IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> should hbo just reel in jim lampley, or get rid of him altogether?
Gambit808
post Dec 12 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #61

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2012, 10:00 AM) *
Yep...got choked up like Manny had gone to the afterlife after the KO.

Yup he did...what the hell was that all about? I joked that maybe he put the house up on Manny to win by KO in the 6th round, but damn u would've thought he was from the Philipines.

Did u hear the DEFINING SILENCE from Larry Merchant both times Manny hit the deck? Lol. This is why I like the HBO commentators (besides Bob Papa) better than Showtime. Even when they tend to side with a fighter that loses in the way that Manny did, it makes it that much more funnier to watch IMO. They should've had a "reaction-cam" in slow motion right on the commentators faces the 2 times Manny went down. What sight that would be lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 12 2012, 11:23 AM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 12 2012, 04:22 PM) *
Yup he did...what the hell was that all about? I joked that maybe he put the house up on Manny to win by KO in the 6th round, but damn u would've thought he was from the Philipines.

Did u hear the DEFINING SILENCE from Larry Merchant both times Manny hit the deck? Lol. This is why I like the HBO commentators (besides Bob Papa) better than Showtime. Even when they tend to side with a fighter that loses in the way that Manny did, it makes it that much more funnier to watch IMO. They should've had a "reaction-cam" in slow motion right on the commentators faces the 2 times Manny went down. What sight that would be lol.

they were still in denial i think, they werent sure he was out cold with his dick in hand and all

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 12 2012, 11:28 AM
Post #63

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 12 2012, 11:23 AM) *
they were still in denial i think, they werent sure he was out cold with his dick in hand and all

Yup, hesitation and all. So much so that they immediately wanted to talk about Marquez's "New Muscle".

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 12 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #64

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 12 2012, 10:05 AM) *
Anybody have any footage of Lampley after the fight? I didnt have HBO's telecast.

Yea I streamed the fight! So what? lol

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvq7wk_ma...rt#.UMivcfF5mSN

Thank Jack 1000

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #65

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 12 2012, 11:22 AM) *

I tried to give Lampley the benefit of the doubt and thought that he was thinking of Emanuel Steward missing the epic ending of the fight. Im sure there will be a camera angle of the announcer's table during the replay this Saturday night. Anybody notice Lampley and RJJ stand up when Manny got KO'd? It was CRAZY, coupled with Roy's long reaction of "OHHHHHHHHH!!!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 12 2012, 11:23 AM) *

LMAO! Leave it to MG!

I wont lie though, it was hard to watch Manny get floored like that. I think everybody in the arena was shook up by it. I was, until I thought about how much he was getting paid for the fight, then my pity subsided.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 12 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 12 2012, 11:22 AM) *

hearing them get it wrong constantly is what my enjoyment has been reduced to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) adding a reaction cam would make their bullshit slightly bearable.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Dec 12 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #67

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

"He's not getting up Jim! He's not getting up, Jim! He's not getting, Jim!"

Roy's reaction. Favorite part. I'm pretty spent with these guys, minus Roy. I enjoy Roy on the broadcast for clarity and real boxing knowledge. I detest Lampley and Merchant. Utter worthlessness. And Max has become increasingly annoying.

Lampley crying was just pathetic. Smh. Merchant's Alzheimer's and general cantankerousness was at an all time high on Saturday.

Most of the time, we mute them. Or mock them. Either works.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 12 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #68

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I found it. It was absolutely disgusting. 1st of all, Marquez the smartest counterpuncher in boxing? Did Floyd Mayweather die? lol Secondly, when you can't hide your bias to the point where you are crying like a little kid because your boo boo loss, you need to be fired. PERIOD! He should be ashamed of himself. Thirdly, even in his description of what Marquez did to Pacquiao, it was more of a eulogy for Manny than praising Marquez. Manny was not dominating that fight until that point. He'd already gotten dropped. I actually thought Marquez was winning the 6th. He was countering Manny with some sneaky right hands ALL NIGHT LONG. I was waiting for The Mary Jane Girls to come out singing everytime he got hit. Knock it off Lampley. Nothing impossible happened other than the fact that you came to the realization that the praise you were giving Manny was much too overexaggerrated.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Dec 12 2012, 04:01 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 12 2012, 11:40 PM
Post #69

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Maybe a bunch of us should contact HBO over Jim's biases in favor of the contracted fighters. He is REALLY turning me off with this type of commentary!

Jack

PS. And yes, I had the fight even at 47-47 at the stoppage. Jim, you probably only gave Marquez the round in which he scored a knockdown. Your biased commentary is just as bad as bias in judging and even "corrupt judging." There is corrupt commentary too as well as Punch Stats, where many times they did not tell the story of the fight that the judges saw.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 13 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #70

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 12 2012, 11:29 AM) *

Thanks a million Jack1000!

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:13 AM