter first.

I would of posted a link but you wouldn't read it. But he did call him out. Thurman reminds me of Ice T. I been trying to figure out who he reminded me of. He and Ice T have a lisp. Thurman interviews are funny.
QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 27 2014, 07:40 PM) *
There is no correlation between my initial response to your statement and what you replied to me thereafter. I simply wanted clarity. According to you, it seems as though trying to understand someone's point and trying to clarify ones self for the enhancement of a conversation makes them a "bitch" on their "period". I'm sorry you feel that way. Although you're disrespectful, I'm not going to trade insults with you. I won't demonize you for being ignorant. I hope you enjoyed the fight last night and I respect your passion for the sport of boxing. Like his mother/father, I hope your 3 year old develops a passion for the sport as she/he gets older as well. And maybe one day he/she can teach you something.

Naw, you bitch and complain, it's cool, some dudes have a little bitch in them and you are one of them.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Apr 29 2014, 06:57 AM

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Apr 29 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #23

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 29 2014, 07:57 AM) *
I would of posted a link but you wouldn't read it. But he did call him out. Thurman reminds me of Ice T. I been trying to figure out who he reminded me of. He and Ice T have a lisp. Thurman interviews are funny.

Naw, you bitch and complain, it's cool, some dudes have a little bitch in them and you are one of them.

damned... that is some straight hardcore talk!!!

+Quote Post
theboxingchannel...
post Apr 29 2014, 11:17 PM
Post #24

Amateur

Member No.: 14,165

Let's see porter beat malaggnaggi and Alexander, a fighter who hasn't been stopped. Who has Thurman beat, Soto karass? Im leaning towards porter on this one.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 29 2014, 11:22 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (theboxingchannel2 @ Apr 29 2014, 11:17 PM) *
Let's see porter beat malaggnaggi and Alexander, a fighter who hasn't been stopped. Who has Thurman beat, Soto karass? Im leaning towards porter on this one.

Don't be so sure of that. Porter turned down a fight with Keith. They would've been fighting each other if Thurman had it iPhone way. Let's take a look at the list of fighters who have avoided him Porter, Maidana, Guerrero, even Paulie just trash talked him. I wonder why they'll fight Shawn and not him lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 29 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (theboxingchannel2 @ Apr 29 2014, 11:17 PM) *

Don't be so sure of that. Porter turned down a fight with Keith. They would've been fighting each other if Thurman had it iPhone way. Let's take a look at the list of fighters who have avoided him Porter, Maidana, Guerrero, even Paulie just trash talked him. I wonder why they'll fight Shawn and not him lol

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 30 2014, 05:49 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Thurman is a much smaller guy than we all realize. He's only 5'7 with 69' reach. He'll fall into the trap that many do when fighting Mayweather. I do think Thurman is very, very good from what we've seen of him. I think he wrecks Shawn Porter who is top heavy very wide and wild. Thurman backs him up with straight punches. All Thurman has to do is settle down and box and that will tame that savage caveman known as Porter.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 30 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 30 2014, 06:49 PM) *
Thurman is a much smaller guy than we all realize. He's only 5'7 with 69' reach. He'll fall into the trap that many do when fighting Mayweather. I do think Thurman is very, very good from what we've seen of him. I think he wrecks Shawn Porter who is top heavy very wide and wild. Thurman backs him up with straight punches. All Thurman has to do is settle down and box and that will tame that savage caveman known as Porter.

hes the perfect size for his division. mayweather has freak arms and should not be considered the norm, hes the exception. pacquiao and bradley are 5'6 with 67 in reaches, so was duran. most welterweights are around 5'7 or 5'8 and have around a 69 inch reach.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 30 2014, 06:46 PM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

porter used to fight at 154 so thats why hes top heavy, hes got power, but if you get past that power, down the stretch its not as bad. dont let the paulie fight warmp your perception, paulie was a mess and got caught cold. he came out totally cold and not warmed up at all, his body got shocked by the punches and didnt recover, thats his own fault. dont forget hes been stopped 2wice before by lesser punchers. hes also been dropped many times. we all thought broner would stop him, but we realized broner didnt hit hard at 147. porter just did what we all expected broner to do, becauze porter is actually dangerous. hen porter meets an equal, he can be beaten. id take keith over porter, keith is a natural 147 pounder, and down the stretch he wont get tired from all that muscle mass. keith will also retain his speed and power down the stretch, where as porters pucnhes may start losing steam and speed.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 01:17 PM