IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)7PM(PT) Ward vs. Rodriguez-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers or Public Streams
The Original MrF...
post Nov 19 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #101

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

In all seriousness, Ward looks like he can make 160. He came in at 167. He looks like he stays in great shape in between fights. I'd love to see him stop the GGG train. That would be a lucrative fight for him. GGG is HBO's newest sensation. Lets see if he's real.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 19 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #102

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 19 2013, 12:04 AM) *
You need to be beaten for this lol

Which part? lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 19 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #103

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 19 2013, 09:54 AM) *
In all seriousness, Ward looks like he can make 160. He came in at 167. He looks like he stays in great shape in between fights. I'd love to see him stop the GGG train. That would be a lucrative fight for him. GGG is HBO's newest sensation. Lets see if he's real.

Are you suggesting that he drop down in weight?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 19 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #104

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 19 2013, 11:40 AM) *
Which part? lol

You know what I'm referring to. The part about him being white lol. White people stole RG3 but we not giving up Ward lol

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 19 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #105

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 19 2013, 12:28 PM) *
Are you suggesting that he drop down in weight?

No. I dont think he should, unless it benefits him to. He just seems small for 168. I recently saw pics of him next to Mayweather Jr Jr and Ward appeared the smaller man. Ward probably could drop 7 pounds and clear out 160. Who is at 168 thats worth fighting? 175 just has Hopkins at this time, which isnt likely to happen. Perhaps it would benefit Ward to check out the scene at 160. You have GGG, Martinez and shit you might even goad Mayweather to come up and see you.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Nov 19 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #106

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 18 2013, 08:57 PM) *
I think more is being made of Andre's perceived draw ability. I think Kellerman summed it up pretty good. He wasn't from tat area in Cali, when he fights closer to the Bay, he constantly pulls in 10k or more. I don't think he needs to fight outside of California to draw or get bigger paydays, he's in a tough spot. Who can he fight that's in or around his weight class that will bring him a bigger payday? I say his biggest payday comes form a JCC Jr fight but maybe his toughest fight comes against Gennady. I've yet to see anyone that I think will beat him. Nobody from 160 up messing with him

We also have to take into account that he's not the only one in this boat. Bradley, Donaire,Rigo and others aren't huge draws. Some of the blame should fall o the promoter. These are P4P fighters and they ain't getting marketed properly. I think GB masks some things about their fighters. If Santa Cruz or Mares headlined a card anywhere but Cali would they sell? The fact is there are FEW fighters that draw in the sport, don't even bring up PP. If Danny Garcia fought anywhere but the east coast what would he pull in? Funny how Cruz, Mares, and Garcia are pushed and marketed to the appropriate demographic. Ward and/or his promoter knows what he's doing. I went to Ward-Froch and that fight had more then a few comps

Ward is not a Vegas fighter, don't set my brotha up for failure like that lol. There are solutions to his overblown problem but some of them are out of his hands. If you can make a fight with GGG, that would sell well on the east coast, just like a Martinez fight would too. Make a fight with Chavez Jr and that fight would sell in Cali, Texas, that fight would sell here in Chicago. That fight would sell anywhere. But you have to find fighters that the public believe will beat this man, I don't see anyone out there that can do it but there are 3 boogeymen that people believe can and he should go that route in Kovalev, Stevenson, and Golovkin. Unfortunatley Andre does have to be picky because he's so good that people ain't gonna just buy into whoever he fights. He's not Mayweather where he can get away with stuff like that. Only 4 fighters can do that, Floyd, Manny, Cotto, Chavez Jr, and maybe Canelo for honorable mention. They have a following ingrained thanks to good promotion. Maybe that's why he wanted out with Goosen

That's right. let ward cook

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 19 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #107

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 19 2013, 02:30 PM) *
No. I dont think he should, unless it benefits him to. He just seems small for 168. I recently saw pics of him next to Mayweather Jr Jr and Ward appeared the smaller man. Ward probably could drop 7 pounds and clear out 160. Who is at 168 thats worth fighting? 175 just has Hopkins at this time, which isnt likely to happen. Perhaps it would benefit Ward to check out the scene at 160. You have GGG, Martinez and shit you might even goad Mayweather to come up and see you.

I agree with you, he's cleaned out 168, 175 has some names but after he cleans that out then what? I don't believe he or Hopkins will ever fight eachother. But I also wonder why we, and when I say we I mean us fans and the media. Why don't we demand Gennady or Martinez to move up. This is very telling. People want Ward to move up or down, same as Floyd, but they not demanding this alleged monster to do so. The names at 160 ain't that much better then what's at 168. If he and Gennady fight or he and Sergio fight it should be at 168. Ward is the P4P #2 fighter in the sport. Why should he concede his position to a fighter like Golovkin whose good but we don't know if he's "actually good". It doesn't make sense for him to drop. He tried to get Martinez and he said he was willing to do 164. I don't think Dibella or Martinez want that fight any way

As far as Ward and the way he looks, dude is a SMW, he has a slim frame but I saw him next to Broner a lot on Vegas during the Mayweather-Canelo fight weekend. Adrien is nowhere near as big as Andre. That's just muscle mass and nothing more. Over time, I think that there will be just like there is for floyd these alleged boogeymen who the public wants to see him fight. We see it now with Golovkin. A guy who fights 4 times a year and you barely know any of there names but yet he's seen as a threat to beat Ward. If anything Gennady should man up and move up to get that fight. Ward has earned the right to do that. Golovkin hasn't earned the right to have a fighter of Ward's caliber come to him

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 19 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #108

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I agree with chi, he's a smw, granted he's smallish for the division. That's why I wouldn't mind seeing him and martinez fight at around 164, ya know meet halfway. But I think ward can definitely outbox martinez, plus ward doesn't really draw outside of the bay so martinez wouldn't want that with cotto, and Floyd still available.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 19 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #109

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 19 2013, 05:29 PM) *
You know what I'm referring to. The part about him being white lol. White people stole RG3 but we not giving up Ward lol

haha fair enough

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 19 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #110

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 19 2013, 11:01 PM) *
I agree with you, he's cleaned out 168, 175 has some names but after he cleans that out then what? I don't believe he or Hopkins will ever fight eachother. But I also wonder why we, and when I say we I mean us fans and the media. Why don't we demand Gennady or Martinez to move up. This is very telling. People want Ward to move up or down, same as Floyd, but they not demanding this alleged monster to do so. The names at 160 ain't that much better then what's at 168. If he and Gennady fight or he and Sergio fight it should be at 168. Ward is the P4P #2 fighter in the sport. Why should he concede his position to a fighter like Golovkin whose good but we don't know if he's "actually good". It doesn't make sense for him to drop. He tried to get Martinez and he said he was willing to do 164. I don't think Dibella or Martinez want that fight any way

As far as Ward and the way he looks, dude is a SMW, he has a slim frame but I saw him next to Broner a lot on Vegas during the Mayweather-Canelo fight weekend. Adrien is nowhere near as big as Andre. That's just muscle mass and nothing more. Over time, I think that there will be just like there is for floyd these alleged boogeymen who the public wants to see him fight. We see it now with Golovkin. A guy who fights 4 times a year and you barely know any of there names but yet he's seen as a threat to beat Ward. If anything Gennady should man up and move up to get that fight. Ward has earned the right to do that. Golovkin hasn't earned the right to have a fighter of Ward's caliber come to him

Honestly I don't see GGG as a monster, plus he'd be kinda small, already giving up height, so why shouldn't Ward give up the weight.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:29 PM